• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantidor

Just watched

tumblr_lh4zv0Ss1B1qzjix8.gif

(Sigourney Weaver was amazing, holy crap)

This movie made me cry and that does not happen often, and it was because how good Weaver is in this. The rest of the movie is pretty average though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can anyone here get in touch with Bo?

I saw this in the DOTA2 thread.
Anyone happen to know Bo and have her number or something? She said she like had a pill lodged in her throat and was choking and then went AFK in game for like 20 minutes and still no response. Seriously don't know wtf is going on.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Harder to steal from. Ain't a sane person that would reach for your hips in public. While the phone is a little bit harder to reach for you, it's far harder for other people to snatch.

I doubt they're keeping them their jeans because they don't want them to be stolen.

I dont think Tom should be wearing those. He has those kinda thick legs so :/ I dunno.

I agree. They look too tight around his thighs.

bsej87

Nooooooo, the thread about the boot and smashing teddies was deleted just as I was getting to the good part! My day at work is ruined!

Spree

Just watched
f_prayersforbobby.jpg

Yeah, I actually teared up watching this. Never ever happened to me before.

btw, thanks, you guys, for the movie recommendation a few pages back. I bookmarked them for later. I haven't seen many LGBT movies so I'm looking forward to when I have some nice free time.

I seriously need to stop stalking the guy I was dating on twitter.
He just keeps tweeting about being so happy and falling for someone, etc.

ASSHOLE!!!!

It's been about a month... I'll get there eventually...

:'(

Had some family members around that helped keep me calm. And apples are okay, just don't be silly like me and try to take apples and medication at the same time ._.

At least you didn't try apples, medication and dick at the same time.

Someone needs to invent dick mints already.

I think asking something along the lines of "Do you like dudes?" (but maybe with less asinine phrasing) is the better question since it allows for more nuance in the answer or something.

RM8

What is the most polite way to ask someone if they are gay?
Good afternoon, good sir. Would you be kind enough to let me know if you find intimacy with other males pleasurable?

I don't think it's a matter of politeness, it's just a rather awkward question to ask :p You should wait until the context gives you an opportunity.

Crayons

Banned
I think asking something along the lines of "Do you like dudes?" (but maybe with less asinine phrasing) is the better question since it allows for more nuance in the answer or something.

I settled with this. But he said no, which is odd because he talks way too much about sucking dicks to be straight.

Also: He gave me answers to a physics quiz (without me even asking!) when it could have got him in trouble. We don't even know each other that well.

daripad

This is why you suck dicks and not whole apple chunks.

I'm glad you are okay Bo :) You are the only woman here

i've never seen a LGBT movie or read a book about it. That may be something I should do this holidays. I'd like something sad, a closeted case IDK I just want to cry (though I never cry in movies, I cry with books)

The purple hair in those pictures is cute. It just strikes me as kind of ostentatious or like more of a young person thing when you consider how much work it is to maintain.

Caladrius

I like Navy Blue dye. I used to have highlights, but stopped getting it done because it costs too much money to maintain.

People kept thinking it was green anyway. I'm a dirty blonde so my hair looks gold in bright light.

It is tempting to start doing it again though.

Mr. F

Banned
After just a cursory glance through the thread you'll see that one doesn't have to have something to contribute in order to participate.

Also, I agree that we should try to do a better job at shutting down people who try to shut down interesting conversations or debates.
I may have been guilty of this a few times myself >__>

True, I guess that's just down to my own posting (or lack thereof) habits.

On the latter point, I just personally tire sometimes of when there's legitimately interesting conversation going on that delves into something deeper than the conventional fare that gets derailed or shut down because someone says 'lol I thought this was the gay thread' and insists the conversation turns to guys again. Joking or not it kind of puts a damper on stuff, and then things round back to preference wars or something similarly boring. Again could be just me, nobody else seems to mind so maybe my perception or expectations are out of line.

Anyway, is it weird to want to see Hobbit Part 2 despite not being especially fond of the first? I think even if the movies aren't super great, it's kind of nice to be back in Jackson's version of Middle Earth for a couple
many
hours. The buzz is a bit more positive on this one, at least.

Dany

Banned
I know for me atleast that I want to see Hobbit part 2. Even if its a small improvement thats enough to try again with 'the hobbit'

On the latter point, I just personally tire sometimes of when there's legitimately interesting conversation going on that delves into something deeper than the conventional fare that gets derailed or shut down because someone says 'lol I thought this was the gay thread' and insists the conversation turns to guys again. Joking or not it kind of puts a damper on stuff, and then things round back to preference wars or something similarly boring. Again could be just me, nobody else seems to mind so maybe my perception or expectations are out of line.

Anyway, is it weird to want to see Hobbit Part 2 despite not being especially fond of the first? I think even if the movies aren't super great, it's kind of nice to be back in Jackson's version of Middle Earth for a couple
many

I'm frequently off topic here, actually I've been in a long celibate phase for a while now so on paper I have practically no reason to post here, yet I don't feel unwelcome :p I know what you're talking about, but I don't see it as strongly as you do. Sometimes I think you can bring up most serious topics, and as long as the tone is kept light, no one seems to notice that would otherwise mind, but I can't say that for sure. I do think that we're all a bit inclined to adapt a 'community' thread to suit our purposes or preferences for the kinds of discussion we want to participate in, and that goes for people trying to shut down some kinds of discussions too, whatever side you're on I think the free-form nature of it sometimes results in some pretty disorderly and unsatisfying results. I think this thread can be serious sometimes, but the tone is one that I expect only a casual kind of seriousness, if that makes any sense.

bsej87

many

I pretty much feel the same way and it's why I usually only post in small bursts. If I don't have anything to contribute to the topic I just stay silent. Kind of like how I just perma-lurk the GB thread because I find the thread amusing, but I get the sense some of those people have zero friends and put way too much stock into what the crew thinks and psychoanalyze more than a sitcom parody of a freshman that just took intro psych. Like, they put Britta Perry to shame levels. I like that this thread is a safe haven for people to discuss whatever LGBT-related stuff they wish though.

That being said, fuck anybody talkin' shit 'bout my 3DLand/World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom