• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Ariel Ben Attar

IMG_6469&

10494584_10152176520721604_4869510564735413526_n.jpg

tumblr_nfnxykmyAE1tlsn4fo1_500.jpg

6Xos73I.jpg

Delio

On the otherside of the spectrum I've been following Hatfilms recently ( cause i love Yogscast) and goodness Ross and Trott are adorable <3

256x400xRoss.jpg.pagespeed.ic.uSdCptwsgT.jpg

tumblr_mvnhmgJx8K1rso48lo2_r1_500.gif

Also Twinky guy I like Bastian Hart!
tumblr_nehn60ts0y1slmby7o1_1280.jpg

HylianTom

Banned
Playing Skyrim right now and apparently my job is to get into a party without getting fingered.
I'm playing catch-up with this thread, and know immediately where you are. Right around the corner from my favorite house, in my favorite city. Oh yes.. all those glass display cases..
(Wait..nope.. Thinking of my favorite town in Oblivion. So there's a party in Skyrim, too, eh?)

I'm playing catch-up with this thread, and know immediately where you are. Right around the corner from my favorite house, in my favorite city. Oh yes.. all those glass display cases..
(Wait..nope.. Thinking of my favorite town in Oblivion. So there's a party in Skyrim, too, eh?)

Lol yeah. During the main questline. In Solitude, in the winking skeever (sounds dirty already), there's an wood elf that takes your equipment so you can smuggle it in to a party and if you walk by him after he takes your things he says "Remember, you have get into the party without getting fingered
as a spy
."

HylianTom

Banned
Lol yeah. During the main questline. In Solitude, in the winking skeever (sounds dirty already), there's an wood elf that takes your equipment so you can smuggle it in to a party and if you walk by him after he takes your things he says "Remember, you have get into the party without getting fingered
as a spy
."

I really, really need to play Skyrim.

Just had a brand new PC built a few months ago, and the entire Elder Scrolls series was the first gaming software I installed. Now the icons sit there at the bottom of the screen, taunting me..

DOWN

Banned
I want to play more Skyrim because I bought the DLC and never played but then I saw my friend's mod configuration and I can't got over how pretty it is on PC. I have it on 360 and would sure appreciate a remaster for PS4.

as a spy
."

Getting out without getting fingered is a lot harder.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Does anybody watch Celebrity Apprentice? The OT is quite literally a ghost town. Kenya was on fire tonight "These bitches are dumber than rocks" &#128514;&#128514;&#128514;

I'm rooting for Vivica a Fox (Vernita Green from Kill Bill <3)

So i picked up a PS4 today! QueenDelio is the ID if anyone wants to add me.

I'd love to add you but tbh I refuse to pay for Sony's shoddy online service when:

A. It was free (and more stable!) on PS3
B. Nintendo's online is still free

BTW where's terrisus? :(

Mumei

Unfortunately the statistics segment of what I've done is minimal at best and makes a huge number of assumptions and approximations so I really couldn't do much actual mathematical analysis given that they're not using such simple methods it seems, and I'm pretty sure the previous post was limited to simple random sampling. The information they provide on how their sample was selected is minimal. It is possible that the introduction of the incentive would create a bias (it may create a higher probability that those struggling in their course would be more likely to respond than those doing very well) but whether or not this was accounted for I cannot really say. I'll be able to get back to you in thirteen weeks on how useful the study is but I've a suspicion that's too long, so somebody who has done statistics at university level already would be better able to respond really.

EDIT: The main point I was trying to make was that a sample size of 73 out of a huge population isn't inherently too small, only that how meaningful it is depends on what you want your margin of error to be.

You're overthinking... I think. My point there was simply that we don't know how the sample was chosen, so we don't know that the sample is representative. If I told you that a survey had 5,400 response from gay men and women that informed you about our sex lives, at face value that could have a very high confidence interval, given that polling the entire voting population often uses less than a thousand. But if I then told you that these responses came from subscribers to Blueboy, that they received those 5,400 responses out of an estimated half million surveys, you'd say that you could have no confidence in that survey's veracity because of the way they got their sample doesn't allow for us to extrapolate further.***

So, similarly, perhaps this study got its respondents by putting a notice on a board in a couple of the buildings, or by asking students in particular classes, or ... anything. But it's possible that their sample isn't something you can extrapolate to get the information about the larger population. Or maybe it is. I don't know (yet), but maybe the study is less valuable in for telling us that X% of men say that they would force a woman to have sex and a smaller but still substantial % of men say they would rape a woman, but more for qualitative information as in the abstract:

Results indicated that participants can be differentiated into three groups based on scores from scales on hypermasculinity and hostility toward women. High hostility toward woman and callous sexual attitudes separated the no intentions group from those who endorsed either intentions to rape or those who endorses only the behavioral description of rape. The two types of offender groups were distinguishable mostly by varying levels of hostility, suggesting that men who endorse using force to obtain intercourse on survey items but deny rape on the same may not experience hostile affect in response to women, but might have dispositions more in line with benevolent sexism.

Which is itself valuable, of course!

DOWN

Banned
Does anybody watch Celebrity Apprentice? The OT is quite literally a ghost town. Kenya was on fire tonight "These bitches are dumber than rocks" &#128514;&#128514;&#128514;

I'd love to add you but tbh I refuse to pay for Sony's shoddy online service when:

A. It was free (and more stable!) on PS3
B. Nintendo's online is still free

BTW where's terrisus? :(
I watch but haven't started this season yet

And I've been wondering where Terri is too

Odinson

I watched tonight. Kenya had a good point but nobody wanted to listen to her. I'm over that Beverley hills housewife. She definitely brought in the wrong people to the board room.

I also felt bad for Ian. He wanted to win and beat Geraldo so bad.

Pulling for Vivca or Ian at this point.

DOWN

Banned
Not really. It's just my PSN/XBL/Steam/Whatever tag that I use almost everywhere. The weirdest thing was finding it taken when I went to set up a Nintendo Network
I can't get mine unified because PSN is a monster that doesn't allow name changes

Plus my gamertag is John Marston and that's hard to give up

Meicyn

Gold Member
That reminds me, I still need to play through Red Dead Redemption. I have way too many games and too much schoolwork/Neogafing getting in the way.

I'll probably play it next once I finish Shadows of Mordor this coming weekend when I get some gaming free time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom