• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBThread |OT3| Friends of Dorothy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daripad

Crayons, you should go straight to the good guy and tell him that you are interested in him. Or if you don't want to be that fast, you can try to get a conversation with him about gay issues or something like that, telling him that you are gay at te end of it. He might come out to you at te same time and then you know what you have to do.
Actually, I don't know if that would work, as I have never dated anyone (not even tried) and I haven't come out to anyone lol

Crayons

Banned
Uh, you guys are 16 and this supposedly crazy guy is a "pedophile"? Is he into fetuses? :p

He told me that he wanted his 10 year old neighbor.

Just ask the guy you like out already.

I've never asked anyone out before. It's just so weird.

Crayons, you should go straight to the good guy and tell him that you are interested in him. Or if you don't want to be that fast, you can try to get a conversation with him about gay issues or something like that, telling him that you are gay at te end of it. He might come out to you at te same time and then you know what you have to do.
Actually, I don't know if that would work, as I have never dated anyone (not even tried) and I haven't come out to anyone lol
Heh, I thought of something like that but it's just so embarrassing, so many things can go wrong.
Today, though, he said something that implied he knew that I brought him all the way to his class even though mine is in the other direction. So maybe he has some idea already.

Trigger

He told me that he wanted his 10 year old neighbor.

ivSv7vj66iwt6.gif

Heh, I thought of something like that but it's just so embarrassing, so many things can go wrong. Today, though, he said something that implied he knew that I brought him all the way to his class even though mine is in the other direction. So maybe he has some idea already.

You should tell him. If he doesn't know, then how would you expect to date him? Are you sure he's gay? Being closeted would seem to be more embarrassing than being out.. leaving you helpless in the situation. He'll probably end up with the other guy.

bsej87

So, he stalks you by being assigned to the same classes as you while you follow another boy to his class in the opposite direction from your own because a neo-nazi pedophile mentioned he is "most likely gay"?

Crayons

Banned
So, he stalks you by being assigned to the same classes as you while you follow another boy to his class in the opposite direction from your own because a neo-nazi pedophile mentioned he is "most likely gay"?

I expected this.
Stalker is only in one of the same classes as me.
His schedule ends over an hour before mine does, so he waits outside my classroom for my class to end. He follows me when I've told him not to at least a hundred times, I've told him time and time again to NOT follow me, but he does it anyway, takes the same bus as me even when he should be taking the other bus, and repeatedly sexually harasses me.
He follows me to the bus, pops up in random places and gives me heart attacks.
If that's not a stalker, I don't know what is.
Don't think I undermine the meaning of 'stalker'. He gives me heart palpitations, and not in a good way.

The nice guy was the one to talk with me when I never said two words to the guy before. I am pretty damn sure he is gay. It's just that you can't say someone is gay for sure unless they say it themselves.

bsej87

takes the same bus as me even when he should be taking the other bus, and repeatedly sexually harasses me.

Yeesh. When you said HS drama I assumed this was a case of "The guy I don't like is stalking me by sitting behind me in class omgggggg" but that is legit Creep Town, USA. Have you considered talking about it to a school counselor and/or ignoring the guy instead of responding in any way as he'll probably take any attention he can get?

daripad

The nice guy was the one to talk with me when I never said two words to the guy before. I am pretty damn sure he is gay. It's just that you can't say someone is gay for sure unless they say it themselves.
I'm curious, how do you know he is gay? What does he do that you think like that?

I think I have a gaydar that doesn't work. There is a young (and hot) doctor at school. He is very normal, I mean, he speaks normally, his hands don't imply he is gay, etc. he doesn't even look at guys in hungry way(from what I've noticed).
Yesterday some classmates mentioned that he might be gay. All of them agreed that right when they saw him for the first time they thought that he was gay. I asked why did they think that and no one could give me a convincing answer.
Do you have some secrets to know that someone is gay? Because the most obvious one would be a guy with no girlfriend and that when friends mention women he wouldn't be saying anything, though I would have to be friends with him to notice it that way.

Crayons

Banned
I'm curious, how do you know he is gay? What does he do that you think like that?

I think I have a gaydar that doesn't work. There is a young (and hot) doctor at school. He is very normal, I mean, he speaks normally, his hands don't imply he is gay, etc. he doesn't even look at guys in hungry way(from what I've noticed).
Yesterday some classmates mentioned that he might be gay. All of them agreed that right when they saw him for the first time they thought that he was gay. I asked why did they think that and no one could give me a convincing answer.
Do you have some secrets to know that someone is gay? Because the most obvious one would be a guy with no girlfriend and that when friends mention women he wouldn't be saying anything, though I would have to be friends with him to notice it that way.

No girlfriend
Gayface
His eyes light up when we talk
He loses his spaghetti around me
and Facebook likes.

Yeesh. When you said HS drama I assumed this was a case of "The guy I don't like is stalking me by sitting behind me in class omgggggg" but that is legit Creep Town, USA. Have you considered talking about it to a school counselor and/or ignoring the guy instead of responding in any way as he'll probably take any attention he can get?

I wouldn't just report him like that.
Whenever he talks to me I always give some dismissive quip meant to get him to shut up, the fact that he kept trying makes me think he gets off on that. Today I needed a pencil to take the test and he was like "I'll give you a pencil if you hate me less" and I was like "Heh, no, fuck you."

lenovox1

I wouldn't just report him like that.
Whenever he talks to me I always give some dismissive quip meant to get him to shut up, the fact that he kept trying makes me think he gets off on that. Today I needed a pencil to take the test and he was like "I'll give you a pencil if you hate me less" and I was like "Heh, no, fuck you."

Nah, he just sounds awkward with no self-worth. He'd be way too afraid to ask you anything or do anything to you, so he's oddly content with just being around you.

Just treat him as you have been, maybe with a bit more delicacy for his ego, until he grows a spine or you go off to college. And continue to be direct and clear if he even attempts to get fresh.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Nah it's gone. It blew out my hip as it went out lol. I just deal with a piece of hip now.

Wow, that's shitty. Do you think you might get a hip replacement?

Edit: Damnit, I wanted to make the Jamie joke!

I was going to make that joke too. XD

Why don't you just have sex with him? What do you have to lose? What if he has a huge cock? You could be missing out!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Sorry for responding for someone else, but he said this:

Yes, it messes with his cardio, but that isn't a strong impact. That's a minor/major annoyance at best.

Going under the knife for cardio-issues seems like a minor thing to me.

Edit: Oh, skipped over the walking bit. Well... depends on how bad his walking is impacted. If he's still able to function normally without too much hassle I don't really see the point of a replacement.

TheSeks

Sigh.
I just want someone special. I don't want a body, I want a person.

Then you're going to be waiting a while, dude.

That's not to say you should be having sex with McCreepyFace, but looking for "the one" is a bit of a fools errand.

Ty4on

Edit: ^^^^^^^^^ We can dream, can't we? :'(
*plays mellow music in the background*
Yes, it messes with his cardio, but that isn't a strong impact. That's a minor/major annoyance at best.

Going under the knife for cardio-issues seems like a minor thing to me.

Edit: Oh, skipped over the walking bit. Well... depends on how bad his walking is impacted. If he's still able to function normally without too much hassle I don't really see the point of a replacement.

I'd say cardio issues aren't that minor. Who doesn't need/want exercise?
I'm also Scandinavian and used to free hip replacements for all! :p

TheSeks

I'd say cardio issues aren't that minor.

Whoosh.

The point is: He is still able to function in regards to 90% of activities, even cardio. I doubt he wants to risk insurance not paying for his hip-replacement because it isn't a "super serious" issue for him.

Then again I've had my fair share of insurance failures to where I'm completely cynical toward things that aren't life and death related.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I want to lose the v card to someone who I really like. Am I just being naive or is that possible?

It's not necessarily naive, but it's also better if you don't get hugely invested in the idea of that first time being with some ideal guy. I figure it's a pretty minor thing for most people when it happens and they later go, "Ooh, what was I thinking?" and simply move on

...or if you're like me, you let it weigh on your mind for years and feed on an already depressive personality. -_-

Ty4on

Whoosh.

The point is: He is still able to function in regards to 90% of activities, even cardio. I doubt he wants to risk insurance not paying for his hip-replacement because it isn't a "super serious" issue for him.

Yeah, I understand with regards to insurance and cash. Not the cheapest thing in the world.

Nohar

I expected this.
Stalker is only in one of the same classes as me.
His schedule ends over an hour before mine does, so he waits outside my classroom for my class to end. He follows me when I've told him not to at least a hundred times, I've told him time and time again to NOT follow me, but he does it anyway, takes the same bus as me even when he should be taking the other bus, and repeatedly sexually harasses me.
He follows me to the bus, pops up in random places and gives me heart attacks.
If that's not a stalker, I don't know what is.
Don't think I undermine the meaning of 'stalker'. He gives me heart palpitations, and not in a good way.

Ok. This shit is serious. You have to make him stop. And since he is not listening to you, you may want to seek an adult's help. You say "you wouldn't report him just like that", but I think you tolerated him way too much already. His behaviour is sick, and it's probably best to stop him now before he does something that really force you to stop him.

@RatskyWatsky: No. Just no. You don't advice people to have sex with creepy stalkers. Sure, Crayons shouldn't be waiting for "the one" (because, I agree with others, you're going to be waiting for a while), but I don't see anything good resulting from having sex with someone you know you shouldn't have sex with. Having sex with someone you hate, just because you want to lose your virginity or because you crave for human affection, is a desperate move, and there are good chances that you will feel horribly empty afterwards (and once creepy stalker gets a grip on him, do you really think he will let him go? I don't think so).

Holmes

LOL high school. Ninth grade was the only time I allowed myself to fall head over heels for another guy, but damn did I fall hard. He ended up being in all my classes, and he was pretty much the guy that made me realize I was gay when I caught myself staring at him all day, every day. I would always choose the shower beside his after gym class. I remember one day he forgot his towel and I went up to him and was like "here, you can borrow mine (◕‿◕✿)". We were even wrestling partners one time and I let him lay on me as much as possible and practice some moves while I just took the pain (was good practice for the future)... although he did break my braces with this one move. Heh. Wow. But nothing happened, probably for the best. The whole thing just made me feel bad for myself about how I'd always have a very small pool of guys that I can pursue romantically. (Not that I feel this way at all anymore, I've been with my boyfriend for almost 7 years now.)

Then you're going to be waiting a while, dude.

That's not to say you should be having sex with McCreepyFace, but looking for "the one" is a bit of a fools errand.
I think it's admirable, and honestly, who cares? Kid's sixteen. It's not like there's a certain age that stops you from having TheSeks (ba dum tch). It'll be up to him whether or not it was worth the wait.

Alcoori

There's certainly no hurry at 16. You'll either find someone you're comfortable havin sex with or you will reach a point where having sex is more important than finding the perfect guy and you will just grab the first decent person around and get it over with. As long as you're safe and no one forces anyone, there's no harm.

Eh, it's true for many gay guys. Not all, obviously.

After reading the definition, it's not. There is such thing as a gay face but it's not because it looks like a woman's face at all. That urban dictionary definition is pretty offensive.

BeesEight

After reading the definition, it's not. There is such thing as a gay face but it's not because it looks like a woman's face at all. That urban dictionary definition is pretty offensive.

You missed the gay man's predatory look and leather skin and the gay woman's eczema.

Hide the kids, there some gays on the loose!

Alrus

Using an Urban Dictionary definition as a basis to determine if someone's gay is, err, not the best idea(to put it nicely). And damn that was rather offensive :|

BeesEight

It reminds me of this :p

Also, I wasn't aware there was such thing as a "gayface". I can't find a more... serious text about it, do you have any links?

EDIT: This is better (but... then it quotes de Urban Dictionary definition on page 2).

Yeah... not going to really touch this. The article is pretty useless without a link to the study itself. Colour me skeptical at the very least. For one, above chance doesn't really mean much especially with no mention of a p value which I'm suspecting is pretty weak. Also, these studies seem to inherently slot individuals into either heterosexual or homosexual with no consideration for the wide diversity in sexuality in the first place which always strikes me as being a pretty large fundamental error.

And the results are always rather strange as well. I mean the article mentions hair whorl as being a possible physical marker of sexual orientation. How many people who claim to have great gaydar are looking at the back of people's heads? (Not to mention that many people don't even share these markers anyway.)

I still maintain gaydar is simply confirmation bias at its best. But we'll see if this research bears any fruit despite my scepticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom