• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delio

CHEEZMO™;52040679 said:
JKxFPFO.gif

omg beautiful.

Oh shit guys, I think I messed up.
Here's what happened: My Dad was watching the news and I was using the computer that's on the living room and on the news something about a Football player coming out of the closet came up, and I said "Who?" and my Dad told me. So then Mom called me and said "Why does that kind of stuff interest you?" I got fucking nervious and came up with a half-assed answer: "It's very rare for someone to do that..." she said "So then if you were gay, you wouldn't say it?" I didn't answer this I just said "Would you?" and she answered with "Yeah, if I was I would. You wouldn't?" I said "I dunno, it would scare me" then I grabbed a glass of water and got the fuck out of there.
I really hope she's not starting to suspect :S

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Here's what happened: My Dad was watching the news and I was using the computer that's on the living room and on the news something about a Football player coming out of the closet came up, and I said "Who?" and my Dad told me. So then Mom called me and said "Why does that kind of stuff interest you?" I got fucking nervious and came up with a half-assed answer: "It's very rare for someone to do that..." she said "So then if you were gay, you wouldn't say it?" I didn't answer this I just said "Would you?" and she answered with "Yeah, if I was I would. You wouldn't?" I said "I dunno, it would scare me" then I grabbed a glass of water and got the fuck out of there.

I think she might suspect...

daripad

Why dont you want to come out to them? At least your mother seems accepting it

_Isaac

That seemed like a good response on her part. She seems okay with it. Do you think it would really bother them or is it just an awkward subject for you?

I think she might suspect...
Ah shit... She's really smart so this wouldn't surprise me...
Why dont you want to come out to them? At least your mother seems accepting it
I don't really know, I get nervious. What if my Dad is not okay with it? I've never talked to my Dad about stuff like that... I don't really know what he might think.

That seemed like a good response on her part. She seems okay with it. Do you think it would really bother them or is it just an awkward subject for you?
It's both really, like what if my Mom is not okay with it? She says that Gay people have a really hard life and I think she would at least get sad if I told her... Although I really don't know, she's made comments about Gay people before but who hasn't, really. It's also an awkward subject for me, I don't know if my family would accept me... I really get along wiith them but I don't know how they would react to something like that.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm eating pretty healthy and everything...

and then my mom makes fudge. WHAT THE FUCK. SO MUCH FUDGE. At least I'm getting out of here tomorrow. My family eats horribly. :p

BeesEight

I don't really know, I get nervious. What if my Dad is not okay with it? I've never talked to my Dad about stuff like that... I don't really know what he might think.

I think she knows.

But, if you're just worried about your Dad, have you considered talking to your Mom alone? Assuming, of course, you're ready. If you're not ready then you're not ready.

nickcv

It's both really, like what if my Mom is not okay with it? She says that Gay people have a really hard life and I think she would at least get sad if I told her... Although I really don't know, she's made comments about Gay people before but who hasn't, really. It's also an awkward subject for me, I don't know if my family would accept me... I really get along wiith them but I don't know how they would react to something like that.

your mom knows it, and so does your dad, because probably she talked to him about it.
and you don't have to worry about those things, my mom is completely fine with it, but just like your mom she was worried for me because she thinks that gay people have to face many more struggles in life, but that doesn't mean she is not accepting for who i am.

don't worry and tell her privately.

daripad

I'm eating pretty healthy and everything...

and then my mom makes fudge. WHAT THE FUCK. SO MUCH FUDGE. At least I'm getting out of here tomorrow. My family eats horribly. :p
Tell me that, I'm trying hard to lose weight and they start eating lots of delicious things that I don't have to eat, but I cannot refuse

Holmes

Basically I was talking with this guy about high school and how he was in the swim team, and he talked about how every time he'd go on trips or out-of-state competitions with the team, the boys all got really adventurous with each other, blowing each other off and jerking too, and apparently some attempted anal, that was back in high school but now he's out and has a girlfriend, he claimed none of the boys were gay but he suspected some were, he says it was nice while it lasted but has no interest in ever experimenting like that again. I cannot confirm the veracity of his story since I didn't go to the same school but regardless, it still made me mad jelly, I've only had experience dating a boy for 2 months and it didn't go anywhere, never did anything with him either.
I... I was on the swim team for a year in high school and... I... why couldn't this ever happen to me

BeesEight

I... I was on the swim team for a year in high school and... I... why couldn't this ever happen to me

My school didn't have a swim team and the teams I was on were nothing like that.

Maybe it's an American thing. I mean, I was even part of Drama club for crying out loud!

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
My school didn't have a swim team and the teams I was on were nothing like that.

My school was so small that it had a basketball team and... well, that's it. They tried soccer (which I played briefly) but disbanded it because they couldn't find many teams to play against.

My graduating class was five people. Five.

Atlantis

Basically I was talking with this guy about high school and how he was in the swim team, and he talked about how every time he'd go on trips or out-of-state competitions with the team, the boys all got really adventurous with each other, blowing each other off and jerking too, and apparently some attempted anal, that was back in high school but now he's out and has a girlfriend, he claimed none of the boys were gay but he suspected some were, he says it was nice while it lasted but has no interest in ever experimenting like that again. I cannot confirm the veracity of his story since I didn't go to the same school but regardless, it still made me mad jelly, I've only had experience dating a boy for 2 months and it didn't go anywhere, never did anything with him either.

I'm pretty sure I read this story on Nifty.

My school was so small that it had a basketball team and... well, that's it. They tried soccer (which I played briefly) but disbanded it because they couldn't find many teams to play against.

Did you have to walk 30 miles in the snow, up hill, both ways?

MarkusRJR

Fuck Easter Sunday. My dad is pretty religious so he went out of his way to make such an elaborate meal that could feed 10-12 people easily, yet there's only 3 of us in the house. I ate so much and feel sooo bloated. I have work in an hour too so I'm going to feel like complete shit.

It was totally worth it. Mmmmmmmm...

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Did you have to walk 30 miles in the snow, up hill, both ways?

It was pretty close. The school was about 15 miles in between towns in either direction. In a heavily wooded area. In very rural upstate NY.

But also about 45 minutes from where the 1980 winter Olympics were held!

And Lana Del Rey was born there? -_-

BeesEight

That's just... what.

And I thought the town I was raised in was small.

Was your teacher also the town's Doctor/Nurse/Veterinarian/Mayor/Milk Man?

fernoca

AND in addition to all this, I've discovered that I'm probably sexually incompatible with every other gay guy. I'll be blunt: I have little to no interest in anal. Both top, bottom, whatever. This is going to be a problem for me, isn't it? This is getting into another problem, though. I just wanted to throw it out there since I'm in rant-mode.

Darn, this is me!!
I won't lie, it sucks. Especially when you talk to people and they keep insisting on "well, but you have to enjoy either or both"; as if there's an obligation of sorts. Makes looking and meeting peopel even harder than it already is. Reminds me of the movie 'Beginners' when the character played by Goran Visnjic (who is in a relationship with Chritopher Plummer's character), talks about "sex" then laughs; at the word because some people wouldn't consider what they "do" as sex.

Don't know what to say about the rest youf post to make you feel better. If anything, just keep chekcing things out and going to the doctor. At least to find a remedy for the pain, then..guess things in general should feel better.

Darn, this is me!!
I won't lie, it sucks. Especially when you talk to people and they keep insisting on "well, but you have to enjoy either or both"; as if there's an obligation of sorts. Makes looking and meeting peopel even harder than it already is. Reminds me of the movie 'Beginners' when the character played by Goran Visnjic (who is in a relationship with Chritopher Plummer's character), talks about "sex" then laughs; at the word because some people wouldn't consider what they "do" as sex.

Don't know what to say about the rest youf post to make you feel better. If anything, just keep chekcing things out and going to the doctor. At least to find a remedy for the pain, then..guess things in general should feel better.

You're not alone! I googled and found this surprisingly informative Yahoo Answer.

dubious source said:
The prevalence of anal sex among homosexual couples in the West has varied over time. Magnus Hirschfeld, in his 1914 work, "The Homosexuality of Men and Women", reported the rate of anal sex among homosexual men surveyed to be 8%, the least favored of all the practices documented (http://paganpressbooks.com/jpl/MAGNUS.HT… ). Likewise, some scholars state that oral sex and mutual masturbation are more common than anal stimulation among gay men in long-term relationships (http://goaskalice.columbia.edu/not-all-g… and http://books.google.com/?id=LPyhsuVbUlAC… ) and that, in general, anal intercourse is more popular among homosexual male couples than among heterosexual couples, but that "it ranks behind oral sex and mutual masturbation" among both sexual orientations in prevalence (http://books.google.com/books?id=Y6QRJb4… ).

By the 1950s in the United Kingdom, it was thought that about fifteen percent of male homosexuals had anal sex (http://www.amazon.com/Love-That-Dared-Sp… ). More recent studies, The Gay Urban Men's Study (P.I. Stall, UCSF) and the Young Men's Study (YMS, PI Osmond/Catania, UCSF), indicate that 50% of the surveyed men who have sex with men engage in anal sex. The 1994 Laumann study suggests that 80% of gay men practice it and 20% never engage in it at all (http://www.amazon.com/Social-Organizatio… ).

The National Institutes of Health (NIH), with information published in the British Medical Journal (BMJ), states that two thirds of gay men have anal sex (http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/article… ). Other sources suggest that roughly three-fourths of gay men have anal sex at one time or another in their lives, with an equal percentage participating as tops and bottoms (http://books.google.com/?id=i4wRl0_8NuUC… ). A survey in The Advocate in 1994 indicated that 46% of gay men preferred to penetrate their partners, while 43% preferred to be the receptive partner. A survey conducted from 1994 to 1997 in San Francisco by the Stop AIDS Project indicated that over the course of the study, among men who have sex with men, the proportion engaging in anal sex increased from 57.6% to 61.2% (http://www.cdc.gov/mmwR/preview/mmwrhtml… ).

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120317224659AAO0l2L

Not every gay man likes anal sex, but stereotypes persist

BeesEight

It's not like you have to have anal all the time either.

I mean, I've only done it once but I've had sex more than once. I do have some friends trying to convince me of its virtues, however. :p

I don't think it is nearly as big a problem as you might think. I mean, unless you want to get into the pick-up culture. But usually when you're first getting to know someone, I don't find that anal has to be on the table and the odd time that someone actually proposed it was very respectful of my desires.

Or, to put it bluntly, most of the guys I've met are willing to do other things in the heat of the moment if you won't do that. (Which is the safest way anyway.)

But yeah, I read that even couples who do anal won't do it all the time anyway. Now, if you aren't into oral as well then I can really see where your options would be severely limited.

Alcoori

I like anal, but like you said BeesEight, not necessarily every single time. Sometimes I don't feel ready, sometimes I'm just too tired, and I rarely do it if I'm not dating the person.

However and in all honesty, if someone wasn't into it or refused to ever do it, that'd be a deal breaker for me.

Menaged

Renly though. GAWD

renly.gif

Season 2 spoiler
I was so sad when he died :( I loved his character in all aspects, especialy the gay one... I like his beard trimmed thought

I also love Jon Snow. Sooooo handsome.

SoulBlade - I join the others when I say that I think your mother already knows, and maybe with these words she hoped you'll finaly tell her. It seems like she would be fine with it, but I completly understand your fears. I was 99% sure that my parents would be find with me being gay, and still it took me months upon months to talk to my mom first, and my dad a week later. Eventually all is well.

Wish you all the best :)

BeesEight

I like anal, but like you said BeesEight, not necessarily every single time. Sometimes I don't feel ready, sometimes I'm just too tired, and I rarely do it if I'm not dating the person.

However and in all honesty, if someone wasn't into it or refused to ever do it, that'd be a deal breaker for me.

Oh, I can definitely see it being an issue for some. But I don't think a "I don't like anal ergo I'm forever alone" is really accurate.

Though, I would ask those who aren't into it why they don't like it and why they wouldn't try it especially if they found some really sweet guy that they absolutely loved otherwise. Personally, for me, I'm of a romantic bent were I'd rather keep that sort of thing for someone I really like and since I'm relatively inexperienced I'd rather learn and explore those activities with someone I trust. The time I did it was pretty meh but I can recognize that different circumstances and situations can come into play and just because I didn't have a great experience the first time doesn't mean that it's always going to be bad.

But to balance that perspective, I would never suggest someone "force" themselves to try it, especially bottoming (never done it but I've heard stuff about it).

Ahasverus

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU my house maid catched my bf and me having sex, and I'm afraid he will tell my parents, the worst part? she's a jehova's witness. Man this sucks, I didin't even want sex today :(

totally worth it

Sai-kun

Banned
I kinda thought I had lost my slightly feminine appearance, but apparently that's not the case. I posted a couple pictures of me doing yoga on my tumblr, and was followed by these 3 accounts within the next 30 minutes:

yogashowsass
sexygirlsinleggings
pantsforass

:lol just great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom