• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII |OT| Toriyama's Bizarre Adventure

All this talk about the J-pop theme in each mainline FF makes me wonder what song FFXV is going to have.... it's pretty much a staple at this point.

Asd202

All this talk about the J-pop theme in each mainline FF makes me wonder what song FFXV is going to have.... it's pretty much a staple at this point.

It's going to have one for sure. Maybe Nomura will get Gackt to do it I heard his a fan of his :p.

KingJ2002

Played the demo and i gotta say... i just can't do it.

the first one barely made any sense but i loved the terrain and landscapes... plus just having a new FF made me dive in.

FFXIII-2... made little to no sense... i needed some closure on characters i guess but it didn't help at all. The ending wasn't even an ending so

Lightning Returns: FFXIII... can't do it... maybe not now but i just don't have the energy to play through it. As I was playing the demo i felt like i was just putting up with it rather than enjoying the experience. If there is still a gaming drought with the PS4 i might give this a go... but most likely I'll wait for FFXV to come out and hope it provides a complete story unlike the FFXIII saga.

I really want a male singer for once for XV's theme, or a band. Change it up a bit.

Or go really cringy and have a duet between a male and female to fit with the whole Romeo and Juliet thing they've got going on (if that's still a thing).

Cheska

Limited Edition shipped! :D

I admit, the different role and costume change ala FFX-2 is sitting very well with me :)

RPGCrazied

I figured my Amazon order would ship out today, since I have prime. But no dice. I guess they could get it to me in one day.

Toth

I can't believe how much cyber-bullying happens here. Perfo may be...unique but he is entitled to his opinion the same way others here are entitled to their own damn opinion. It's disgusting.

LuuKyK

I can't believe how much cyber-bullying happens here. Perfo may be...unique but he is entitled to his opinion the same way others here are entitled to their own damn opinion. It's disgusting.

I agree. People are so obsessed over his opinion its borderline annoying. Just let him be. What if he enjoys the game/Final Fantasy? And even so... there is an Ignore List for a reason.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Do NOT derail this thread into this like other threads before hand. If there is a problem then the mods will take care of this. We have several mods that watch every FFXIII related thread all the time.

It's going to have one for sure. Maybe Nomura will get Gackt to do it I heard his a fan of his :p.

I would actually prefer Nano. But that's just me.

Yeah and the English localization is going to have Skrillex.

Wow. Lol.

Something like Answers would be nice.

Like the FFXIV song huh? That could work.

Stop. Don't derail the thread.

Hopefully Somnus.

Or at least written/composed by Shimomura or Uematsu.

I don't know. I kind of want one. Nomura always made Hiki work in Kingdom Hearts.

Do NOT derail this thread into this like other threads before hand. If there is a problem then the mods will take care of this. We have several mods that watch every FFXIII related thread all the time.

Exactly.

Toth

The English version of the ending was much more beautiful. Though I thought...

Lightning said she was going to Snow and Serah's wedding. This version seems to indicate that she and her friends are apart

Diablos

He wears it on his damn sleeve. It isn't healthy.

The description for the guide is amazing:
With so many things to be accomplished and uncovered in a game world teeming with opportunities, this book will be a teacher with boundless patience, a savior when things seem bleak, and a wise friend always on hand to offer the advice you need. It is encyclopedic, yet unfailingly accessible. Our longtime partner, Piggyback, has accomplished miracles in creating this authoritative (and beautiful!) companion tome.

- Motomu Toriyama
Director, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

He is right about Piggyback though, amazing company.

Gackt would be good, dude has such an awesome voice, but I get the feeling they're going to go for some JPOP boy band.

Gackt's songs "Redemption" and " Longing" from Dirge of Cerberus were pretty rockin'. I would not mind if Gackt made a song for FFXV as long it fits well into the game's theme or story. I beat FFXIII last week by pure attrition and willpower, quite proud of myself. Gran Pulse and the combat were the best things about it. Too bad "My Hands" sucked. Felt so out of place. Can't wait to hear whatever silly song is in FFXIII-2.

If you sit down and look back at it, it's crazy to think we had an entire generation of console dedicated to a single Final Fantasy series: the FFXIII saga, outside of FFXIV. Thank goodness SE turned things around with ARR. From what I've read about it on NeoGAF and various reviews, it manages to capture the many things fans love about the Final Fantasy series very well. What's more impressive is that it's a subscription based MMO. I really need to play it sometime.

Kuja9001

Banned
I dislike Bhuni's Eng voice. Its not menacing, his grandson Orphan is more menacing. JP VA option for me.

As usual the XIII whining is funny.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well, I saw the ending in English because someone posted it online... man, that voice direction and script. Fix that for FF15 for the love of god, SE.

Well, I saw the ending in English because someone posted it online... man, that voice direction and script. Fix that for FF15 for the love of god, SE.

Well at the very least, from what we seen of the trailers, the script and translation will be fine. Now it just comes down to the voice direction...

I stand by my post saying that the VA approached Saint's Row 3's parody ending. Only LR was dead serious when doing it and Saint's Row 3 was, well, a parody.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta say, this thread has a palpable atmosphere of resignation and doom. I haven't been on GAF for very long, but it's a new sensation for me to read an OT prior to release that isn't giddy with excitement.

kasane

I would actually prefer Nano. But that's just me.

Wow. Lol.

Like the FFXIV song huh? That could work.

Stop. Don't derail the thread.

I don't know. I kind of want one. Nomura always made Hiki work in Kingdom Hearts.

Exactly.

Nano? If we're talking about the same nano i dont think the voice fits, that borderline girl/male voive wouldnt fit the vibe FFXV is going for.

Nohar

@Screaming Meat: Well, there are good reasons for this, especially when taking into account the fact that the FFXIII trilogy broke the fanbase even harder than any FF before it. And here, on this very thread, you have every kind of fan:

You have the ones who think that Final Fantasy is dead, and that nothing good will ever come out of it, or who at least wish that Toriyama never ever touch the series again.

You have the ones who were really disappointed by FFXIII and FFXIII-2 and who expect FFXIII-LR's story to be just as bad as the first two episodes of this trilogy, but who will buy it anyway because they want to know how this story ends, hope that somehow this final episode will redeem the trilogy and who think that, at least, the other elements of the game makes it worthwhile to buy it (gameplay, music).

You have the ones who like the first two episodes (including their stories) and can't wait to play the last one, while being conscious that this last game won't be as polished as the others because of a somewhat low budget and a rather short development time.

And you have the overly enthusiastic ones who act so overly enthusiastic and who dismiss everything which seem wrong with the game as nonsense that they come off as either very cute (because, yes, in a way, I find that very "cute"), either not quite sane.

KHlover

Banned
I gotta say, this thread has a pal able atmosphere of resignation and doom. I haven't been on GAF for very long, but it's a new sensation for me to read an OT prior to release that isn't giddy with excitement.
Pretty hard to be excited after XIII, XIII-2 and the Japanese Import impression thread :/

The script for the ending ebbs and flows for me. Sometimes it can be decent
- some bits of Bhunivelze's diatribes are fine, his voice notwithstanding. But then when Lightning constantly opens her mouth to talk about how love, friendship and bonds can overcome a God and seek hope, I just roll my eyes and I just want her to shut up. Please stop talking. Shut up.

I think the bit that made me laugh the most
(aside from Bhunivelze crying or that picture burnt into my skull of Bhunivelze lying lifeless in the Chaos with his mouth open and the face looking all vacant) was Lightning explaining to us that the crystal age ended before our world was born and before WE were born. The whole Lightning trilogy is basically set a (maybe not that) long ago in a galaxy far, far away. Lightning, her friends and everyone from her old world(s) are now in our world amongst us, in a world where let's face it, though there's no sign of a physical God, there's still plenty of theism and belief in divinity.

nicolascagelaugh36cr0.gif

I saw some cutscenes from the English version, and was a bit surprised that some of the voice delivery is really poor - one was in the Ark with Hope and Lightning, and Hope's VA was terrible, wrong intonation and stilted delivery - which is strange because his VA is fine in the previous two games. I'm guessing the localization was a bit phoned in this time.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Almost marked the ending spoilers in this thread. Shieeeeeeeet.

Nohar

Almost marked the ending spoilers in this thread. Shieeeeeeeet.

Heh, the same almost happened to me too. I guess this is my last day here, because at one point or another someone is going to spoil something, or I will click on a spoiler by accident.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
On the topic of which theme song will be fitting for FFXV; I really disliked New World and Answers so I hope will be something more closer to XIII's original jp ending song or at best something from that anime band that sung ZERO 4 type-0. Nomura usually loves male singers so I guess we should expect that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Terra_Ex

Are you able to equip multiple adornments as you progress through the game, say sunglasses and a custom hat or is it always limited to one item?

On the topic of which theme song will be fitting for FFXV; I really disliked New World and Answers so I hope will be something more closer to XIII's original jp ending song or at best something from that anime band that sung ZERO 4 type-0. Nomura usually loves male singers so I guess we should expect that.

Bump of Chicken?
Bump of Chicken.

Top Bottom