• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my jesus god!!!!!!!!!!!!, you don't know how much I envy you *o*, and it's ok, I would have hover handed with a hottie like him as well, I bet he's much better looking in real life than in pics~

He looks good period, I'd take him with or without the beard~

It's all about Ethan James

don't know his age and I kinda don't wanna find out

he's 19

DOWN

Banned
So stoooked. I really hope they put enough in the open world to justify them going that route.
:/

I like my open worlds to feel like a place. Which means make them huge and beautiful and I don't want to always see another house or treasure or ruin no matter where I am at, despite it supposedly being out in the wilderness and countryside. Plenty to do is good, but I'll need a huge space to not kill the wild open country feeling.

Mr. F

Banned
:/

I like my open worlds to feel like a place. Which means make them huge and beautiful and I don't want to always see another house or treasure or ruin no matter where I am at, despite it supposedly being out in the wilderness and countryside. Plenty to do is good, but I'll need a huge space to not kill the wild open country feeling.

I don't disagree, but that map was huge. Merely hoping they can strike a good balance without it feeling too big for its own good and lifeless, as can happen with open world games.

Kevyt

I don't disagree, but that map was huge. Merely hoping they can strike a good balance without it feeling too big for its own good and lifeless, as can happen with open world games.

Yeah, I hope there's enough content in the world to make it feel alive. There are dungeons in the game, and random enemies throughout the map, so I guess that's a start.

Mr. F

Banned
Yeah, I hope there's enough content in the world to make it feel alive. There are dungeons in the game, and random enemies throughout the map, so I guess that's a start.

As long as it's better than Twilight Princess' overworld I'll have no complaints. Such an awkwardly sparse landscape.

Alrus

Zelda looks good but you can plainly see it's not even close to done, all the environments looked completely empty :/

Code Name STEAM, though.

I get very heavy Valkyria Chronicles vibes from that game. Still not sure about the artstyle and overall mood of the game though.

Ugh. You too?! The environments look like vast countryside on a big map. Excellent to me.

Yeah, exactly.. The most exciting (to me) aspect of RPGs and Zelda games is the sense of exploration. When you go hiking, not everywhere on the trail is exciting with lots of stuff to see and do but when you do find things in a space like that, its more rewarding. New game looks amazing and I can't wait to play it!

Alrus

Ugh. You too?! The environments look like vast countryside on a big map. Excellent to me.

I don't mind the fields being vast, but there wasn't a single living thing on them besides trees. If they want the world to feel like a living one, it's just not working for me right now.

I mean, a game like Xenoblade has huge fields, but there's ton of animals and monsters in them, which makes the world feel much more lively.

I don't mind the fields being vast, but there wasn't a single living thing on them besides trees. If they want the world to feel like a living one, it's just not working for me right now.

I mean, a game like Xenoblade has huge fields, but there's ton of animals and monsters in them, which makes the world feel much more lively.

Did you not see the horses or bokoblins?

Kater

Banned
Code Name STEAM, though.
Looked way more exciting than the early footage of Legend of Zelda. 😪

Downside is, it releases in Europe apparently 2 months later than in North America. By that time most Americans will probably be done with the game and I can only play with my fellow Yurops.

Saturday-morning-when-we-say-goodbye-to-all-of-our-friends.gif

I'm hopeful. I guess it's just a weird thought, having an online-only friend suddenly know me personally. I've always kept a divide between my online life and my real one, not giving out personal info, that kinda thing. So, to me, this is uncharted territory. Fingers crossed.

If I suddenly stop posting, someone should avenge me. My ghost would totes appreciate it. Else I'll haunt all of you.

Good luck! What do you consider personal info? I don't give out my address and such but other then then I'd tell anything to a good online friend.

RM8

That was also an interesting title. Very interesting.

I get very heavy Valkyria Chronicles vibes from that game. Still not sure about the artstyle and overall mood of the game though.

It's Intelligent Systems' (Advance Wars, Fire Emblem) take on XCOM / Valkyria Chronicles. It has no chance of not being awesome :]

Looked way more exciting than the early footage of Legend of Zelda. 😪

Downside is, it releases in Europe apparently 2 months later than in North America. By that time most Americans will probably be done with the game and I can only play with my fellow Yurops.
I'll be playing for a while :p

Well, here goes nothing.

Good luck! What do you consider personal info? I don't give out my address and such but other then then I'd tell anything to a good online friend.
Full name, address, that kinda stuff. Personally identifying info I guess. I only keep people I know personally on social networks.

Golnei

And about that flaunting someone's sexuality - I think straight people are so accustom to this that they simply don't notice it. You see straight pairs hugging and kissing all the time; guys talk about sexy girls, girls about sexy guys; there are erotic magazines like Playboy; ads and all forms of entertainment are sexualized and clearly targeted either to men or women. But they consider this something normal, something that simply is and thus are oblivious that this is nothing else than what they like to call "flaunting". someone's sexuality.

But isn't it obvious that the mere acknowledgement of those orientations is sexual in itself - and that anything aside from cisgendered heterosexuality is a voluntary fetish which people should shut up about in public and stop shoving down the throats of hard-working ordinary people who just want to do normal wholesome things like catcalling underage schoolgirls and sending anonymous rape threats?

I should probably have expected the delay, but it still stings. Discrepancies of over a month should be unacceptable for a first-party title; yet with that and Rainbow Curse, Nintendo only seem to be getting worse. At least they haven't had a SMT4-scale fuckup of their own lately.

Dany

Banned
Meeting an online friend for the first time tomorrow, and I'm nervous. I had it so drilled into my head as a kid to never give out personal details or meet people you know online that, to this day, the thought has always freaked me out. It'll all be in public and I'll make sure someone knows who I'm meeting and where, but it's hard not to feel that learned fear burn inside my mind.

Anyone have some advice, or something to help reassure me that this isn't crazy?

I've only ever done a couple of community meetups, including GAF, and that was hard for similar reasons -- but at least that was a group of people.

Oh once you're talking with them and etc it'll go over well. :) I've met strangers on the internet, on GAF, plenty of times. And I'm still here. :p

Oh once you're talking with them and etc it'll go over well. :) I've met strangers on the internet, on GAF, plenty of times. And I'm still here. :p
Great. I name you as my avenger should I fall. Carry on my legacy for the Giant Bomb threads and making Airplane! references.

Monocle

I am honestly completely over America's Next Top Model after yesterday's season finale where (ACTUAL SPOILER)
Keith McOneFace beat the fabulous and perfect Will Jardell.
Fuck it all. Obvious rigging is obvious. This is the second time in a row that the fiercest contestant got robbed. Tyra, fix your damn rating system and stop shielding your favorites.

Over. It.

Rayis

I am honestly completely over America's Next Top Model after yesterday's season finale where (ACTUAL SPOILER)
Keith McOneFace beat the fabulous and perfect Will Jardell.
Fuck it all. Obvious rigging is obvious. This is the second time in a row that the fiercest contestant got robbed. Tyra, fix your damn rating system and stop shielding your favorites.

Over. It.

woah, America's Next Top Model is still a thing? I stopped watching at like cycle 14 or something, was this season an all-male season?

Also, Allison was robbed in both her cycle and all-stars, F Tyra.

Mr_Zombie

Great. I name you as my avenger should I fall. Carry on my legacy for the Giant Bomb threads and making Airplane! references.

It's not like you two are going to meet in some dark empty alley
(or are you?)
. So you should be safe. ;)

I've been in similar situations before - where I met in person people I previously knew only from message boards or e-mails - and those meetings usually went well (and I'm not really a social guy). With one guy - a fellow RE fan - I spent about three hours just randomly walking through the park talking about RE games, drawing (he liked to draw too), horror movies and music.

If you're afraid, just prepare a backup plan in case you two don't click.

Monocle

woah, America's Next Top Model is still a thing? I stopped watching at like cycle 14 or something, was this season an all-male season?

Also, Allison was robbed in both her cycle and all-stars, F Tyra.
It was the second men vs. women cycle. Cycle 20 was a clusterfuck of obnoxious thirsty-ass children and sob stories (with a couple key exceptions; see Cory and Nina).

Cycle 21 (the latest) was a frustrating series of unjustified eliminations and utterly baffling scores for the half of the cast that worked hard and tried to respect the competition. A heroic effort, since the show clearly didn't respect them.

The thing that really gets me is how
sexist homophobe Denzel got his wish: a so-called "real man" ended up winning the competition over Will.
Ugh, it makes me sick to think about. I know I let myself get a little too invested, but dammit, that outcome is just plain wrong. Clear favoritism on display throughout the cycle. I wanted to be wrong about all the signs, but nope. Even Drag Race with its manipulative editing hasn't felt this rigged.

Alright, this is just about it. Fuckkkkkkkk. Wish me luck.

It's not like you two are going to meet in some dark empty alley
(or are you?)
. So you should be safe. ;)

I've been in similar situations before - where I met in person people I previously knew only from message boards or e-mails - and those meetings usually went well (and I'm not really a social guy). With one guy - a fellow RE fan - I spent about three hours just randomly walking in the park talking about RE games, drawing (he liked to draw too), horror movies and music.

If you're afraid, just prepare a backup plan in case you two don't click.
Cheers for the encouragement.

Caladrius

I have like two places I can still apply to and the job list after that looks dry as hell. Ugh.

Wish my old man would understand that getting a job ain't a magic trick.

At least they haven't had a SMT4-scale fuckup of their own lately.

Well, they were technically partially responsible for that, since they were originally supposed to publish it in that territory.

Kater

Banned
I'll be playing for a while :p
not-fair.gif

I should probably have expected the delay, but it still stings. Discrepancies of over a month should be unacceptable for a first-party title; yet with that and Rainbow Curse, Nintendo only seem to be getting worse. At least they haven't had a SMT4-scale fuckup of their own lately.
Even if it's not as bad as the SMTIV delay, it's still too long. What fills the void in the release schedule for Q1 and early Q2 of 2015 for the 3DS? Majora's Mask probably won't come out before the end of the year either since Nintendo wants to sell a ton of copies on the weeks before Christmas.

Urgh

The dead pixels my computer had magically disappeared last night. What the...

Now how do I deal with the fact that Amazon sent me a replacement and now I have to ship back my (now defect free) laptop to them? I guess I can call Amazon customer service.

Kevyt

OMG That Uncharted Gameplay... *dies*

Edit: The discliamer though: "The following footage is running entirely in realtime on a PlayStation 4 system" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom