• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aw thank you HH =)

Is anyone here a big Instagram user? I don't understand how some friends of mine have thousands of followers without really doing anything overly ambitious with their accounts. Is there some kind of hidden exchange at work that I'm not aware of? Something with hashtags I bet. lol

DOWN

Banned
6e4GyvCEWINsQ.gif

Aw thank you HH =)

Is anyone here a big Instagram user? I don't understand how some friends of mine have thousands of followers without really doing anything overly ambitious with their accounts. Is there some kind of hidden exchange at work that I'm not aware of? Something with hashtags I bet. lol
Are they hot?

Kevyt

Aw thank you HH =)

Hmmm... do you have an instagram?

HylianTom

Banned
I think Dolly Parton did, her or Elvira
Sounds correct to me!

Fun fact: the song "Elvira" was the first record I ever owned; I played it on my Dukes of Hazzard record player. Giddy-up!
(I just realized: that was an incredibly Southern sentence..)

Wait.. is she pissed for the reason I think she's pissed?
(i.e., she didn't realize he was gay?)

{and those blue bunnies always freaked me out..}

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammary_gland#Evolution
The evolution of the mammary gland is difficult to explain; this is because mammary glands are typically required by mammals to feed their young. There are many theories on how mammary glands evolved, for example, it is believed that the mammary gland is a transformed sweat gland, more closely related to apocrine sweat glands.[37] Since mammary glands do not fossilize well, supporting such theories with fossil evidence is difficult. Many of the current theories are based on comparisons between lines of living mammals – monotremes, marsupials and eutherians. One theory proposes that mammary glands evolved from glands that were used to keep the eggs of early mammals moist[38][39] and free from infection[40][41] (monotremes still lay eggs). Other theories suggest that early secretions were used directly by hatched young,[42] or that the secretions were used by young to help them orient to their mothers.[43]

brb moistening eggs.

HylianTom

Banned
Okay, so the new NFL story is supposedly going to be that the Patriots deflated some of the footballs used during their game against the Colts yesterday.

I want to make a ball-draining joke so very badly. Especially with that receiving corps..

DOWN

Banned
I'm not a huge fan, but Lady Gaga has a great voice, she was the first person to make music videos a regularly big interest online following the dead interest for them on TV, and radio was pretty awesome around her release of Born This Way. Bad Romance was a cool and unusual song for the pop charts.

CF5Xkxt.gif

I'm not a huge fan, but Lady Gaga has a great voice, she was the first person to make music videos a regularly big interest online following the dead interest for them on TV, and radio was pretty awesome around her release of Born This Way. Bad Romance was a cool and unusual song for the pop charts.

CF5Xkxt.gif

I think she's the shit. Can't wait for whatever she puts out next.

SS is the worst 3d zelda by a significant margin, so gird your loins when the time comes

That seems to be a common notion here on GAF. Is it all stemming from waggle controls and no open world? Cause, eh, don't really mind either of those things.

CF5Xkxt.gif

I think she's the shit. Can't wait for whatever she puts out next.

Honestly I feel like ARTPOP got a raw deal cause of messy single picking (and canceling) not to mention shelved music videos, twitter meltdowns, etc. There are some really solid pop tracks on it.

I await Zelda U featuring blowing as a control method. By which I mean you blow at the controller to do some things as with Tearaway and Super Mario 3D World.

I don't know why I get lazy and stop doing my workouts. I'm just starting to get back into it, and you feel so good after really working up a sweat.

I wish I had someone to (lovingly) yell at me when I get lazy.

DOWN

Banned
Ugh my heart is racing really fast because two of my roommates who are always hooking up with girls and trying to get them drunk just brought one over and played some drinking games with her.

but then one of them went down the hall near my room and I heard the other guy and the girl laughing at first back out in the living room. but then she started saying stop and i couldn't tell if it was drinking game stop or not, so I got up and listened at my door and she said it like 5 more times without the guy saying anything and if I could hear her, the other two guys did obviously.

so i'm a bit anxious in social settings and am always basically hiding in my room when people are over. so I was thinking about an excuse to go out there to make sure that this was a drinking game thing hopefully she was just annoyed by, so I grabbed something I could pretend to just need to microwave out in that area.

but I heard her say she was leaving before i found something to use for the excuse. so the one causing problems came down the hall and said all he did was kiss her and she left (but she obviously had to stop him a ton of times if that's what she was saying stop to).

So then the guy who was down in his room said he heard it and if a girl says stop you just drop it because she's not into it. but the other starts making excuses like saying she was here late and flirting. they keep going on and on between bro talk about her and how she could've wanted it vs. the one who wasn't in the room saying he probably should have came in there to say something because now he feels bad that my other roommate wasn't stopping.

And now they just said she is 18 (these guys are 22) and that they spiked her drink (I don't know what they put in it but they were calling her stupid for not knowing).

I already thought they were awful guys because the seemingly wiser one in this situation locked out a girl he had over, standing exposed in our hallway with just her bra after they had sex and she didn't know he would lock her out. At the time I heard her knocking on his door, I assumed maybe he fell asleep but I didn't see her or meet her yet, so when she knocked on my door I was kind of shocked and I asked if she needed to use my phone or something.

She went to a different room to use it and while I was waiting in my doorway, the guy opens his door a little and says 'thanks man' as if I wanted a girl to be left without her stuff in the middle of the night, exposed without even all her underwear, among a bunch of men she doesn't know and she wouldn't know I'm gay. Like I would help him try and ditch his hookup in such a shitty way.

They just have a history of talking shit about girls and scheming to get them drunk and ways to cheat in class.

So now what?

I don't know why I get lazy and stop doing my workouts. I'm just starting to get back into it, and you feel so good after really working up a sweat.

I wish I had someone to (lovingly) yell at me when I get lazy.

OMG don't stahp!

One of the most important part of working out is consistency. It makes all the difference if you keep going regularly.

Ugh my heart is racing really fast because two of my roommates who are always hooking up with girls and trying to get them drunk just brought one over and played some drinking games with her.

but then one of them went down the hall near my room and I heard the other guy and the girl laughing at first back out in the living room. but then she started saying stop and i couldn't tell if it was drinking game stop or not, so I got up and listened at my door and she said it like 5 more times without the guy saying anything and if I could hear her, the other two guys did obviously.

so i'm a bit anxious in social settings and am always basically hiding in my room when people are over. so I was thinking about an excuse to go out there to make sure that this was a drinking game thing hopefully she was just annoyed by, so I grabbed something I could pretend to just need to microwave out in that area.

but I heard her say she was leaving before i found something to use for the excuse. so the one causing problems came down the hall and said all he did was kiss her and she left (but she obviously had to stop him a ton of times if that's what she was saying stop to).

So then the guy who was down in his room said he heard it and if a girl says stop you just drop it because she's not into it. but the other starts making excuses like saying she was here late and flirting. they keep going on and on between bro talk about her and how she could've wanted it vs. the one who wasn't in the room saying he probably should have came in there to say something because now he feels bad that my other roommate wasn't stopping.

And now they just said she is 18 (these guys are 22) and that they spiked her drink (I don't know what they put in it but they were calling her stupid for not knowing).

I already thought they were awful guys because the seemingly wiser one in this situation locked out a girl he had over, standing exposed in our hallway with just her bra after they had sex and she didn't know he would lock her out. At the time I heard her knocking on his door, I assumed maybe he fell asleep but I didn't see her or meet her yet, so when she knocked on my door I was kind of shocked and I asked if she needed to use my phone or something.

She went to a different room to use it and while I was waiting in my doorway, the guy opens his door a little and says 'thanks man' as if I wanted a girl to be left without her stuff in the middle of the night, exposed without even all her underwear, among a bunch of men she doesn't know and she wouldn't know I'm gay. Like I would help him try and ditch his hookup in such a shitty way.

They just have a history of talking shit about girls and scheming to get them drunk and ways to cheat in class.

So now what?

Wait so at the end, the girl managed to leave? If so, as awful as it was, at least it resolved itself. :S

Goddamn though, your roommates sound like winners. Do you have to deal with this often?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That seems to be a common notion here on GAF. Is it all stemming from waggle controls and no open world? Cause, eh, don't really mind either of those things.

The fairy partner is the worst in the series thus far - every two seconds it's "Hey listen! Here's a mind numbingly obvious fact that anyone with two eyes and a functioning brain could figure out!" And there's no way to shut it off.

The game takes way the fuck too long to get going. The tutorial section where you run around the big but sparse hub, talking to and doing banal favors for the lame npcs just goes on and on and on and on.

The characters suck. Holy shit, do they suck. There's no charm to them like in the older Zeldas. They're lifeless and poorly written.

The overworld is way too big, way too empty, and takes too long to cross. (made all the worse by the fact that you have to go back and forth and back and forth over and over again - at least the ocean in Wind Waker was cool to look at and felt like the real ocean)

The elegant simplicity of (most of) the previous game's inventory systems has been eschewed in favor of an overly complex system that requires tons of backtracking (on top of the backtracking you already have to do as part of the story).

The story is dumb. Either try to make a compelling storyline or don't - no more of this half assed regurgitated nonsense please.

The game is also extremely easy and you'll only die due to glitches or the awful controls failing you at the worst possible time.

DOWN

Banned
Wait so at the end, the girl managed to leave? If so, as awful as it was, at least it resolved itself. :S

Goddamn though, your roommates sound like winners. Do you have to deal with this often?

So now I don't even want to talk to them and they won't know why because they think the doors are soundproof. And I don't think it's resolved because they debated whether or not they should apologize to her and seemed to have come to the conclusion to 'let her cool off' and that she was 'unclear' and they were all drinking. If they came to the conclusion that they shouldn't apologize and she was unclear, that sounds like trash to me. They don't even sound drunk and they obviously were making her more drunk than them.

They went right back to talking about other girls after. I don't want underage drinking in here, and I really don't want spiked drinks for girls they want to 'persuade.'

And yeah, they talk nonstop in vindictive or objectifying ways about girls. That's the only subject they discuss about 98% of the time.

So now what?
god those guys sound like total pieces of shit
fuck

The fairy partner is the worst in the series thus far - every two seconds it's "Hey listen! Here's a mind numbingly obvious fact that anyone with two eyes and a functioning brain could figure out!" And there's no way to shut it off.

The game takes way the fuck too long to get going. The tutorial section where you run around the big but sparse hub, talking to and doing banal favors for the lame npcs just goes on and on and on and on.

The characters suck. Holy shit, do they suck. There's no charm to them like in the older Zeldas. They're lifeless and poorly written.

The overworld is way too big, way too empty, and takes too long to cross. (made all the worse by the fact that you have to go back and forth and back and forth over and over again - at least the ocean in Wind Waker was cool to look at and felt like the real ocean)

The elegant simplicity of (most of) the previous game's inventory systems has been eschewed in favor of an overly complex system that requires tons of backtracking (on top of the backtracking you already have to do as part of the story).

The story is dumb. Either try to make a compelling storyline or don't - no more of this half assed regurgitated nonsense please.

The game is also extremely easy and you'll only die due to glitches or the awful controls failing you at the worst possible time.

Dayum that's rough. Backtracking especially is a huge pet peeve for me. Too bad too cause visually it looks so charming and vibrant. Still gonna go in with an open mind, but definitely holding expectation low after everything you mentioned.

So now I don't even want to talk to them and they won't know why because they think the doors are soundproof. And I don't think it's resolved because they debated whether or not they should apologize to her and seemed to have come to the conclusion to 'let her cool off' and that she was 'unclear' and they were all drinking. If they came to the conclusion that they shouldn't apologize and she was unclear, that sounds like trash to me. They don't even sound drunk and they obviously were making her more drunk than them.

They went right back to talking about other girls after. I don't want underage drinking in here, and I really don't want spiked drinks for girls they want to 'persuade.'

And yeah, they talk nonstop in vindictive or objectifying ways about girls. That's the only subject they discuss about 98% of the time.

Well...unless they run into this girl regularly, I don't even think they'll need to worry about apologizing cause she'll probably never wanna interact with them again. (Which is probably for the better.) And yeah, they sound like scumbags. How long are you stuck living with these dreamboats?

That's awful.

Is it possible to move to another place? Or are you stuck there?

DOWN

Banned
Is it possible to move to another place? Or are you stuck there?

Well...unless they run into this girl regularly, I don't even think they'll need to worry about apologizing cause she'll probably never wanna interact with them again. (Which is probably for the better.) And yeah, they sound like scumbags. How long are you stuck living with these dreamboats?

I'm with them through April. I'm not all that worried about me since I can stay in my room mostly.

I'm more stressed about them spiking more freshman girls drinks when they are alone here. That's pretty awful and risky. I knew they'd said they wanted girls to get drunk here before, but I didn't know they were picking up freshmen who shouldn't be drinking in our housing and then putting other stuff in their drinks.

And one of them doesn't flush the toilet when he pees and I don't know how to ask an adult to flush.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Dayum that's rough. Backtracking especially is a huge pet peeve for me. Too bad too cause visually it looks so charming and vibrant. Still gonna go in with an open mind, but definitely holding expectation low after everything you mentioned.

I mean, it's still worth playing, but you sure do have to sift through a lot of shit to get at the good parts. And yeah the graphics are very pretty, for sure.

And one of them doesn't flush the toilet when he pees and I don't know how to ask an adult to flush.

if its yellow let it mellow

if its brown flush it down

DOWN

Banned
if its yellow let it mellow

if its brown flush it down
that's fine
not really
if that's your policy with people you know, but this is the first person I've been around who does this and we don't know each other so I wish he wouldn't assume that I don't mind his spit and urine waiting for me. and the housekeeping woman who sighs and flushes our toilet first thing each time she comes and then proceeds to sweeping the hall doesn't like it either i bet.

plus, what's the point? it isn't to save water because these guys run the shower for 10-20 minutes while they walk around and text and get distracted, claiming they needed it to warm up even though it only takes less than 2 minutes to warm up. I do at least have the nerve to shut off the showers if i am tired of feeling steam in the huge hallway.

I'm with them through April. I'm not all that worried about me since I can stay in my room mostly.

I'm more stressed about them spiking more freshman girls drinks when they are alone here. That's pretty awful and risky. I knew they'd said they wanted girls to get drunk here before, but I didn't know they were picking up freshmen who shouldn't be drinking in our housing and then putting other stuff in their drinks.

Yeah...that's a shit situation. You can let 'em know up front that you're not cool with underage drinking/creeping on drunk girls in the house, but you're probably gonna end up dealing ongoing conflict from them. Same with if you notify authorities.

This whole thing just reminds me of that Campus PD show reruns on G4. (Damn that channel went from something great to dying a super slow, painful death.)

Anyway, I'd engage with them as little as possible since they sound like turdbags, but it seems like you're already doing that. Outside of that, weigh your options: Which of the following two sound like the lesser evil? Openly antagonizing them and dealing with that, or just avoiding them but knowing you might have to get involved at some point if they get too rapey with someone? :/

This is probably useless advice, I know. (-_-)

EDIT:

I promise I'm not gonna keep spamming my shiza here every time I put a video up, but this is my 2nd cover and I'm still getting a feel for it. Like last time, if I may, I'd like to be a feedback hoebag again.

DOWN

Banned
Yeah...that's a shit situation. You can let 'em know up front that you're not cool with underage drinking/creeping on drunk girls in the house, but you're probably gonna end up dealing ongoing conflict from them. Same with if you notify authorities.

This whole thing just reminds me of that Campus PD show reruns on G4. (Damn that channel went from something great to dying a super slow, painful death.)

Anyway, I'd engage with them as little as possible since they sound like turdbags, but it seems like you're already doing that. Outside of that, weigh your options: Which of the following two sound like the lesser evil? Openly antagonizing them and dealing with that, or just avoiding them but knowing you might have to get involved at some point if they get too rapey with someone? :/

This is probably useless advice, I know. (-_-)

EDIT:

I promise I'm not gonna keep spamming my shiza here every time I put a video up, but this is my 2nd cover and I'm still getting a feel for it. Like last time, if I may, I'd like to be a feedback hoebag again.
I don't think I've got the stomach to do anything about it right now, but I know to go out there sooner if they sound suspicious next time. Thanks for reading all that.

And keep posting covers. That's one of my favorite songs. This is the first time I've heard it outside me listening to it since I assumed it wasn't well known. Really nice voice you have.

i keep forgetting the #1 rule of lgbt movies there's only a 10% chance of a happy ending. then you get the curveball neutral endings

The last one i watched (Free Fall) ended
with the guy finally being found out by his live-in girlfriend. Just before that the guy breaks it off with his cop boyfriend saying he cant abandon his baby and girlfriend. After his girlfriend leaves with his son, the guy goes to his boyfriends apartment in a panic...but hes moved. So hes free from his lie but the guy he loved is gone.

DOWN

Banned
I saw one called Shelter and it starred two straight guys talking like surfers kinda. And I've seen Brokeback Mountain, Milk, and Behind the Candelabra. Not sure what else. But most have had darker endings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom