• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

elseanio

@MerseyPolice
Merseyside Police
Latest Update - Please avoid Smithdown Road. The road is closed due to a crowd causing disorder. Police are at the scene

Shiloa

Omikaru said:
My friend wrote this on Facebook. I'll paste it here. I think he's spot on, personally.
I can't say I agree. Why? Because if it was a case "that they are each precious little ‘snowflakes’ who owe nothing to society or history and that if they merely ‘apply themselves’ and show a little ‘entrepreneurial spirit’ they can each become celebrated millionaires" then surely all of us who are part of this society would be out there. I'm not. You aren't. Millions of people aren't. I'm 22, raised in a poor area in my town to a single mother, the flat upstairs was a drug den, the flat above that was a gangster who had a gun collection (which he let his kid play with!). What can I say? Should I be out there, blaming society? Should I blame the state? A state which has offered my family benefits, healthcare, education, I had EMA etc. Do I blame celebrities? Really? Politicians? You do realise politicians don't earn that great a deal? Get real. This is a moral divide. Yes, there are many out there who wouldn't do this in general, but thanks to the exceptional circumstance have joined in, but a lot are so happy to do 'bad'.

Ripclawe

Banned
I really don't think labelling these people as 'scum', 'yobs', etc is going to do any good. They're clearly anger and disillusioned and we can only hope to increase these feelings if we continue to alienate them further from society.
Please. I have yet to see anyone looking like a starved, poor "disillusioned" being that is lashing out at the world for being alienated. I see a bunch of gutter trash scum having a field day because they see no one standing up to them dressed in clothing that suggests to me they are spending their money well

Bleepey

The level of malice in my heart when it comes to punishment for these fucks is the type of shit that would make Amnesty International, Idi Amin and a Nazi Concentration-camp guard wince.

Seriously Sky News.

He is a fucking 12 year old. Kick him in the fucking face.

Bleepey said:
The level of malice in my heart when it comes to punishment for these fucks is the type of shit that would make Amnesty International, Idi Amin and a Nazi Concentration-camp guard wince.

I would make Prince Joffrey look like fucking Ghandi if I had my way...

These riots painfully remind me of the Vancouver riot. And I thought that was bad. Best of luck UK-GAF, hopefully the police steps up their game.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Omikaru said:
My friend wrote this on Facebook. I'll paste it here. I think he's spot on, personally.
as i mentioned above, i don't think the riots are best symbolized by youts running the streets in an anarchic ball of social indignation; but in that simple moment where a battered and bleeding victim was helped to his feet, only as a ruse to finger through the contents of his backpack.

it's remarkable how similar i feel watching these images as i did watching "inside job". these kids just haven't had the opportunity to smear a lawful vaseline over their base egomaniacal cuntishness.

Watching interviews with the rioters is maddening. Their reasoning is beyond ludicrous. I also may need subtitles to understand what the fuck they are saying. What has become of the Queens language?

Quixzlizx

If you're a cynic, the whole purpose of welfare is to keep crime down and civil disturbances to a minimum, so that the productive majority can go about their business without worrying about interference from perpetual losers and parasites. The problem is, like a drug, the underclass eventually gains a tolerance to state aid, and their entitlement rises along with it. I'm sure the people rioting right now feel just as deprived as people during the Great Depression who were starving in the streets, despite their healthcare, food, housing, designer clothes and smartphones.

Welfare payments can't increase forever, so eventually something has to give.

Melchiah

HAL_Laboratory said:
Watch this now (before someone takes it down): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biJgILxGK0o&feature=share

My friend posted this a while ago on Facebook:
"Darcus Howe who was just on BBC News... born in trinidad..who was commenting about his son who he called 'an angel' being stopped & searched by police - I wiki'd this...In October 2005 Howe presented a Channel 4 documentary Son of Mine, about his troubled relationship with his 20-year-old son Amiri, who had been caught handling stolen passports, shoplifting, and accused of attempted rape."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darcus_Howe
He (Darcus Howe) became a member of the British Black Panther Movement, and in August 1970, following a protest, Howe was arrested and tried for riot, affray and assault. He was acquitted after a trial at the Old Bailey. Later, he was the editor of the magazine Race Today and was imprisoned for three months for assaulting a police officer.
The 2005 Channel 4 documentary Son of Mine examines Howe's relationship with his 20 years old son Amiri, who faced jail for charges related to stolen passports.

Seems like someone has edited the Wikipedia site recently, as Google still shows this:
qPbBl.jpg

Bleepey said:

Fucking hilarious. What exactly would you have done?

Diablohead said:
lol sky news live right now, some kid jumping in front of the camera

It's midnight and they're like 10 years old running around the streets. Their parents should be thrown in jail with the looters.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Treefingers said:
These riots painfully remind me of the Vancouver riot. And I thought that was bad. Best of luck UK-GAF, hopefully the police steps up their game.

Doesn't matter what the police do, once a city has to much of a police presence the riots pop up in another city.

Its the final hour.

Margalis

Banned
If they were able to look past their impoverished attire and blood stained hands the crooked politicians, bankers and businessmen who hold dominion over this land would no doubt see kindred spirits in these thugs and thuggish children. A crude, less presentable version, of the ‘greed is good’ mantra which has elevated our leaders to power and forms the core of our economic and social philosophy.

If you loot a PS3 you are a thug who deserves jail, if you a loot an economy of millions of dollars you get million dollar bonuses and complete protection from your political allies.

Not everyone can steal from others by creating worthless, impossible to understand financial packages and getting pension money put into them. Some people have to do it the old fashioned way.

Quixzlizx said:
If you're a cynic, the whole purpose of welfare is to keep crime down and civil disturbances to a minimum, so that the productive majority can go about their business without worrying about interference from perpetual losers and parasites. The problem is, like a drug, the underclass eventually gains a tolerance to state aid, and their entitlement rises along with it. I'm sure the people rioting right now feel just as deprived as people during the Great Depression who were starving in the streets, despite their healthcare, food, housing, designer clothes and smartphones.

Welfare payments can't increase forever, so eventually something has to give.

Their lives. It really is turning into us (all around law abiding citizens) vs them (shitfaces), I choose us every time. Break out the tear gas and put fucking holes into them.

i remember that petition that would remove all benefits from anyone caught rioting and looting from last night

what are the chances something like that might actually happen? i really dont have any faith in the govt right now

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Margalis said:
If you loot a PS3 you are a thug who deserves jail, if you a loot an economy of millions of dollars you get million dollar bonuses and complete protection from your political allies.
let neither take away from the cuntishness of the other.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Manik said:
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa230/ManUtd28/parloot.gif

That's more like it.

That's not even from the London Riots. That's *Vancouver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom