• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captcha

Both. It was, in turns, a deeply meaningful and wonderful time as I got to know the guy in person; and a painful, messy nightmare as I came to a realization about how I felt towards him at the worst, most painful time for me to do so.

Aw, is he straight or something? Get it if not!

Dany

Banned
Both. It was, in turns, a deeply meaningful and wonderful time as I got to know the guy in person; and a painful, messy nightmare as I came to a realization about how I felt towards him at the worst, most painful time for me to do so.
Oh honey it'll be okay :) it'll get easier for you

alvmew

I have two exams left myself. Can't wait to be done!

No, he's very much gay too. But coming to the realization you might care about him as more than just a close friend is, it turns out, painful when having to watch him get physical with someone else.

Those are the crappy ones. Had a similar situation come up a few months ago, but it definitely gets better with time. Hang in there :)

Kater

Banned
But I haven't felt this horny before
The only solution then is to...

tumblr_mzifvm4Qds1smbrsno8_500.gif

I actually punched myself in the dick once just to see what it felt like.

Never again.
OUCH 😡

daripad

Ugh. I got 3 exams this week Daripad. So jealous that you're done for the year. :(

Good luck Absu :) 3 exams and you're done, just give that last effort and kill it.

I know but you know I can take that in two ways LOL

Pervert :p

yaasss enjoy the freedom and download grindr!
don't

Thanks :) I'm already enjoying a bit, but need to do many many things. Do you still play smash from time to time? I wanted to play on Friday but it has been a while since I saw you posting, I thought you were absent or something.

Kevyt

The cake is a lie!

I've actually thought of creating a fake Grindr profile just for science. Actually two, but I need an accomplice. Will ask one of my friends if they're up for it, they'll probably say no. Anyways it's just for science.

Edit: I actually think Grindr would defeat the purpose of the experiment. On second thought something like OKC would be better, but meh... there are many social experiments already done as far as ethnicity and dating that it would be somewhat redundant.

Good luck Absu :) 3 exams and you're done, just give that last effort and kill it.

Pervert :p

Thanks :) I'm already enjoying a bit, but need to do many many things. Do you still play smash from time to time? I wanted to play on Friday but it has been a while since I saw you posting, I thought you were absent or something.
Well, I gave my cousin his 3DS back with my copy smash but I'll ask him to let me borrow it again this week so we can play :D Nah, I've been around but I haven't posted in this thread in a while.

The cake is a lie!

I've actually thought of creating a fake Grindr profile just for science. Actually two, but I need an accomplice. Will ask one of my friends if they're up for it, they'll probably say no. Anyways it's just for science.

Edit: I actually think Grindr would defeat the purpose of the experiment. On second thought something like OKC would be better, but meh... there are many social experiments already done as far as ethnicity and dating that it would be somewhat redundant.
What exactly are you trying to see

Kevyt

What exactly are you trying to see

I'm wondering how "gay" dating compares to "straight" dating, and if the results are comparable (or different) to this:

That's what I'm trying to find. I know some people don't like talking to about race in the gay community, but nonetheless it's an interesting topic. My idea was to have different dating profiles of guys of the same age, similar physical characteristics but from different ethnic backgrounds. It would be interesting to see which ones would get the most responses. I don't think there has been a study done like this in regards to the gay community. Most of the information about ethnicity and dating has been anecdotal, but it would be nice to have more studies that concentrate in a specific group, be it gay man or gay woman.

I'm wondering how "gay" dating compares to "straight" dating, and if the results are comparable (or different) to this:

That's what I'm trying to find. I know some people don't like talking to about race in the gay community, but nonetheless it's an interesting topic. My idea was to have different dating profiles of guys of the same age, similar physical characteristics but from different ethnic backgrounds. It would be interesting to see which ones would get the most responses. I don't think there has been a study done like this in regards to the gay community. Most of the information about ethnicity and dating has been anecdotal, but it would be nice to have more studies that concentrate in a specific group, be it gay man or gay woman.

Someone did that before, mostly creating two profiles where one guys was Asian and the other was white. Guess who got the most messages?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Someone did that before, mostly creating two profiles where one guys was Asian and the other was white. Guess who got the most messages?

The Asian?
I think black guys get LESS than both.

The Asian?
I think black guys get LESS than both.
I get lots of hits from black men and old white guys. And some girls.
I tried switching up the orientation but it boled down to the profile which I left the same which wasn't something people want to see lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I get lots of hits from black men and old white guys. And some girls.

He was talking responses TO, not FROM in your case. :p

And yes, old white guys seem to be the norm. They give no fucks (pun not intended) about race or something, it seems.

Kevyt

I would say the Asian guy? But I feel like it was the white guy most likely. In any case my theory is that while race might not matter so much to some people, there is still a slight favoritism or preference towards Caucasian guys. Again these are just my assumptions. There is considerable data that supports this, but only to a certain extent. Race and gender issues are interesting to me, and I'm curious as to what makes us like the kind of guys that we like, and why.

DOWN

Banned
I would say the Asian guy? But I feel like it was the white guy most likely. In any case my theory is that while race might not matter so much to some people, there is still a slight favoritism or preference towards Caucasian guys. Again these are just my assumptions. There is considerable data that supports this, but only to a certain extent. Race and gender issues are interesting to me, and I'm curious as to what makes us like the kind of guys that we like, and why.

Congrats. OkCupid already measures this stuff. http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-race-affects-whether-people-write-you-back/

Scroll down for gays and ignore their broken links to the gay info because they just ended up adding it to the original article at the end

Reply-Gay-Male.png

Reply-Gay-Female.png

But they do note they have low sample numbers for some groups like lesbian women who are Indian, etc.

Kevyt

Congrats. OkCupid already measures this stuff. http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-race-affects-whether-people-write-you-back/

Scroll down for gays and ignore their broken links to the gay info because they just ended up adding it to the original article at the end

Reply-Gay-Male.png

Reply-Gay-Female.png

But they do note they have low sample numbers for some groups like lesbian women who are Indian, etc.

Interesting article and data, but it's from 2009. Nonetheless, I never knew that OKC did this, thanks for sharing! According to the data, Middle Eastern guys are killing it! Good for them :p

Ties

Banned

Reply-Gay-Male.png

Reply-Gay-Female.png

i guess being mistaken as middle eastern is a good thing i guess?

lesbians being better with diversifying their dating habits does not shock me at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom