• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah you're the first person I've ever met who genuinely enjoys Pitbull haha

Anaconda? What a shit song :(

Pills N Potions was nice though

Aww, I like Anaconda. But then again I didn't think Baby got Back was a bad song so that must be it.

I agree on Pills n Potions though.

Liking Pitbull is the equivalent of liking Idolm@ster songs in the animu world. Ugh

maxcriden

Ha! That's another good one! Money On My Mind too!

Listening to this now. Cool song, I really dig it. Thanks for the recommendation!

BTW, as you know I really like Team by Lorde. I was looking at the lyrics today though and I noticed I had kind of completely misunderstood the lyrics before. I thought where she sings "livin' in ruins" she was actually saying "their skin in ruins," and was...singing about a leper colony or something. I thought the song was super progressive or something!

VegiHam

HHHHNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG <3 <3

&#128525;&#128525;&#128525; so much cuteness ;)

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
marry me

Run, discordian. i'll hose these ponies down.

LeUdsPg.jpg

Listening to this now. Cool song, I really dig it. Thanks for the recommendation!

BTW, as you know I really like Team by Lorde. I was looking at the lyrics today though and I noticed I had kind of completely misunderstood the lyrics before. I thought where she sings "livin' in ruins" she was actually saying "their skin in ruins," and was...singing about a leper colony or something. I thought the song was super progressive or something!
I love Team as well. Lorde is a great artist.
Huh? His stuff sells well, so I assumed he must be fairly well aproved...

Anybody who doesn't sing along with 'In Romania, she pulled me to the side and said "Pit, you can have me and my sister"' clearly has no sense of cheesy fun :p
Pitbull is fun to listen to because he has tons of energy and passion and stuff.
But I don't think he's a great artist.

VegiHam

I'm spanish. I can't like Pitbull. :3

In fact, native Spanish speakers shouldn't like Pitbull. Well, at least people from Spain.
Oooh. See, I don't speak a word of it; we learned French and German at my school, so I don't know what he's doing wrong. :p
Pitbull is fun to listen to because he has tons of energy and passion and stuff.
But I don't think he's a great artist.
Yep. This is correct. He's like the Pizza Hut of music. Fun and easy and not to taxing to listen to; but not actually of any high quality. You know what you're getting and it does a great job of being what it is.

fuck you're so good looking Discordian hnng

edit:
Sweet! Can you recommend any of her other songs? I *really* don't like Royals!
I know you didn't ask me but I love Lorde and I think you should listen to Tennis Court, Ribs, Buzzcut Season, Team, White Teeth Teens, Bravado, The Love Club, and Biting Down.
also her cover of Everybody Wants To Rule The World.

This one looks really different! If I didn't know I would have said these were two different people. Beards completely change your face. I always wonder about leaving mine but it gets so itchy... and is kind of patchy.
Haha yeah it freaks my coworkers out when I am clean shaven. They tell me I look way younger. I am Portuguese so I can pretty much grow a beard in a day. I like it though. Its my "I wanna look younger in 5 minutes" card :)

Woah that's... something else. I think Britney's music is way more tolerable than both these songs but to each their own! :D

Haha, I'll admit, I love me some Eurotrash pop =P.

Thanks Art!
:D

Watch the show!

Ok so just wondering how many people here frequently use condoms for oral? For anal, in my experience, everybody recognises the necessity, but I've never seen anybody ask to use a condom for oral, or even consider it. Obviously, ideally, the best safe-sex practice is to use a condom for everything and this is what is advised, but I've never seen this advice done in practice so I'm just wondering how many people here actually do frequently use protection for oral and, if not, you've remained STD-free thus far?

EDIT: I guess I just get apprehensive/uncomfortable not using one for oral because I'm aware that STD rates are higher in the LGBT community (and it's probably an irrational concern), and that it's probably not a justifiable concern given that I'm vaccinated against Hepatitis B.

I'd use a condom for everything until I'll feel like I can fully trust that person.

maxcriden

fuck you're so good looking Discordian hnng

edit:
I know you didn't ask me but I love Lorde and I think you should listen to Tennis Court, Ribs, Buzzcut Season, Team, White Teeth Teens, Bravado, The Love Club, and Biting Down.
also her cover of Everybody Wants To Rule The World.

I'll check 'em out. Thank you!

red13th

Haha yeah it freaks my coworkers out when I am clean shaven. They tell me I look way younger. I am Portuguese so I can pretty much grow a beard in a day. I like it though. Its my "I wanna look younger in 5 minutes" card :)

Ooh you're Portuguese! Portuguese men are sexy.
Tuga! Portugueses se chamam de "tuga" ainda? hehe.

Grizzo

Aww, I like Anaconda. But then again I didn't think Baby got Back was a bad song so that must be it.

I agree on Pills n Potions though.

Baby Got Back is cool! Anaconda is just so... lazy. Ugh I really don't get why this song is so popular
well, I think I know... it starts with "music" and ends with "video"...

Huh? His stuff sells well, so I assumed he must be fairly well aproved...

Anybody who doesn't sing along with 'In Romania, she pulled me to the side and said "Pit, you can have me and my sister"' clearly has no sense of cheesy fun :p

I'm not denying the fact that he's a good seller, but that doesn't make him any less shit. It's alright though, who am I to tell you what you should be listening to? If you like him, then more power to you! I do listen to some shit artists too, you can't fight against a good melody when you listen to one!

Haha, I'll admit, I love me some Eurotrash pop =P.

haha me too! I have eurotrash pop like Inna, Booty Luv or Elize in my iTunes library. Hell I even got some Paris Hilton in there!

hahaha that's a great story. Lorde is supposed to embody the new wave of pop music, but I don't think her lyrics would be that deep at such a young age. Still, I love the little snide of "I'm kinda over getting told to throw my hands up in the air", clearly aiming at other faceless pop songs (or things like Pitbull :p).

I don't think I know that one! I'll give it a listen. Listening to this awesomeness right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV5OGh8D-ok

Any old time you keep me waitin'--WAITIN'

oh! I know a little about The Black Keys because my dad listen to them from time to time (he does his best to keep up with everything that's current music-wise, listening to radio stations aimed at young people and watching videoclips sometimes late at night)

maxcriden

hahaha that's a great story. Lorde is supposed to embody the new wave of pop music, but I don't think her lyrics would be that deep at such a young age. Still, I love the little snide of "I'm kinda over getting told to throw my hands up in the air", clearly aiming at other faceless pop songs (or things like Pitbull :p).

oh! I know a little about The Black Keys because my dad listen to them from time to time (he does his best to keep up with everything that's current music-wise, listening to radio stations aimed at young people and watching videoclips sometimes late at night)

I do like that lyric a lot, too! Haha. Like you said she was probably not intending to sing about leper colonies. I don't know much about the Black Keys but I heard that song on the VD and really liked it. That's neat about your dad staying in the know, though!

Pepiope

I only really like short/trimmed beards on guys. I think they are really hot most of the time. :) I wish I could grow one that looked halfway decent.
I could probably grow a nice beard, but I just don't like them. I try to shave every other day to keep it nice and clean. I like my jaw line too much to cover it up.

maxcriden

Reposting this here because I need to veeeent:

God DAMN this migraine is just wrecking my day at the moment. I feel a bit dizzy, neck hurting, ughhhh. Just. So. Sick. Of having these migraines every goddamn day. This is a particularly brutal one but I still don't want to have them at all, ever. But shit, even every other day would be something at this point. I'm 26, I feel like I'm friggin' 80 with these headaches. Almost no one understands. I know at least one person lied to my face for months and behind my back was telling people I was faking them for attention. Yes. I'm faking them. Right. Because I like to get 32 goddamn Botox shots in my head and neck and all other kinds of crazy shit and have a ridiculously restrictive diet and come to work pretty much every day just to try to live a normal life *and* hide my pain as well as possible. So I must be faking them. Ugh!!

Anyway. I'm just really sick and tired of feeling sick, and tired, all the damn time. Migraines blow, big time. I don't want to feel like this. I don't want to feel like my life is just passing me by all the time. I want to live and get out of the house and do stuff with my free time and volunteer and help people and learn Japanese and Spanish and see bombastic movies in a theater without feeling like my head is being drilled into and eat various foods without worrying about a ridiculous shit-ton of food triggers. I know it's hard to discern tone in a post, so I might sound angry. I'm not angry. Just frustrated, and exhausted, and I want to feel well. My head is just pounding away and every tiny noise in the background is like a jackhammer in my head, and the downstairs neighbor's kid is screaming so it feels like my head is an apple riddled with arrows.

To sum up: god DAMN this hurts.

Son Of D

Well if we're doing pictures with facial hair. Might as well post one myself. Albeit there isn't much there on me at the moment.

Considering shaving my hair on my head though, since it's thinning at the very top (although you can't see it much, if at all, in the picture).

Grizzo

Son of D and Vashetti you both look really cute!

God DAMN this migraine is just wrecking my day at the moment. I feel a bit dizzy, neck hurting, ughhhh. Just. So. Sick. Of having these migraines every goddamn day. This is a particularly brutal one but I still don't want to have them at all, ever. But shit, even every other day would be something at this point. I'm 26, I feel like I'm friggin' 80 with these headaches. Almost no one understands. I know at least one person lied to my face for months and behind my back was telling people I was faking them for attention. Yes. I'm faking them. Right. Because I like to get 32 goddamn Botox shots in my head and neck and all other kinds of crazy shit and have a ridiculously restrictive diet and come to work pretty much every day just to try to live a normal life *and* hide my pain as well as possible. So I must be faking them. Ugh!!

Anyway. I'm just really sick and tired of feeling sick, and tired, all the damn time. Migraines blow, big time. I don't want to feel like this. I don't want to feel like my life is just passing me by all the time. I want to live and get out of the house and do stuff with my free time and volunteer and help people and learn Japanese and Spanish and see bombastic movies in a theater without feeling like my head is being drilled into and eat various foods without worrying about a ridiculous shit-ton of food triggers. I know it's hard to discern tone in a post, so I might sound angry. I'm not angry. Just frustrated, and exhausted, and I want to feel well. My head is just pounding away and every tiny noise in the background is like a jackhammer in my head, and the downstairs neighbor's kid is screaming so it feels like my head is an apple riddled with arrows.

Woah, I didn't know things were that bad with you Max! I'm so sorry for you. I sometime have to deal with some chronic health issues too and it can be really frustrating, I know what you mean. Especially when you say that all you're asking for is to live your life without worrying that much about pain on a day-to-day basis. I feel you.

I hope you're gonna be okay and this migraine is gonna calm down. Have you tried looking for alternative solutions? Maybe you're under a lot of stress or there's a part of your body that's not okay, sometimes all of that can amount to headache even though your head felt fine just a few moments ago. Try to relax and if the pain is getting too strong, sleep is still your best ally.

If you ever need to vent again, don't forget I'm there, and never hesitate use my shoulder to lean on. Will try to Skype you pretty soon though I gotta warn you, I'm shy when it comes to speaking english in voice chat. (text chat is fine though). Lots of love.

Well if we're doing pictures with facial hair. Might as well post one myself. Albeit there isn't much there on me at the moment.

Considering shaving my hair on my head though, since it's thinning at the very top (although you can't see it much, if at all, in the picture).

Son of D and Vashetti, you both look adorable. Amazingly cute. :)

Maxcriden, u don't really know what to say other than, that sucks. That really sucks. Chronic pain is a bitch and can be really soul destroying. I feel sorry for you. Hopefully one day they will figure out migraines. Guh. :(

Am I the only one who can't grow a beard?
Welcome to the club.

Berordn

Am I the only one who can't grow a beard?

Nope, where it grows on me it grows fine and it's not patchy per-se, but there's a few areas on my face where no hair will grow at all so it looks like I've just got streaks of flesh... it's odd.

So I have resigned myself to a beardless existence.

maxcriden

Woah, I didn't know things were that bad with you Max! I'm so sorry for you. I sometime have to deal with some chronic health issues too and it can be really frustrating, I know what you mean. Especially when you say that all you're asking for is to live your life without worrying that much about pain on a day-to-day basis. I feel you.

I hope you're gonna be okay and this migraine is gonna calm down. Have you tried looking for alternative solutions? Maybe you're under a lot of stress or there's a part of your body that's not okay, sometimes all of that can amount to headache even though your head felt fine just a few moments ago. Try to relax and if the pain is getting too strong, sleep is still your best ally.

If you ever need to vent again, don't forget I'm there, and never hesitate use my shoulder to lean on. Will try to Skype you pretty soon though I gotta warn you, I'm shy when it comes to speaking english in voice chat. (text chat is fine though). Lots of love.

Thanks amigo, I really appreciate it. I think I told you about the migraines before, but I might be misremembering that. Most days my migraines are there but mildly controlled so it's like not terrible but pretty unpleasant, and on a good day, with a careful diet avoiding trigger foods I'm really sensitive to (there are a zillion, but basically anything processed, aged, fermented, anything with soy, certain vegetables, a bunch of other stuff!), and enough sleep and exercise, I can keep the pain level present but lower. It's hard to get all of those things actually happening though. Even if I make it work, there are still days like this where I just feel absolutely awful. And, I realllly hate complaining about myself so I try to keep a good attitude because a bad one is just going to make me feel worse. Le sigh.

As for treatments, I have tried many things. Several daily prophylactics, ER intervention, cognitive pain management I'm enrolled in now, acupuncture, massage, abortive medications, intravenous inpatient DHE protocol, the ridiculously awful Botox, and various other stuff. Is stress a factor? Maybe, probably. It might make me feel worse. My wife and I lived in an apartment with a bad mold problem before our current apartment, and we were there for like a year or two and there turned out to be mold snaking up the wall in the back of the closet like ivy, and in other places too, so is that part of the reason we both have much worse health issues now? Maybe? Eh, it's so hard to know. I just want to feel good.

On a brighter note, here is me and Eli, he can grow fur better than any of us:

BwJ34P5IMAEpAV6.jpg

(This was for that Ace Attorney objection pose contest. As for me, I usually keep it to a 5 o'clock shadow or so.)

Maxcriden, u don't really know what to say other than, that sucks. That really sucks. Chronic pain is a bitch and can be really soul destroying. I feel sorry for you. Hopefully one day they will figure out migraines. Guh. :(

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. One day I'm hopeful migraines can get figured out better. I'm part of a patient advisory board right now for a proposed medical research trial so hopefully that can bring some relief to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom