• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
zomgbbqftw said:
Damn, that KFC looks sick. Want.

I hope people have come to their senses. People in Enfield Town have been rounded up and arrested according to the lady on Sky.

Drug dealers used to be known to stash their gear in the toilets of that KFC. It's a cultural landmark!

Detox

There is a Nando's in Enfield Town literally one or two shops away from the HSBC bank shown in some of the footage.

That working club is a few roads above where I was working tonight. Closed early just in case things escalated.

Detox said:
There is a Nando's in Enfield Town literally one or two shops away from the HSBC bank shown in some of the footage.

That working club is a few roads above where I was working tonight. Closed early just in case things escalated.

That's a terraced Nandos though, this one was a detached building.

Lucius86

Banned
zomgbbqftw said:
Damn, that KFC looks sick. Want.

I hope people have come to their senses. People in Enfield Town have been rounded up and arrested according to the lady on Sky.

Been to that KFC many a time. Trust me, it's a dump.

Meus Renaissance said:
Westfield's mall is now under attack/being targeted. That's South London. It's spreading through the capital, fuck.

Shiiiiiiit. Why can I see this engulfing the majority of London? Funny thing is, the more people that get involved, the less relevant the riot becomes. This has now lost sight of all, If any meaning of the original rioting. People will now use it as an excuse to get violent.

Chinner

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
ilPkGQ.jpg

Rumoured to be Nandos on fire
i thought this was some kind of clever joke, but i guess not.

Utterly pointless. Ten years ago this would have probably fizzled out in the course of a night but now we've got twitter/facebook, these idiotic flashmob type events are all the more common (and sadly easier to sustain).

This isn't a race issue btw, it's an 'inner London shithole' issue. Why are people so eager to to politicize this kind of mindless violence?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
badcrumble said:
not sure if serious

Let's just look at the facts.

-England is currently having mass riots.
-Freedomworld (aka the U.S.A. (rhyme!)) does not currently have mass rioting.

Need I say more?

loosus

Banned
I know I'm an outsider looking in, but why doesn't the military simply wipe these people out? I mean, that seems the next logical step after having tried to reason with them. You can't simply go around burning things down or damaging property -- period.

Chittagong said:
While not a conclusive overview of the ethnic origin and demographic of the rioters, it's the best I have seen so far

article-2023254-0D54E8E800000578-345_964x554.jpg

That black North Face gilet is pimpin as fuck. I've been meaning to buy one of those for a while.

Also, that black jacket on his left, is that Abercrombie? Can't find it on the website...

I'm very suspicious of all the sudden reports of rioting at Westfield and "petrol bombs" being thrown on the A10.

Bloody hysteria.

Edit: Also, can we stop quoting from the Daily Mail - let's not give those scumbags any traffic please.

Zomba13

Meus Renaissance said:
http://k.min.us/ij86pe.jpg[IMG]

I laughed at the whey protein[/QUOTE]
Mr exposed in deed. Nice to make it easier for the cops to find him when all this is done with. Nice clear shot of his face too :)

loosus said:
I know I'm an outsider looking in, but why doesn't the military simply wipe these people out? I mean, that seems the next logical step after having tried to reason with them. You can't simply go around burning things down or damaging property -- period.
You don't use the military on your own people. The police should handle this. They are equipped to handle rioters.

FOOTE

Meus Renaissance said:
http://k.min.us/ij86pe.jpg[IMG]

I laughed at the whey protein[/QUOTE]
:lol me too.

Good luck you guys. I hope your police can get this under control soon. Sounds terrifying.

[QUOTE=Oblivion]Let's just look at the facts.

-England is currently having mass riots.
[B]-Freedomworld (aka the U.S.A. (rhyme!)) does not currently have mass rioting.
[/B]
Need I say more?[/QUOTE]

Not that I want riots, but I'm hoping the people here are much more publicly vocal soon.

loosus

Banned
ClosingADoor said:
You don't use the military on your own people. The police should handle this. They are equipped to handle rioters.
Then what exactly is the problem? Why is this still happening?

Detox

Lazlo Woodbine said:
Utterly pointless. Ten years ago this would have probably fizzled out in the course of a night but now we've got twitter/facebook, these idiotic flashmob type events are all the more common (and sadly easier to sustain).

This isn't a race issue btw, it's an 'inner London shithole' issue. Why are people so eager to to politicize this kind of mindless violence?
Yup flashmobs, inner city youth that won't work a day in their life and a lot of looters taking advantage. I saw some people saying they were going to loot while others mainly youths for the trouble. Also there were a lot of cars driving around waiting for things to kick off so they could start looting.

Zomba13

Gemüsestäbchen said:
Stop stirring
sh
it up.

Just checked the guy's twitter account:

MrExposed Gym Jones
"RT @__Darling_: @mrexposed. IS THIS YOU WITH STOLEN GOODS? http://twitpic.com/62m6nx” < Fuck No"

Sure the name is not "Keith Keith", but definitely the same twitter account.
He's not exactly going to admit it if it was is he?

Oh wow. Seems that pic is now gone from that link.

-viper-

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
Westfield's mall is now under attack/being targeted. That's South London. It's spreading through the capital, fuck.
I hope they all get shot in the head.

After murderers and rapists, there is nothing more I despise more than robbers and thieves. Absolute cunts.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Why can't the police just shoot them with rubber bullets?

You got plenty of people holding projectiles close to the police. They would be easy targets.

The only time I see police using rubber bullets are on anti-globalization protesters, usually the ones not doing any shit.

That guy is an idiot.

Also, about 20 police vans went down Green Lanes just now, I heard them and my dad drove past them...

Ether_Snake said:
Why can't the police just shoot them with rubber bullets?

You got plenty of people holding projectiles close to the police. They would be easy targets.

All the good anti-riot stuff is in Northern Ireland. IMO, they should bring in a group from the PSNI to show how it's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom