• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. F

Banned
Because this is now "post hot guys":

250px-Heatmiser74year.png

...sorry.

........seasonally appropriate.

Kevyt

Let's make this thread more inclusive. Let's post pictures and gifs of hot girls for our bisexual, lesbian and straight comrades. Who's with me? :D

Mr_Zombie

Ya don't need one. That's my suggestion.

Rucksack or briefcase. Harsh words: Messenger bag looks like one of those trends that people think is elevated style but they forget that it's too low for James Bond and Don Draper and thus should be too low for all of us.

Eh, I disagree. Messenger bags are simply more practical in some situations, especially if you only want to carry few small things (I don't need a whole backpack on my back for one book or a bunch of papers) or when you travel via public transport in rush hours (messenger bag takes a lot less space and is easier to reach).

And briefcase... I don't think I will ever use one. Yes, it is classy and all, but sacrificing one hand (to hold the briefcase) for "elegance"? Nope, I prefer functionality over look.

I was going to buy Coming Out on Top, but then it happened... The Steam Winter Sale happened. I ended up buying Injustice Gods Among Us and MGS: Ground Zeroes. There goes my CooT money.

Same here. I already bough MG Rising and I'm now waiting for daily deals for a bunch of other games (mainly the new Binding of the Isaac, Blackwell Epiphany and TWD Season 2). Then there's REmake in January and RE Revelations 2 in February. Sorry CooT, but there are priorities.

As for steam, I don't understand how you can have games like Manhunt and Hatred, and refused to have games with explicit sexual content like CooT. It makes no sense.

I think Obscurasoft should try talking with GOG. They seem to be more lenient for such things. Sure, there are no games with such sexual content as CooT, but GOG still has no problems with Leisure Suit Larry series (while cartoony, the series still has a lot of fully naked women, men, penises, vaginas and sex scenes - not to mention, the whole premise of those games is to bang as many hot girls as possible while looking for the "true love"), Phantasmagoria games (IIRC both games have rape scenes) or Harvester (implied child molestation).

And I too find it ridiculous that brutality in games (no matter how realistic it is) is completely fine, but sex scenes or visible genitals are a big no-no. American values are really weird.

Dragon Quest helps you through tough times in life? :p

Crayons is correct, I meant Depression Quest.

Can it really help you through tough times in life? The game has some nice ideas (I loved how very often the most logical options were greyed out), but it felt too gamey to me. At one point it was super obvious what the game wanted me to choose to get the happy ending. Though maybe that was the point - to show exactly how a person with depression can and should be helped.

Kevyt

Eh, I disagree. Messenger bags are simply more practical in some situations, especially if you only want to carry few small things (I don't need a whole backpack on my back for one book or a bunch of papers) or when you travel via public transport in rush hours (messenger bag takes a lot less space and is easier to reach).

And briefcase... I don't think I will ever use one. Yes, it is classy and all, but sacrificing one hand (to hold the briefcase) for "elegance"? Nope, I prefer functionality over look.

Same here. I already bough MG Rising and I'm now waiting for daily deals for a bunch of other games (mainly the new Binding of the Isaac, Blackwell Epiphany and TWD Season 2). Then there's REmake in January and RE Revelations 2 in February. Sorry CooT, but there are priorities.

I think Obscurasoft should try talking with GOG. They seem to be more lenient for such things. Sure, there are no games with such sexual content as CooT, but GOG still has no problems with Leisure Suit Larry series (while cartoony, the series still has a lot of fully naked women, men, penises, vaginas and sex scenes - not to mention, the whole premise of those games is to bang as many hot girls as possible while looking for the "true love"), Phantasmagoria games (IIRC both games have rape scenes) or Harvester (implied child molestation).

And I too find it ridiculous that brutality in games (no matter how realistic it is) is completely fine, but sex scenes or visible genitals are a big no-no. American values are really weird.

Can it really help you through tough times in life? The game has some nice ideas (I loved how very often the most logical options were greyed out), but it felt too gamey to me. At one point it was super obvious what the game wanted me to choose to get the happy ending. Though maybe that was the point - to show exactly how a person with depression can and should be helped.

I think this should be brought to the attention of game journalists and Obscurasoft for the sake of change in those archaic policies. Murder simulators are okay, but sex is not okay? Does not compute... Valve has a massive market share when it comes to digital game distribution. If obscurasoft could bring its game to steam, it would be much more commercially successful. There would be more games like it, and in my opinion that's a great thing. I read many games sites like IGN, EG, Game Informer, and Polygon to name a few. I'm constantly checking steam for new releases and deals and if it wasn't for Neogaf, and Hours Left specifically, I would have never known that Coming Out on Top even existed. Or who Obscura is. It irks me that we are so scared of sexual content in video games but we are completely fine of shooting someone in the face or knifing someone to death, and we even encourage it.

/rant over.

Kater

Banned
250px-Heatmiser74year.png

...sorry.

........seasonally appropriate.
What's that from, the picture I mean?

I need an array of pictures to choose from tbh, but buff begins probably earlier than for most people.
That's always subjective. So what do you think of guys like Bruce Lee, is he buff or lean for you?

It is a very simple game, obviously, since it isn't written by someone who has studited mental disorders but as Zoe Quinn is someone who was directly affected by depression I think it is fairly accurate in most parts.

I hope no GG people stumble in here now that I've mentioned her.

Any excuse to post this jif:
ZHheQXQ.gif

Henry Simmons <3

I think it's better (and more fun!) to focus on what you do like, rather than dwell on what you don't.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think Grakl's talking about musculature rather than muscle mass.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
For a lot of people, "buff" means not only muscle-y, but big as well, usually from oversized muscles. So Bruce Lee wouldn't be "buff" by their definition. He is more commonly described as "lean" or "wiry".

Grakl

For a lot of people, "buff" means not only muscle-y, but big as well, usually from oversized muscles. So Bruce Lee wouldn't be "buff" by their definition. He is more commonly described as "lean" or "wiry".
Oh, well then yep you be right

Kater

Banned
I spose, figured that was lean! I prefer chubby over the other stuff, though.

Here, this is what I think is lean:
The standard teen around here (where I live, anyway) teen / young adult then. I like that too.

Apropos Asian guys, I had one once as a kinda bf and the cutlural difference is like from going to hot to cold water, quite shocking. His parents were into some sort of Zen buddhism and it was completely new (and confusting) to me even though I know some of the basics of meditations.

Grakl

The standard teen around here (where I live, anyway) teen / young adult then. I like that too.

Apropos Asian guys, I had one once as a kinda bf and the cutlural difference is like from going to hot to cold water, quite shocking. His parents were into some sort of Zen buddhism and it was completely new (and confusting) to me even though I know some of the basics of meditations.
I mean, it's my body type, so I'm not surprised I prefer it over buff types. I just don't like muscles period, though. Lucario's body type is different from mine, but I think his is perfect, hah.

Kater

Banned
I mean, it's my body type, so I'm not surprised I prefer it over buff types. I just don't like muscles period, though. Lucario's body type is different from mine, but I think his is perfect, hah.
Well, I'm just glad you find your perfect fit with Lucario then. :)

Kevyt

i wish men had breasts tbh

We do have breasts, just not as big as woman's. Though some men can have large breasts. We can also lactate too.

Men and women are equally beautiful I think.

Indeed, I'm just biased.

It's OK to be wrong. But seriously, men can be as beautiful and graceful as women. Just depends on the guy.

Any time draggy. :>

True. As I said, it's just my opinion. :p

Men are perfect.

Like, come cum at me bro.

Fixed, :p and of course, men are pefect. Some more than others.

Sorry, I couldn't resist... ^.^

The only thing that could change is that they could lose their pants. Just imagine every guy walking through the streets without pants.

My lips are almost bleeding from all the biting.

That's Tom Daley right? I love that gif. He looks so sexy biting his lip.

Anyone else a Drag Me to Hell fan? I'm watching the bluray and it only gets better with each viewing. Alison Lohman is so endearing but also quite comedic. There's so much of Raimi's Evil Dead is in this film but much more sophisticated. Justin Long is in it but the movie isn't without problems.

Dany

Banned
Anyone else a Drag Me to Hell fan? I'm watching the bluray and it only gets better with each viewing. Alison Lohman is so endearing but also quite comedic. There's so much of Raimi's Evil Dead is in this film but much more sophisticated. Justin Long is in it but the movie isn't without problems.

Oh yeah, I absolutely love this movie. Need to see it soon now that I think about it.

No argument here. <3

I'm drunk so I'm opinionated and unapologetic.

Not drunk yet, need to get there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom