• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liz Wheeler: Men who play video games are 'least attractive to women'

Are you attractive?

• I have a girlfriend now.

Votes: 80 16.3%
  • I'm married.

Votes: 304 62.0%
  • No, she's right.

Votes: 60 12.2%
  • I'm the person that doesn't bath before a video game conference.

Votes: 46 9.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

samoilaaa

joe manganiello GIF

henry cavill superman GIF

yeah women are so not attracted to these 2 guys

Bottom line if you're an alpha and the girls are into you they don't give a damn if you play videogames unless it's like obsession level like you play from 6pm Saturday to 6am Sunday lol other than that game away I get served while playing sometimes 😅

Who dafuq has ever said that in here?

In this very topic you have people hiding their hobbies to score some pussy, people trolling woman for having terrible hobbies aswell and people having wifes or gf that enjoy vg aswell and people who just don't care.
I saw nobody saying that they consider themselves as chads BECAUSE they play videogame, except for clear jokes, nobody is THAT delusional in here.

At the very best it could be a quality if the girl is also a super nerd who play vg, in that case is just something that you can have in common.
There is a anti-game sentiment but on the same note most women waste their time on frivilous and mindless garbage.

Ultimately as long as the man shows he has his shit in order - then it likely does not matter if he plays games or not.

The 'stereotype' is that most gamers are losers who have nothing going on in their lives - which doesn't make complete sense to me since PC parts are expensive. Who can afford an RTX 4090/7800X3D/X670E motherboard unless you have a well paying job?

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
And that's why females get excluded when it comes to games.
As for her comment, it's never been a factor.
Nearly all men play games in some capacity and you should know not to talk about games to women, that's lads talk unless she brings it up.

Last edited:

marquimvfs

I work alongside several doctors (medicine doctors), most of the surgeons plays videogames to improve their fine motion skills.

peek

Who dafuq has ever said that in here?

In this very topic you have people hiding their hobbies to score some pussy, people trolling woman for having terrible hobbies aswell and people having wifes or gf that enjoy vg aswell and people who just don't care.
I saw nobody saying that they consider themselves as chads BECAUSE they play videogame, except for clear jokes, nobody is THAT delusional in here.

At the very best it could be a quality if the girl is also a super nerd who play vg, in that case is just something that you can have in common.
Nah people straight up delulu if they think being a gamer is in any way an attractive quality. Like I said before, there are many attractive traits to have... playing video games is NOT one of them. Nothing ruins the mood more for someone than telln em "oh yeah I just loooove to play video games".

Just stop.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I bet there aren't many people left who don't spend a lot of time either scrolling on their phone / tablet, watching tv, or playing video games.
One of my favorite lines from The Andy Griffith Show: "What's wrong with just sittin' and starin'?" (when talking about having people gather around the TV)

EuGMeFf.png

Krathoon

Gold Member
I always get annoyed with the mentality that gaming is a lifestyle. It is just a form of entertainment.

I blame the media and the industry for that.

I also dislike the idea that playing a game is some kind of commitment.

That is why that clip where Soulja Boy totally disrepects Braid cracks me up.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Nah people straight up delulu if they think being a gamer is in any way an attractive quality. Like I said before, there are many attractive traits to have... playing video games is NOT one of them. Nothing ruins the mood more for someone than telln em "oh yeah I just loooove to play video games".

Just stop.
And i ask you again, who in this topic ever said that? (i mean except for you)

Just stop what? i agree with you dude, playing videogames is not attractive for most women :lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Exaclty like many women's hobbies are unattractive for men, it goes both ways, and both genders ignore an annoying hobby if the other sex is hot\wealthy enough.

Last edited:
Im married, i balance gaming out very well, plus i work 14 hours day, weekend is wifey time ❤️
Working 14 hours a day. I hope you really like your job.

This Liz chick has gotten way to much time on Gaf already. Who the fuck cares about some 'he look at me' attention seeking woman talking shit about a hobby.

Remember, Henry Cavil is a gamer. Her bullshit goes straight out the window and her legs open in about 0.5 seconds when he just as much as looks at her.

Bernardougf

I work alongside several doctors (medicine doctors), most of the surgeons plays videogames to improve their fine motion skills.
5xHPDDR.gif

But its mainly for escapism... being a surgeon its fucking hard and demands a lot mentally (and physically) so immersing yourself in a fantasy world and forgetting the real world is awasome.... thats also why this western shitty political/woke trend killing video games fucking sux...

marquimvfs

5xHPDDR.gif

But its mainly for escapism... being a surgeon its fucking hard and demands a lot mentally (and physically) so immersing yourself in a fantasy world and forgetting the real world is awasome.... thats also why this western shitty political/woke trend killing video games fucking sux...
Yes, there's also that. But videogames do improve your motion skills, it's specially useful for video surgery, also called "closed surgery". People who plays games have better control over instruments that are inside patients, and also have a better sense of feedback.

Last edited:

Bernardougf

Just stop.
Life hasnt be very fair to you right ? ... its ok ... things will get better fellow gamer.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Ouch, I’m very hurt by this. Never had a problem telling anyone I play games to relax. 6 pumps around the world and 3 of those to Iraq and Afghanistan. My wife sure enjoys what I’ve done in life and have never in 25 years of marriage heard my wife tell me it is unattractive to play video games. After 27 years together our private time is very strong and she enjoys private timing me while I play games, even to try and mess with me (it works, I’m a failure at life).

She even gets involved in the stories and always allowed me to be me. I don’t care what anyone thinks of me in life, I am just who I am. If I’m not manly enough, I’d hate to hear what constitutes men and what gaming has to do with being sexy.

If the person you’re with doesn’t like what you do in your down time, either tell them to fuck off, or change for them.

Last edited:

Garibaldi

Any lass who judges you on your passions in a negative way ain't worth the energy to set them straight.

I'm not into tennis at all, but my wife absolutely loves it. It's great to see her passionately talk about it. My reasonable interest in games largely goes completely past her, but when I tell her about this class fight I just had in whatever I'm playing at the time, I know she's happy that I'm happy. That's what you want. Not this abrasive shite they seem to be pushing nowadays.

bobone

My wife vastly prefers when I'm spending more time/money on videogames than on shooting or going to the gym.

Pretty sure its because videogames can be played together, or at least in the same room. So she feels more connected.
Shooting and gym don't involve her in the slightest. Which is probably the main issue.

Women want themselves to be your hobby.

Banned
lmao 8 pages when we only needed one response with 1000 likes: "lmao who is liz wheeler and why do any of us give a shit what she thinks?" and then mods lock the thread.

Chad Warden

Banned
Maybe it's unattractive if you play a Nintendo Wii with that controller.

All the honeys love my slick black hair like a PS3.

Akuji

Some girls have a policy to only date someone they can play with.

Gaming as a Hobby is irrelevant for this. Either ur an interesting Person or not.
If ur boring it doesnt matter that u game. If your interesting it doesnt matter that u game.

Top Bottom