• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumhead

Banned
Arnie said:
I'm at Uni there, don't think I could imagine Broomhill up in flames.

Apparently they've already looted Bramall Lane and caused millions of pounds worth of improvements.

Arf arf.

But seriously though fuck the looters. Get outta my town.

Bleepey

Mastadon said:
"There is nothing more dangerous than to build a society, with a large segment of people in that society, who feel that they have no stake in it; who feel that they have nothing to lose. People who have a stake in their society, protect that society, but when they don't have it, they unconsciously want to destroy it."

Martin Luther King Jr.

Please don't quote MLK in situations like this. Opportunistic thieves do not need excuses made for them. Cutting facilities true that is a problem, but these are the cunts who burnt down a job centre; abuse power, these are the fucks who abused power and set light to people's home deserve all the law can give to them; shoot people dead, a gangbanger shoots on police and gets shot deserves no sympathy from anyone; the people will rise up, except this time it will be vigilantes who have had enough bullshit

tehbible said:
watching all this makes me want to watch 'Harry Brown' all over again. Highly recommended

IMDB

Considering Chavs and all, this man may be more apt.

2032_3.jpg

Arnie

Mat C said:
Apparently they've already looted Bramall Lane and caused millions of pounds worth of improvements.

Arf arf.

But seriously though fuck the looters. Get outta my town.
Seriously? Haven't heard much out of Sheffield in this regard. That's fucking atrocious.

I did some Uni work up in Arbourthorne last Semester and I came across and talked to many disillusioned youths there, similarly in Gleadless, wouldn't surprise me if they took to the streets and joined in with these "riots". Seriously under privileged kids who spend their free time just drinking, taking drugs and shagging.

I did then and I do now blame the parents. Although the parents could probably blame their parents too. And on the well of bullshit continues.

Metal-Geo

delta25 said:
why hasn't the army been put into use?
Well, if it's true, there are some plain cloth officers among the looters. And I'm willing to bet they carry very limited communication equipment. (Don't want a walky-talky constantly going *CHHHK* when you're undercover!)

But despite that, we should ask why they haven't used their rubber bullets yet first. Let's use the available equipment (officers are apparently alreadu issued with the bullets) before sending in an army.

zomgbbqftw said:
Not only likeable, but possible via unemployment and child benefits.

The whole benefits system needs to be ripped up so having children is only incentivised for people who have jobs.

Works wonderfully in Africa.

Bumhead

Banned
Arnie said:
Seriously? Haven't heard much out of Sheffield in this regard. That's fucking atrocious.

Nah, just my attempt at a joke.. *ahem*

We've had nothing so far and it better stay that way. Lots of chinese whispers and rumours today but as far as I'm aware, we've been fine.

Thoughts go to anyone and everyone affected in other cities. I don't know about anyone else but I don't see an end to this anytime soon. London has been relatively OK tonight due to the increased level of police protection, but that won't last and other cities will bear the brunt of it. I get the impression more of this mob rule protection from ordinary people (i.e, football firms and muslim communities etc) will become more and more commonplace.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
regarding the carpet store in croydon its been announced a 21 year old has been arrested for it

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That Harry Brown movie looks pretty good. It's on Netflix, too! I think I'll watch it tonight.

The Incarnation said:
Works wonderfully in Africa.

Err, notsureifserious?

The UK is a first world (apparently) country with a welfare state equivalent to a Bentley. Incentivising unemployed people to have kids who will then live their lives on the dole is why we are where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom