• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just personally tire sometimes of when there's legitimately interesting conversation going on that delves into something deeper than the conventional fare that gets derailed or shut down because someone says 'lol I thought this was the gay thread' and insists the conversation turns to guys again. Joking or not it kind of puts a damper on stuff, and then things round back to preference wars or something similarly boring.

I do think that we're all a bit inclined to adapt a 'community' thread to suit our purposes or preferences for the kinds of discussion we want to participate in, and that goes for people trying to shut down some kinds of discussions too, whatever side you're on I think the free-form nature of it sometimes results in some pretty disorderly and unsatisfying results.

Good points. Maybe everyone in the thread can be a little more conscious of that sort of thing from now on? :)

Anyway, is it weird to want to see Hobbit Part 2 despite not being especially fond of the first? I think even if the movies aren't super great, it's kind of nice to be back in Jackson's version of Middle Earth for a couple
many
hours. The buzz is a bit more positive on this one, at least.

I didn't really like or enjoy the first film at all but I still want to see the trilogy through to completion. I wouldn't have wanted to see the sequel in theaters though if it wasn't for all the positive reviews that have been pouring out lately.

While these threads did start off as Relationship threads, they've kind of grown especially when you consider "relationship" is no longer even in the title. If it were solely about relationship posts I'd never be able to post in the thread at all. To me it's now about the community as a whole were we can post about news happening in the community or about our personal lives or whatever.

Anyway, is it weird to want to see Hobbit Part 2 despite not being especially fond of the first? I think even if the movies aren't super great, it's kind of nice to be back in Jackson's version of Middle Earth for a couple
many
I thought part one was pretty underwhelming, but The Desolation of Smaug made up for it in spades. I really, really enjoyed it.

Mr_Zombie

many

The first movie was quite boring, but it still had the charm and great visuals.

mantidor

While these threads did start off as Relationship threads, they've kind of grown especially when you consider "relationship" is no longer even in the title. If it were solely about relationship posts I'd never be able to post in the thread at all. To me it's now about the community as a whole were we can post about news happening in the community or about our personal lives or whatever.

Lack of relationships is a relationship topic
in fact I would bet 90% of relationship topics on GAF are about the lack of one :p

And dyed hair is tacky and horrible, sorry. I only see it working on women, maybe I'm a sexist pig :p

daripad

So I'm the only one here who liked The Hobbit so much that I read the book? Color me surprised, I thought the movie was well received. I'm eagerly awaiting to watch the sequel and I hope that is as good or better than the first one (though I don't think so because of certain part that I don't feel that can be well executed in a movie)

Mr_Zombie

So I'm the only one here who liked The Hobbit so much that I read the book? Color me surprised, I thought the movie was well received. I'm eagerly awaiting to watch the sequel and I hope that is as good or better than the first one (though I don't think so because of certain part that I don't feel that can be well executed in a movie)

I liked The Hobbit so much that I watched the movie. :p

The general criticism towards the movie is that they somehow managed to turn a single book for kids into an epic trilogy. I know that they added a lot of stuff from Tolkien's private notes, but still, the movie feel padded with a lot of additional characters, events etc.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Does anyone have experience with those "numbing" condoms?
jX0wtZsaYxXEb_e.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
Yesssss, strange hair color GAF unite!
My hair has faded back to white now. Maybe red next. :D

I love when the blue fades to white/silver instead of icky green/blonde. I've only ever gotten blue done, it's been kinda my 'thing' for the past 6 years or so. Maybe one time I'll get pink :eek:

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

I read the books long before any of the films came out and I really liked the LotR films, but I thought the first Hobbit film was just so fucking dull. Making three epic movies out of one small children's book was a ridiculous cash grab and the narrative really took a hit as a result.

I'm sticking to a buzz cut because I'm going into the air force. My stubble is usually longer than my head hair.

Air Force! Be sure to pop in every now and then to regale us with steamy tales from the barracks.

daripad

I'm starting The Fellowship of The Ring and it seems that this book has a darker thing going on compared to the hobbit, right? I'm enjoying it, I laughed at
Bilbo's speech and his will

Grakl

I'm starting The Fellowship of The Ring and it seems that this book has a darker thing going on compared to the hobbit, right? I'm enjoying it, I laughed at

The Lord of the Rings trilogy has a completely different tone from The Hobbit, yeah. I love both, though. I doubt you have to spoiler tag anything in LOTR, the book is decades old by now :p.

Mr_Zombie

The Hobbit was a book that Tolkien wrote for his kids. Lord of the Ring trilogy are much more mature, darker and complicated (politics!) books in comparison.

Ty4on

The Lord of the Rings trilogy has a completely different tone from The Hobbit, yeah. I love both, though. I doubt you have to spoiler tag anything in LOTR, the book is decades old by now :p.

Why not? There are probably a lot of people like daripad getting into the trilogy who don't want spoilers. I don't like that I can only imagine how the big twist in first three Star Wars movies was back then :/

Well I feel like a klutz. Was doing the dishes just now and dropped a almost 40 year old bowl of my mothers. It wasn't anything fancy but still.

Mr. F

Banned
I'm frequently off topic here, actually I've been in a long celibate phase for a while now so on paper I have practically no reason to post here, yet I don't feel unwelcome :p I know what you're talking about, but I don't see it as strongly as you do. Sometimes I think you can bring up most serious topics, and as long as the tone is kept light, no one seems to notice that would otherwise mind, but I can't say that for sure. I do think that we're all a bit inclined to adapt a 'community' thread to suit our purposes or preferences for the kinds of discussion we want to participate in, and that goes for people trying to shut down some kinds of discussions too, whatever side you're on I think the free-form nature of it sometimes results in some pretty disorderly and unsatisfying results. I think this thread can be serious sometimes, but the tone is one that I expect only a casual kind of seriousness, if that makes any sense.

Yeah I get what you mean. Again, I totally understand that my expectations or preferences might not be in line with the realities of the thread. There's probably a good balance of both to be struck.

I pretty much feel the same way and it's why I usually only post in small bursts. If I don't have anything to contribute to the topic I just stay silent. Kind of like how I just perma-lurk the GB thread because I find the thread amusing, but I get the sense some of those people have zero friends and put way too much stock into what the crew thinks and psychoanalyze more than a sitcom parody of a freshman that just took intro psych. Like, they put Britta Perry to shame levels. I like that this thread is a safe haven for people to discuss whatever LGBT-related stuff they wish though.

That being said, fuck anybody talkin' shit 'bout my 3DLand/World

Ohh yes. The GB thread is a whole different beast. Cool that people are so invested and feel connections with the crew (as anyone would with any small, personality-driven operation), but it gets a bit...intense at times. I like posting in there from time to time and during live stuff, but like you otherwise I don't have much to say.

I didn't really like or enjoy the first film at all but I still want to see the trilogy through to completion. I wouldn't have wanted to see the sequel in theaters though if it wasn't for all the positive reviews that have been pouring out lately.

Yeah me too, feels too early for it still, but I'm weirdly nostalgic for LoTR. Especially as they always come out in December.

I thought part one was pretty underwhelming, but The Desolation of Smaug made up for it in spades. I really, really enjoyed it.

That's promising to hear, I had only been looking at pre-release feedback and couldn't tell if it was skewed.

The first movie was quite boring, but it still had the charm and great visuals.

For all the touting that it received, the higher framerate kind of compromised the effects, I think. The sweeping wide shots and travel scenes looked great, but everything else close up looked a bit off and fake. The CGI was also a lot more jarring as a result, but apparently it looks a lot better in the sequel so that's good.

Grakl

Why not? There are probably a lot of people like daripad getting into the trilogy who don't want spoilers. I don't like that I can only imagine how the big twist in first three Star Wars movies was back then :/

Dunno, at a certain point I feel like spoiler tagging old-ish books is unnecessary. Anyone still can if they want lol

Air Force! Be sure to pop in every now and then to regale us with steamy tales from the barracks.

I'm not in yet dude.

thats what he said mirite

Also, speaking of butts: can anyone explain the appeal of super high-fidelity, close-up anus shots on apps and the like? Butt pictures are one thing, but the last thing I need to see is you doing your best goatse imitation.

daripad

The Hobbit was a book that Tolkien wrote for his kids. Lord of the Ring trilogy are much more mature, darker and complicated (politics!) books in comparison.

That's good to hear. I liked The Hobbit but I didn't enjoy it at times and I felt like reading a child's book...and it looks that it was meant that way. The world didn't feel enticing in the book so I hope TLotR gets that better (ad is doing it better already). The story so far has a better premise and even the characters have more personality.

Caladrius

I'm not in yet dude.

Also, speaking of butts: can anyone explain the appeal of super high-fidelity, close-up anus shots on apps and the like? Butt pictures are one thing, but the last thing I need to see is you doing your best goatse imitation.

People are secretly hoping they'll be screwed by a physician.

I love when the blue fades to white/silver instead of icky green/blonde. I've only ever gotten blue done, it's been kinda my 'thing' for the past 6 years or so. Maybe one time I'll get pink :eek:

Turquoise rarely fades to silver ugh, always like green/white. I did find a nice blue once that left silver once it faded but I can't for the life of me remember the name. :l

Can't speak for colored hair but I did notice just the other day while I was shaving that some of my beard hairs were sort of blond/gray. I'm only 33 dammit! I'm too young to get gray hairs.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Aight guyz real talk for a sec.

I think I might've ruined my dick. Ughhhg what's wrong with me :( :( :( :( I'm loathe to post this here but I need to know if this happened to any of you before.

(NSFW?)
so i was jerking it through my shorts and didn't use any lube and when i was finished i saw that i gave my self rugburn on the head. like, bright red and painful to the touch. rubbed some lotion on it and went to sleep. the next day when i woke up, and i could barely walk because it would hurt like hell when it would brush up against my clothes. kept rubbing lotion on it throughout the day and by the next day it didn't hurt anymore because the skin on the head got really stiff (like a callus almost). this was like two days ago and the head is still stiff and scratchy. the skin around the base of the head is really crinkly and feels stiff like tissue paper. WTF will it ever return to normal or am i doomed to have a wrecked penis forever?

why did no one ever warn me about this ;___;

Don't laff at me ;___;

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I think I might've ruined my dick. Ughhhg what's wrong with me :( :( :( :( I'm loathe to post this here but I need to know if this happened to any of you before.

(NSFW?)
so i was jerking it through my shorts and didn't use any lube and when i was finished i saw that i gave my self rugburn on the head. like, bright red and painful to the touch. rubbed some lotion on it and went to sleep. the next day when i woke up, and i could barely walk because it would hurt like hell when it would brush up against my clothes. kept rubbing lotion on it throughout the day and by the next day it didn't hurt anymore because the skin on the head got really stiff (like a callus almost). this was like two days ago and the head is still stiff and scratchy. the skin around the base of the head is really crinkly and feels stiff like tissue paper. WTF will it ever return to normal or am i doomed to have a wrecked penis forever?

Don't laff at me ;___;

#TEAMFORESKIN

bsej87

So, the usual caveat of I'm not a doctor, etc., but it sounds like you just got a minor cut/abrasion and the crinkly skin is some version of it scabbing over to heal just like any other cut/scratch you'd get.
Calm down, it'll be powering through sphincter in no time :D

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So it hasn't ever happened to any of you guys before? :( I feel dumb for not knowing that that sort of thing could happen to a penis. This sort of shit should be common knowledge at this point. They should teach it in health class or something. Men's health education in this country is awful. ;___;

Thanks for the advice though. I guess I'll just keep rubbing lotion on it and hope for the best.

Anyway,

Just got back from seeing Desolation of Smaug. Much better than the first film. It still dragged a bit in parts, but for the most part the pacing was way better. I wasn't all "YEAHH OMG" when I left the theater, but I could definitely see myself watching it again which is not something that I can say about the first film.

The romance between
Tauriel and Fili/Kili (can't remember which one it was)
was really weird and came out of nowhere and the
penis size
joke was in bad taste and doesn't belong in a movie like this.

Action scenes were pretty good but we're at the point now where almost every action scene in a big budget film looks like it came from a video game, which is weird and jarring.

Beorn was sort of hot and I was glad they showed him naked. Dat ass.

Hmm, what else...The CGI is significantly better than in the first film, the 3D is shit (so don't waste your money), and oh yeah, Smaug was prettty damn amazing.

I'm not in yet dude.

You'll get in, I just know it!

Took this personality test and got http://www.16personalities.com/infp-personality

Fits me pretty damn well tbh.

INFJ. Pretty accurate for me as well.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

(NSFW?)

Don't laff at me ;___;

It's just skin. It'll heal. The dead skin will flake away eventually. It's not like you damaged the internal tissue or anything. Just do your best to keep it clean and infection-free. If you're that concerned, though, seeing a doc is always the best choice.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's just skin. It'll heal. The dead skin will flake away eventually. It's not like you damaged the internal tissue or anything. Just do your best to keep it clean and infection-free. If you're that concerned, though, seeing a doc is always the best choice.

I hope you're right.

If it gets worse or doesn't heal then I'll go to the doctor
and have him charge me $700 for just looking at it :(

daripad

Okay, Desolation of Smaug was very good. I loved how they managed to do the
Barrel riding part. It was the most boring thing in the book but in the movie it was cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom