• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWD40

Vivalaraza said:
UGG store near Harvey Nicols in Manchester has been attacked also.

It's one big row on a pedestrianised strip, Selfridges will be next at a guess.

They can be boxed in there though with ease, very few ways in or out.

Mr_Brit said:
Why are people still spouting this nonsense? This riot is a convenient excuse for a class of society to go looting and causing destruction that they won't have to pay for. No ideaology is behind this.

This x1000. Plain and simple. They're not doing this for a 'cause'. It's just a cover story to justify going crazy and snatching some free stuff.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Southsea, Portsmouth:

london72.jpg

If Bournemouth riots instead of just getting pissed till 6am, then it's officially the end of the world.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Ponti said:
I've forgotten what Princes Street looks like now it's been closed for so long.

Aren't they closing it again soon?

I tell everyone I know in Korea and Taiwan about infrastructure development in Scotland and they just laugh. It's ridiculous.

SteveWD40

Clever GMP, deploy some to the retail areas and the rest to the estates these cunts live on, get em trying to go / come home and in the act.

Yousefb

Damn has blown up so much :|
My friend lives in Wolverhampton and he says they're basically barricading themselves in at home, no one should ever have to feel that threatened at home because of their own country men! Jesus christ

SteveWD40

BlazingDarkness said:
Received chain text saying dont go into town, it's definitely kicking off in manchester

Ask them where in town? it seems there has been some looting near Victoria but I am telling you first hand, not much going on anywhere near the Piccadilly area (no shops I suppose).

Also, people sauntering home from work, not running and screaming.

Ponti

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Good to see dogs deployed too. That said I hope they keep them safe too. I'll say this though, anyone who screws with police dog better pray the dogs handler doesn't catch them.
They ain't afraid of attacking the dogs. There was a picture yesterday of one of the dogs paws completely mangled.

Bleepey

Smiles and Cries said:
Riots.jpg

you would have to kill me... hell naw - wtf

If that was me, i would be like OK here's my shit just let me take my keys. As i pulled down my trousers i'd pull down my boxers as well. As he turned away in disgust and hopefully with a tinge of jealousy at my penis, he's getting stabbed in the throat with my keys. As he holds his hands on his throat to stop the bleeding, i'd say to him "you must have some balls to try to steal from me" and i'd rip his nuts off. Upon doing this i would shove his nuts down throat and say: "something tells me you won't be trying to steal from me again". I'll put my glasses on and walk away, like a boss.

Shiggy

Mecha_Infantry said:
Yeah, it was kinda :| when they interviewed the man and woman at the salad bar with their carbonated water talking about.."it was just mindless thugs". Then they showed the percentages of educated and employed people, and the Battersea people came way above the Hackney based people by a large amount

I don't know why people are not listening to the people doing this shit, and just want to cement their own beliefs that it's just hoodlums doing it for fun. They're telling you it's not just for fun, but everyone else says different.

Like the old man said to Boris "Listen to the black youth"

http://audioboo.fm/boos/434411-leana-hosea-speaks-to-croydon-looters-on-bbcworldservice

_Xenon_

Banned
So the riot is still going and the police force is still standing by? Seriously your authority needs to learn something from some Asian countries or maybe Russia. Can't image what will happen during the Olympic games next year.

DECK'ARD said:
Southsea, Portsmouth:

london72.jpg

If Bournemouth riots instead of just getting pissed till 6am, then it's officially the end of the world.

Fire at Joanna's nightclub near South Parade Pier. Not related to riots apparently.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Bleepey said:
If that was me, i would be like OK here's my shit just let me take my keys. As i pulled down my trousers i'd pull down my boxers as well. As he turned away in disgust and hopefully with a tinge of jealousy at my penis, he's getting stabbed in the throat with my keys. As he holds his hands on his throat to stop the bleeding, i'd say to him "you must have some balls to try to steal from me" and i'd rip his nuts off. Upon doing this i would shove his nuts down throat and say: "something tells me you won't be trying to steal from me again". I'll put my glasses on and walk away, like a boss.

What if he just laughs when you pull your boxers down?

clockpunk

I used to work in McDonalds in Glasgow (Crow Road) and we'd have a bunch of Neds hanging around our store most nights acting like, well, Neds. Every so often they'd start shit (throwing bottles, etc) leading one night to them laying siege to our store for 30 mins whilst the police turned up (which I "provoked" apparently with a rather witty "yer maw" comeback to them after taking verbal abuse.)

I'm a big guy so I wasn't afraid of it, but I've seen what this kind of situation does to people. The 16 year old part timers were shitting themselves.

The retail park Crow Road, or the one by Anniesland Cross? I hope you mean the latter, as I live only a few streets away from the first one!

Meadows

Banned
industrian said:
Aren't they closing it again soon?

I tell everyone I know in Korea and Taiwan about infrastructure development in Scotland and they just laugh. It's ridiculous.

lol, they shouldn't, ask em about Taichung's MRT construction and Kaohsiungs shite attempt at an MRT (one of the tunnels collapsed in construction killing/injuring some Thai migrant workers)

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
planar1280 said:
There is only one solution. Send in the Muslims (Myself being one) as they will finish off the rioters within a night.
Release the Muslims!

You forget. It is ramadan, Muslims do not fight, on Ramadan.

Well played, rioters..well played.

Hixx

If these scratters get the Premier League's kick off postponed... selfish bastards.

Though if it kicks off up here, they could always raze Peterlee town centre; it would be an improvement.

SteveWD40

Veidt said:
Release the Muslims!

You forget. It is ramadan, Muslims do not fight, on Ramadan.

Well played, rioters..well played.

Would work though, as much as I hate extremism, a mob of 200 from a local mosque in Shemaghs would scare the fuck out of these scrotes.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
clockpunk said:
The retail park Crow Road, or the one by Anniesland Cross? I hope you mean the latter, as I live only a few streets away from the first one!

Talking to me?

The event I described took place in 2004.

And I worked in both stores.

killer_clank said:
Heh, me too. Partick GAF assemble!

I used to live in Yorkhill and Anniesland. Good times.

weekend_warrior said:
Is the white guy getting robbed of his clothes in broad daylight?

No, I think people are making shit up here.

Pretty sure it's a pic taken of a guy being stripped searched yesterday, and that guy is a mate holding his clothes.

What you don't see is the officer(s) asking him to do it.

Also, why would his face be blocked out if it was taken by some gang member?

Knight77

I'm quite lost here, can anybody update me? I mean is the police/army whatever kicking their ass and throw them to jail and/or hell?

Empty

Mecha_Infantry said:
Yeah, it was kinda :| when they interviewed the man and woman at the salad bar with their carbonated water talking about.."it was just mindless thugs". Then they showed the percentages of educated and employed people, and the Battersea people came way above the Hackney based people by a large amount

I don't know why people are not listening to the people doing this shit, and just want to cement their own beliefs that it's just hoodlums doing it for fun. They're telling you it's not just for fun, but everyone else says different.

Like the old man said to Boris "Listen to the black youth"

well i think both those issues are at play here. there's the larger stuff which is that lots of youths in poor areas feel very alienated politically, socially and economically, and in how lots of people feel disconnected from society and pessimistic about their future it creates the circumstances in which people don't mind about causing havoc and decide not to care about the local businesses and local areas and local people as people normally would. that's there, but it doesn't explain why people decide to engage with the riots personally on an individual level, why they are personally going out of their way to torch a bus or personally grabbing a tv and some aren't or the lack of any clear purpose to it, and there is where you have mindless thuggery of people enjoying destroying stuff and free stuff coming through.

lo escondido

Apartheid is, in fact, not institutional racism
Is there a map of where these riots are?

Not being from the UK all these neighborhoods being thrown around are confusing. Is it all over london or just in specific areas?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
LuchaShaq said:
6500% increase in aluminum baseball bats

4200% increase in military police tonfas
What if the trucks are looted before delivery and the criminals get them?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Bleepey said:
You may be joking, but my old high school was a in a rowdy neighbourhood, so I modified my keychain in a way that I could quickly use my three keys (locker, main door and flat) as a stabbing knuckleduster. I never had to use them, but I still carry it with me. One single punch to the face could wreck anybody's shit.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
clockpunk said:
Neds.. in Partick? Whatever next? :p

Sneds

zomgbbqftw said:
MarkKleinman: I’ve learnt that the Home Secretary has just told industry leaders to expect more robust policing in London tonight.

MarkKleinman Mark Kleinman
Home Sec told industry leaders that “retail crime will not be tolerated”

People on the news keep talking about 'robust policing' but what does that actually mean? Robust as opposed to what? Shouldn't policing always be robust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom