• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liz Wheeler: Men who play video games are 'least attractive to women'

Are you attractive?

• I have a girlfriend now.

Votes: 80 16.3%
  • I'm married.

Votes: 304 62.0%
  • No, she's right.

Votes: 60 12.2%
  • I'm the person that doesn't bath before a video game conference.

Votes: 46 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R6Rider

Gold Member
Im not into woman thank god , im into aliens
ancient aliens GIF

Because men ain't allowed to enjoy themselves and have their own hobbies right? You must satiate my narcissistic whore ass instead. Everything you do must please me. Watch her complain about men later in life when it's her own personality that is repulsive and is what gets her used like a piece of meat.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I've got my fourteen year anniversary coming up in five days, was married to someone else for three years before that and was in an exclusive relationship with someone else before that.

I don't know, gaming has never really hurt me in that department, or if it has I haven't noticed it.

If having video games as a hobby is enough to make a woman turn her nose up to a guy then I'd consider that guy lucky as he just dodged a shit-ton of bullshit drama in his life. My wife and I have had PLENTY of arguments in our many years together, as all married people do, but never has it been about gotdang video games.

If I want to argue about video games.......I come here.

You Got It Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Dude is the sequel/movie version of this ever coming out??? Holy shit I forgot about it. Seemed they were planning before Covid and then I just deleted it from my brain.
Currently trapped in a bunch of legal drama, release date still TBD

Varteras

I break my ass at the gym to counter my nerdiness and lucky for me i have a cute face and i'm very tall, but a woman that is completely against videogame is not a catch at all, women have all sort of dumbass hobbies and shit, i'm not gonna take any sort of trolling for liking videogames from people who believe in horoscopes...

Watching fucking oprah is more brainded than playing any videogame.

I'm gonna need a pic. For research purposes.

20cc5ce97ed0d05de772cc23ecb476f3.jpg

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
An opinion that is shared by a lot of women I know.The issue is that gaming is still viewed as a children's hobby that adults should grow out of.

There have been studies on this topic and gaming has never been a hobby that most women find attractive. In fact, it's probably the least attractive. Reading, cooking and sports all come out on top.

However, this obviously doesn't mean that men who play games are an instant turn off. Lots of women play games and will be attracted to men who share that hobby.

My wife doesn't mind that I play games, but I only play rarely. She might have a different opinion if I played games for hours every day. My main hobbies are reading and cooking , and she personally thinks men who read are very attractive, so in that regards I hit the jackpot because reading is also her number 1 hobby.
Because men ain't allowed to enjoy themselves and have their own hobbies right? You must satiate my narcissistic whore ass instead. Everything you do must please me. Watch her complain about men later in life when it's her own personality that is repulsive and is what gets her used like a piece of meat.

And there is another problem.

Do you ever see lists of hobbies that men find unattractive in women? No. Because most men don't give a shit. As long as it's not illegal or gross then I really couldn't care what hobby my woman has. Men, on the other hand have to meet a certain expectation, work in finance, have a trust fund be 6'5 and have blue eyes.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I'm gonna need a pic. For research purposes.

20cc5ce97ed0d05de772cc23ecb476f3.jpg
Plenty of my pics in the photo topic in the off topic section and in a topic about the good looking gaffers froms some years ago, it's probably pretty easy to search for user or some shit, i rarely do that.

I want 5 cents for every stroke.

Last edited:

Barakov

Does she understand about 99% of men play some form of video games? What does she want? Someone who just works 80 hours a week so she can sit on her can all day?

This reminds me of the 'gamers stink' stuff the games media used to put out. Yeah, some of them smell like absolutely trash. But have you been to a store in general? Most people smell like trash, not just gamers. I guess men that are into sports is the peak male figure. I mean, just look at this piece of lust right here:

pg2_a_packersfan_580.jpg
So a political grifter with a metric ton of makeup on her face doesn't get videogames. I'm shocked.
Home Alone Reaction GIF by Freeform

peek

Truuuue. Unironically true.

Its NEVER sexy, ever, to be like "oh yeah im a gamer".

Just no. Stop that.

KaiserBecks

This obviously doesn’t apply to women though. I find her to be unattractive and she doesn’t even play video games. 2/10 would not bang.

Romulus

I've always had gfs that were surprised I was a gamer but it never was a negative. My ex went to the halo 3 midnight launch with me despite not liking games at all. She played through the campaign and actually made a real effort.
No examples of hate or complaining really, and especially wasn't a deal breaker.

Last edited:

Lunarorbit

Gold Member
I saw this the other day.... what a fucking moron. I have no idea who she is but sounds like some entitled generic white 30 year old woman who has no personality but gets upset at others having fun.

This is such a spoiled attitude to have especially in 2024. Like holy shit

Zacfoldor

Truuuue. Unironically true.

Its NEVER sexy, ever, to be like "oh yeah im a gamer".

Just no. Stop that.
I mean, I think you are talking about come on lines and not long term. They will eventually find out that I do game right? Like, how deep should these lies go? Should I start hiding steamdecks around the house?

GAMING you say? I never heard of the shit. How DARE you madam? Good afternoon!

Smokeberry

Neo Member
I think that maybe it's easier if all gaffers try being gay. Imagine all the potential partners with similar interests. Sounds like heaven.

Would somebody else go first though and let me know if it's worth it?

Zacfoldor

I think that maybe it's easier if all gaffers try being gay. Imagine all the potential partners with similar interests. Sounds like heaven.

Would somebody else go first though and let me know if it's worth it?
I mean, look at Slingblade. His mom would have never been killed if she hadn't fallen for the antiquated male/female dynamic in her relationship. He would have no reason to kill Jessie fer.

If nothing else, Slingblade taught me that men and women just aren't naturally compatible.

You know though, Zenless Zone Zero seems to have an answer for that in the form of fake women.

KINGMOKU

So she, and some other women don't like men who have hobbies. This means that they want your entire world to revolve around them. This kind of thinking isn't a red flag, it is something no man should entertain, ever.

Men are not women. Women seem to have forgotten this.

My wife hates video games. But still tolerates me playing. I suspect mostly because at least it keeps me in the house and out of other girls pants.

After marriage I actually still played a lot, though not nearly as much as when I was single. It was having the kid that really put the brakes on playing regularly. Nowdays I generally only play if they are either both out of the house or sleeping.

She hates PC gaming the most. Because it totally isolates me from her in a different space. Handheld gaming is the most agreeable to her. And console gaming is just tolerable.

Before my current wife I had a long term GF who I thought was cool about video games. I thought that right up until she broke up with me.

simpatico

Gold Member
OK after listening; she's not wrong, but there's nuance. One thing we all just need to accept is that gaming optics are trash to women. Yes, you'll find outliers, the ratio to which they exist is gonna depend on age. Don't say "man that's fucked up. why it gotta be like that". It just is. "Save us TLOU Season 2!". No one is coming to save us. The cute girl at the liquor store is not interested in marathoning the Grandia series this autumn (I kinda am tho) because that show was decent enough to watch all 8 episodes. If you're going after nerdy broads none of this really matters, but to regular bar women it is not going to score you any points. It's definitely not a deal breaker, but I do think it hurts a first impression for the average guy and gal. If she asks you if you play video games early on, this could very well be a trap. The correct answer to this is "sigh here and there I guess. I like the racing games". The uber casual racing gamer character is almost completely innocuous to gamer hunters. It could save you night. Train it. "I think it's called Need for Speed or something" Her chart is all wrong though. Gaming would be on the opposite end unless it's your whole personality.

OK after listening; she's not wrong, but there's nuance. One thing we all just need to accept is that gaming optics are trash to women. Yes, you'll find outliers, the ratio to which they exist is gonna depend on age. Don't say "man that's fucked up. why it gotta be like that". It just is. "Save us TLOU Season 2!". No one is coming to save us. The cute girl at the liquor store is not interested in marathoning the Grandia series this autumn (I kinda am tho) because that show was decent enough to watch all 8 episodes. If you're going after nerdy broads none of this really matters, but to regular bar women it is not going to score you any points. It's definitely not a deal breaker, but I do think it hurts a first impression for the average guy and gal. If she asks you if you play video games early on, this could very well be a trap. The correct answer to this is "sigh here and there I guess. I like the racing games". The uber casual racing gamer character is almost completely innocuous to gamer hunters. It could save you night. Train it. "I think it's called Need for Speed or something" Her chart is all wrong though. Gaming would be on the opposite end unless it's your whole personality.
This is a prime example of overthinking.

poodaddy

Gold Member
If having video games as a hobby is enough to make a woman turn her nose up to a guy then I'd consider that guy lucky as he just dodged a shit-ton of bullshit drama in his life. My wife and I have had PLENTY of arguments in our many years together, as all married people do, but never has it been about gotdang video games.

If I want to argue about video games.......I come here.

You Got It Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp
Arnold Schwarzenegger Handshake GIF

Same brother. We've almost ended our marriage before, it got bad man, and damn I was in a dark place, but we're better together now then we've ever been before, and we have never once had an argument about video games, at least about playing them....maybe we've argued about what the best Final Fantasy or Resident Evil is once or twice lol.

Last edited:
Pro tip guys, women want men that are confident to have whatever the fuck hobby they want and not give a fuck how it's perceived. As long as you show passion for something, it tends to go very well.
Someone that is well rounded, that can take care of themselves and is not afraid to be himself. That's pretty much it.

And if the chick is not into gaming, that's ok, just make sure she knows you will add her to your life, not replace a hobby you're passioned about with her. That will never work.

peek

I mean, I think you are talking about come on lines and not long term. They will eventually find out that I do game right? Like, how deep should these lies go? Should I start hiding steamdecks around the house?

GAMING you say? I never heard of the shit. How DARE you madam? Good afternoon!
Nah, its just straight NOT sexy to be like youre a gamer. Walking in on someone gaming... no.

Walking in on someone with shirt off and lifting weights?

Come on now! Yall delusional af in here xD

peek

People that lift weights also play games.
Yes, sure. And one of those traits is attractive. The other is not.

Again, yall delusional if you think being a gamer or playing games is in any way shape or form, an attractive quality.

Last edited:
Top Bottom