• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
They should have ended with Uncharted 4. That's what you should do when you don't have the decency to show a new God of War or The Last Guardian.

Ty4on

The dead pixels my computer had magically disappeared last night. What the...

Now how do I deal with the fact that Amazon sent me a replacement and now I have to ship back my (now defect free) laptop to them? I guess I can call Amazon customer service.
Stuck pixels can 'wake up'. There are animations out there cycling colors to wake them up and you can actually massage some to wake them up (if the laptop doesn't have a solid panel over the display).

Things are going OK. Still working through some awkwardness on my part. But it feels so nice to know the person.

Boy was I worried for nothing lol.

DOWN

Banned
I think the Last Guardian is dead... :(
Sony are idiots if they talked up a game this many times and said to be excited if they killed it. I think they tried to start full production once on PS3 and failed so they internally cancelled that version and then they greenlit a PS4 transition that is only recently in full production. That better be why we've been told to be excited for the reintroduction when it's ready.

At this point they should make it regardless of how niche and non-Western it is and how that will cost them rather than make money. It's a reputation thing now.

OMG That Uncharted Gameplay... *dies*

Edit: The discliamer though: "The following footage is running entirely in realtime on a PlayStation 4 system" lol

I was initially worried about Uncharted 4 after Hennig and the other director left mid-production, but I still think the game will be fantastic. Nate lookin' as hot as ever, too. :p

Kevyt

I was initially worried about Uncharted 4 after Hennig and the other director left mid-production, but I still think the game will be fantastic. Nate lookin' as hot as ever, too. :p

I am surprised Druckmann is the director. Hennig is an amazing writer and her work on Uncharted 2 proves her talent. And yeah, Nate is a Dilf :p

Kater

Banned
I just found this piece of art. Xenomorph Kirby. So cool! 😍

BKQPQtc.jpg

I really hope that someday we get a Smash Bros game with the Xenomorph in it so that I can recreate this in a game.

I am surprised Druckmann is the director. Hennig is an amazing writer and her work on Uncharted 2 proves her talent. And yeah, Nate is a Dilf :p

I'm fine with Druckmann being the writer (I think the Bruce guy is the Director of the game) - he did great on TLOU and he also helped Hennig with Uncharted 2. But yeah, I'm a big fan of Hennig and was sad to see her leave, but I think Uncharted 4 will still be great.

If I've ever had a video game crush, it would easily be Nathan Drake... :x

I really hope that someday we get a Smash Bros game with the Xenomorph in it so that I can recreate this in a game.

That's scary! D:

Caladrius

Need to choose between going to school next month and saving some 1000 dollars or stall for longer so I can withhold on making any student loans for another 7 months.

Closest you're getting is Mewtwo Kirby. Characters that originate in other mediums are strictly off-limits.

Kater

Banned
That's scary! D:
The original Xenomorph is purely scary, this is more in the lines of the Newborn in Alien Resurrection, both scary but also really, really adorable.

Closest you're getting is Mewtwo Kirby. Characters that originate in other mediums are strictly off-limits.
So no Resident Evil characters in Smash either? Lame.

Oh wait, Resi started as a video game series. Right... where do I give up my gamer card?

Caladrius

Sorry to pry, but was this like a date? Or just meeting up with a friend?

Also, hello gays and LQTIALMNOP. I'm new around here.

Welcome!

So no Resident Evil characters in Smash either? Lame.

Well RE was a game series first (unless you're just referring to the characters specific to the films) so they'd technically be eligible. That said it's highly unlikely they'd ever be guests considering how much their skills and universe revolve around guns and gore. (They just barely managed to make a bullet-free moveset for Snake to begin with, and the Metal Gear trophies from Smash Bros. don't even reference the more grim aspects of the Metal gear universe aside from the mechs themselves. Even after all that there was still much complaining that Snake didn't mesh with the rest of the cast.)

Kater

Banned
Well RE was a game series first (unless you're just referring to the characters specific to the films) so they'd technically be eligible. That said it's highly unlikely they'd ever be guests considering how much their skills and universe revolve around guns and gore. (They just barely managed to make a bullet-free moveset for Snake to begin with, and the Metal Gear trophies from Smash Bros. don't even reference the more grim aspects of the Metal gear universe aside from the mechs themselves. Even after all that there was still much complaining that Snake didn't mesh with the rest of the cast.)
That's probably the biggest barrier, that everything has to be accessible to people of all ages in Smash Bros.

Also, hello gays and LQTIALMNOP. I'm new around here.
Hello and welcome, Captcha! Cool nickname, by the way. =)

Captcha

Just meeting up with a friend, but eh. It's more complicated for me, and that's all I feel comfortable saying.

Hm, I see. My original thought was about online dating which I tried for a while and felt very similar to you. I learned quickly that it isn't for me, but your situation doesn't seem quite the same. Good that you had fun, though!

Also, thanks for the welcomes. :-* Always interested in seeing what other gays are up to as I never run into many in the wild. Turns out its Nintendo and pokémon quite often here. Who would have thought?

WonderzL

Banned
Hm, I see. My original thought was about online dating which I tried for a while and felt very similar to you. I learned quickly that it isn't for me, but your situation doesn't seem quite the same. Good that you had fun, though!

Also, thanks for the welcomes. :-* Always interested in seeing what other gays are up to as I never run into many in the wild. Turns out its Nintendo and pokémon quite often here. Who would have thought?

Hi! There is a very big Brazilian Pokémon-fans gay group on Facebook and I'm always impressed by how many gay nerds that I know who play it. Quite a trend, at least here.

Also, I am watching one Disney movie per day through December, and... Is Eric the most handsome classic prince or I'm wrong here? (I know that the Frog's prince is qt but I haven't watched it yet. )

Caladrius

I'm a fan of Chris Redfield, both pre and post steroids. :p

As am I.
I almost got Resident Evil 5 just because of it. >___>

That's probably the biggest barrier, that everything has to be accessible to people of all ages in Smash Bros.

I don't think that's necessarily a problem. A line has to be drawn at a certain point, or else you risk a clash of tone like what happened with PSAS:BR.

The only reason I didn't have a problem with them doing Metal Gear in Brawl was that they emphasized the more tongue-in-cheek aspects of the series and that the premise wasn't overly dark. I would object to it now since Metal Gear has gotten more serious from 4 onward, (with even more blatant political undertones and more intense violence) but back when Snake Eater was the last game I think the tone and aesthetic weren't so far off that they were incompatible with Nintendo's catalog.

Found some cute festive Link fanart.

That is lovely. I like when artists emphasize Link's more androgynous qualities.

Captcha

Hi! There is a very big Brazilian Pokémon-fans gay group on Facebook and I'm always impressed by how many gay nerds that I know who play it. Quite a trend, at least here.

Also, I am watching one Disney movie per day through December, and... Is Eric the most handsome classic prince or I'm wrong here? (I know that the Frog's prince is qt but I haven't watched it yet. )

It seems to be a trend with a lot of gay people; I've noticed it in a few other places as well. I never really got into it, though. The last one I played was...yellow? Lawd, when did that come out?

I am playing Dragon Age Inquisition right now and it's pretty good I think. I would've romanced a lady in that game had she been an option. THAT left me feeling conflicted
not really

Kater

Banned
I don't think that's necessarily a problem. A line has to be drawn at a certain point, or else you risk a clash of tone like what happened with PSAS:BR.

The only reason I didn't have a problem with them doing Metal Gear in Brawl was that they emphasized the more tongue-in-cheek aspects of the series and that the premise wasn't overly dark. I would object to it now since Metal Gear has gotten more serious from 4 onward, (with even more blatant political undertones and more intense violence) but back when Snake Eater was the last game I think the tone and aesthetic weren't so far off that they were incompatible with Nintendo's catalog.
Oh, now I think I'm getting at what you mean. You think it's both the factor that IPs like RE (or Alien) are too grisly and gory and that the whole design of the characters wouldn't fit well together with the more Pixar-esque designs of Nintendo's fighters. Well, I believe you. My suggestion was more in jest anyway. Just something that shot through my brain and I wrote it down here, nothing more.

Caladrius

I think I'm just going to head to school in January if I still can. Short term is a big concern for us right now, and I can't make it any harder on the family.

Oh, now I think I'm getting at what you mean. You think it's both the factor that IPs like RE (or Alien) are too grisly and gory and that the whole design of the characters wouldn't fit well together with the more Pixar-esque designs of Nintendo's fighters. Well, I believe you. My suggestion was more in jest anyway. Just something that shot through my brain and I wrote it down here, nothing more.

Exactly.

It is fun to think about the possibilities, even if they can't happen, so there's never harm in that.

Of course with Brawl mods nearly anything is possible.

Captcha

Ain't nobody surprised. Now Fassbender needs to come out then come over to my house. We will have tea. It'll be lovely.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Went to a Christmas party this evening. Pulled out the ol' suit and vest. Love wearing this whenever I can.

bMj5dNW.jpg

Also, my mirror is a bit dirty. Those spots are distracting.

Ain't nobody surprised. Now Fassbender needs to come out then come over to my house. We will have tea. It'll be lovely.

Worst case of pretending to be straight next to Nathan Lane.

edit: Looking Good Parn

Rapier still sucks :p

I see Gaf finally fixed the save on edit feature

Stuck pixels can 'wake up'. There are animations out there cycling colors to wake them up and you can actually massage some to wake them up (if the laptop doesn't have a solid panel over the display).

They weren't stuck as far as I could tell. More like completely dead. I even tried color cyclers and they didn't work. Even tried applying pressure. Didn't work. Then just last night they kinda vanished and started working.

DOWN

Banned
Taylor Lautner spotted at a gay club

Those with Alpaca fetishes go ham I guess.

For those into him, don't get too excited like I once did. Daniel Craig was spotted around Andy Cohen and a gay club, but that turned out to be nothing except hanging with friends.
I don't think Lautner is attractive.

scarlet

My iMac getting slow, tried to fix it. Apparently disk problem, runs disk utility. Cannot repair disk, have to reinstall everything. No back up. I'm fucked :'(

Kevyt

For those into him, don't get too excited like I once did. Daniel Craig was spotted around Andy Cohen and a gay club, but that turned out to be nothing except hanging with friends.
I don't think Lautner is attractive.

Just found the news story and the origin of that picture. There's this: "It's ridiculous that people grasp on to anything to 'out' someone, especially from the press. It's on the verge of revolting. How many other straight guys were there last night that the media forgot to mention? #justaskin" - someone commented on the picture on Instagram. Apperantly they're just friends, and Lautner is just comfortable around gay people. So ladies, no reason to panic :p

My iMac getting slow, tried to fix it. Apparently disk problem, runs disk utility. Cannot repair disk, have to reinstall everything. No back up. I'm fucked :'(

Damn, that sucks. :( Sorry to hear...

I actually want to reformat my computer pretty soon... I just dread backing everything up. It's always a long process of me sitting there "Do I really need to save this?" x1000.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Thanks for the feedback fellas! Appreciate it.

Hey scarlet, have you tried just reinstalling OSX rather than doing a full wipe? Also, what version are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom