• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baki

fortified_concept said:
I won't expand on why I'm on the side of these demonstrators, everyone who knows me as a poster knows that's I'll always be on the side of the poor and disenfranchised even when they respond violently and I always think there are more reasons than the obvious for large scale uprisings.

What I want to stress here is how just like the wikileaks case western "democracy" is showing its true colours when it's cornered. Cameron is talking about bringing the military and censoring the internet to "stop these riots". Their hypocrisy, fascistic tendencies and propaganda are starting to become apparent even to the simpleminded retards that vote for these scum while the youth already despises all of them, the politicians, the bankers, the rest of the greedy rich scum that influence the political process, and their instruments of violence. I also love how the corporate/government media are painting these as "riots" while the word is "insurrection" or "violent demonstrations" if it happens to countries they have no interests in or how they're focusing on the looting as if the anger of these young people they're expressing through these demonstrations is just about looting or looting is the main reason behind all this.

There's something that Assange said a while ago in a Democracy Now panel with Zizek that was stuck in my head. He said that the attempt at censoring his organization from the american government, corporations and banks isn't a bad thing, it's actually great news. It shows that they're finally starting to panic. It shows that their "democracy" is forced to show its true colours because they're afraid and the more they're panicking the more their real intentions will be exposed so the more the people will wake up and the more they'll panic. I'm glad I live in a time when the true face of the western oligarchy masked as democracy will finally be revealed. I don't know what will happen then but the latest huge demonstrations throughout the world showed me that there's a glimmer of hope for humanity afterall.

Also, Darcus Howe for PM.

I hope they burn down your house. Lets see you side with them after that.

Negaiido

Furret said:
Did you actually read any of that yourself? "Relative poverty" "Below average income"?

These are the sort of first world problems that should seem laughable if they weren't so tragically overexaggrated by idiots like you.

And don't bother replying, I'm going to bed and whatever you'd say would be wrong anyway.

I am going to reply to your utter bullcrap. Like I said before I'm not here to justificate my words. If you think that Britain and specifically London is really rich then I'd like you to ask any person who live in Tottenham(or any other area). If you listen to any person being interviewed on BBC or whatever channel you hear that people aren't as fortunate as you might be.

Don't be so ignorant, please help yourself on that part. Don't tell me what to do then I won't tell you what to do either.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Meh, it could be from The Sun for I care, but that's the tone I'm getting (not Marxist mind you).

If anything it's a kickback against the class warfare of some of the most privileged people in the world blaming everything on people with less. Small c conservative innit blud.

Gaming4Lyfe

Neo Member
Dead Man said:
Of course the majority of criminals have a prior criminal record. Big shock. That doesn't really mean anything else without more information about them.

Edit: And you forgot the following to your selective little quote:

I saw David Duke video on this subject on youtube. If you know who he is, you already know what he is going to say about this LOL

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
fortified_concept said:
I won't expand on why I'm on the side of these demonstrators, everyone who knows me as a poster knows that's I'll always be on the side of the poor and disenfranchised even when they respond violently and I always think there are more reasons than the obvious for large scale uprisings.

What I want to stress here is how just like the wikileaks case western "democracy" is showing its true colours when it's cornered. Cameron is talking about bringing the military and censoring the internet to "stop these riots". Their hypocrisy, fascistic tendencies and propaganda are starting to become apparent even to the simpleminded retards that vote for these scum while the youth already despises all of them, the politicians, the bankers, the rest of the greedy rich scum that influence the political process, and their instruments of violence. I also love how the corporate/government media are painting these as "riots" while the word is "insurrection" or "violent demonstrations" if it happens to countries they have no interests in or how they're focusing on the looting as if the anger of these young people they're expressing through these demonstrations is just about looting or looting is the main reason behind all this.

There's something that Assange said a while ago in a Democracy Now panel with Zizek that was stuck in my head. He said that the attempt at censoring his organization from the american government, corporations and banks isn't a bad thing, it's actually great news. It shows that they're finally starting to panic. It shows that their "democracy" is forced to show its true colours because they're afraid and the more they're panicking the more their real intentions will be exposed so the more the people will wake up and the more they'll panic. I'm glad I live in a time when the true face of the western oligarchy masked as democracy will finally be revealed. I don't know what will happen then but the latest huge demonstrations throughout the world showed me that there's a glimmer of hope for humanity afterall.

Also, Darcus Howe for PM.

Wow, there's devil's advocate and then there's this.

More Fun To Compute said:
If anything it's a kickback against the class warfare of some of the most privileged people in the world blaming everything on people with less. Small c conservative innit blud.
I dunno the only people talking about the poor being blamed are on the left and not even that many. I've pointed out and so have others that the scum rioting are not the poor and that the poor are actually decent folks working hard.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
I dunno the only people talking about the poor being blamed are on the left and not even that many. I've pointed out and so have others that the scum rioting are not the poor and that the poor are actually decent folks working hard.

I suppose that this is a reaction to Cameron saying that certain parts of our country are sick and that he is going to become a moral crusader. We might then ask if he is going to start at the top or bottom.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14500869
A 68-year-old man who was critically injured as he tried he tried to stamp out a fire during riots in west London has died, Scotland Yard has said.

Richard Mannington Bowes suffered head injuries in an attack in Ealing on Monday night and was left in a coma.

Police have launched a murder inquiry and issued a CCTV image of a suspect.

He is the fourth person to have died in the recent disorder - three men died in Birmingham after being hit by a car while protecting property on Tuesday.

Haroon Jahan, 21, Shazad Ali, 30, and Abdul Musavir, 31, were struck as they stood in a crowd on the pavement in Winson Green, Birmingham.

On Thursday, West Midlands Police said two boys, aged 16 and 17, and a man, 26, had been arrested on suspicion of murder.

A 32-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder on Wednesday has been bailed.

Negaiido said:
I am going to reply to your utter bullcrap. Like I said before I'm not here to justificate my words. If you think that Britain and specifically London is really rich then I'd like you to ask any person who live in Tottenham(or any other area). If you listen to any person being interviewed on BBC or whatever channel you hear that people aren't as fortunate as you might be.

Don't be so ignorant, please help yourself on that part. Don't tell me what to do then I won't tell you what to do either.
A lot of looters turn out to be just average people with normal incomes. People who just jump at the opportunity to get some free stuff.

And the poor get help from the government. They get money for food, clothing, housing. They aren't starving. They just need to handle their money better in a lot of cases.

Hell, I see that even with my friends who are making money, but just spent it on stupid shit. Maybe not get that $50 a month cellphone plan, maybe not buy that 500$ tv and three $60 games a month. And then they complain about not having money and how I have it so easy...

Now I'm not saying people don't have a right to complain about their circumstances or anything, because growing up in some neighbourhoods is just worse. But just look at yourself from time to time and don't constantly blame the government or 'the rich'.

slider

ClosingADoor said:
A lot of looters turn out to be just average people with normal incomes. People who just jump at the opportunity to get some free stuff.

And the poor get help from the government. They get money for food, clothing, housing. They aren't starving. They just need to handle their money better in a lot of cases.

Hell, I see that even with my friends who are making money, but just spent it on stupid shit. Maybe not get that $50 a month cellphone plan, maybe not buy that 500$ tv and three $60 games a month. And then they complain about not having money and how I have it so easy...

Now I'm not saying people don't have a right to complain about their circumstances or anything, because growing up in some neighbourhoods is just worse. But just look at yourself from time to time and don't constantly blame the government or 'the rich'.

At the most abstract level it's up to the government to make a society that enables people to prosper (yeah, I said abstract!). I haven't really been paying attention past the end of my nose but I have a feeling that a lot of folk have trouble accepting responsibility. And with that comes blaming others I guess. Is that the society they live in or the human condition? I'd probably side with the latter but what do I know.

BTW, just wanted to say I love your avatar. I swear you had a similar style dog before too. Awesome.

Ashes

Banned
Mark Duggan was the nephew of Manchester gangland boss Desmond "Dessie" Noonan, who hinted on TV that he was responsible for 27 murders.

Sun.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
BocoDragon said:
1 person robs and vandalizes = a lone nut

30 people rob and vandalize = a criminal gang

100s+ rob and vandalize = a social movement in protest of inequality and injustice

Bollocks.

You just had 100s+ who saw people getting something for nothing, and did the same because they hadn't been taught any better.

Deku

Banned
DECK'ARD said:
Bollocks.

You just had 100s+ who saw people getting something for nothing, and did the same because they hadn't been taught any better.

So is the 101st person to join in less wrong because the first 100 was already doing it or is the cut off at 99 more appropriate?

Way to miss the point.

Jezbollah

Watching Sky News this morning - they are starting to interview the proud looters boasting of their hauls.

Proper, proper scroats.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Deku said:
So is the 101st person to join in less wrong because the first 100 was already doing it or is the cut off at 99 more appropriate?

Way to miss the point.

Monkey see, monkey do.

Social movement my arse, it's a breakdown in respect for authority. From the parents, to the education system, to the police. That has to be addressed, but there was nothing on their mind during the riots except how they'd gain or could attack others with no comeback.

Deku

Banned
DECK'ARD said:
Monkey see, monkey do.

Social movement my arse, it's a breakdown in respect for authority. From the parents, to the education system, to the police. That has to be addressed, but there was nothing on their mind during the riots except how they'd gain or could attack others with no comeback.

So you're excuse is 'everyone else is doing it'.

I think most people pass through that phase before age 10.

Edit: And the post you responded to wasn't arguing it was a social movement, it's arguing against it.

dalin80

Banned
Dan27 said:
Watching Sky News this morning - they are starting to interview the proud looters boasting of their hauls.

Proper, proper scroats.

with a bit of luck the police were watching too, the have been using the normal and social media outlets as resources to find those involved, there were hundreds of home raids yesterday and there is expected to be hundreds again today so there is a good chance that those scum will get collared.

Also a lot of folk who nicked various top end phones and computers etc. may be in for a bit of a surprise when they try to use them.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Deku said:
So you're excuse is 'everyone else is doing it'.

I think most people pass through that phase before age 10.

Edit: And the post you responded to wasn't arguing it was a social movement, it's arguing against it.

No, *their* excuse was everyone else is doing it so why shouldn't I.

With no perceived comeback for their actions, it snowballed. Whatever statement was being made by some in the beginning soon disappeared under a tide of selfishness.

Deku

Banned
DECK'ARD said:
No, *their* excuse was everyone else is doing it so why shouldn't I.

With no perceived comeback for their actions, it snowballed. Whatever statement was being made by some in the beginning soon disappeared under a tide of selfishness.

That excuse is basically the same with 'why shouldn't I' attached.

That is, it's not an excuse.

Osietra

Banned
It's pretty pathetic that so-called black community leaders seem to have been pretty quiet. The recurring phrase 'abdication of responsibility' keeps on keeping on.

Flatline said:
Is there even an update on the Birmingham murders?

I remember one of the news channels reporting that the cops had arrested two teens as well as the guy they arrested on the night.

Not much else.

kitch9

Banned
Teh Hamburglar said:
Brits need more style. even when cops come to arrest these guys days later they're still wearing those damn hoodies.

They are the mark of a twat, some of them have them welded to their backs....

Baki said:
I hope they burn down your house. Lets see you side with them after that.
How would you fix the world?

I know how I'd do it... But how would you?

They say power corrupts... The problem is that inherently people aren't 'good'. The problem is that inherently everyone is selfish above everything else because no one really knows anyone else but themselves.

So I say again - how does the world get fixed?

dalin80

Banned
The murder investigation will go much slower and quiter then the other convictions being pushed through at the moment, the police wont risk such a massive case by rushing it just to get some headlines.

On other notes while it looks as if the riots are well over now after a couple of quite nights-

-A rioter who swore at police has been sentenced to 10 weeks in prison
-The Met police (london) have arrested 1000 police, about 500 of which have been charged
-The mugger of the malaysian student has been arrested
-The arsonist of miss selfridges has also been arrested
-Several arrests have been made in connection of the murders.
-A student was released with a £150 fine for being in possession of 2 stolen shirts, he was let off easy as there was no proof he had stole them himself and that as he had a job interview the court was lenient as to give him a chance of a legal future, although I doubt a criminal record will help that much.
-judge tells youth to take hands out of pockets, he replies trousers would fall down as belt removed in custody.
-A fund for a 89-year-old barber whose shop was smashed in Tottenham, has raised £13,500
- judges comments to one offender ''People like you, who have all the benefits of this country, which others, in other countries would pray for, you bring shame and disgrace upon the country as a whole, and upon yourselves and your families. You do nothing constructive, all you do is destructive.''
-A 11 year old girl has been given a 9 month referral order for criminal damage.
-A second-year university law student faces a night in the cells after she was was remanded in custody.
-15 year old Birmingham boy is in custody for stealing 13 packets of fruit gums and 21 Yorkie bars.
-A 17-year-old trainee dancer gave herself after her picture was published in the paper and on television.
-A 22-year-old estate agent up for stealing from PC world in Colliers Wood, South London.
-Any individual who lost property or suffered damage during riots will be compensated under the Riot Act. People given 42 days to make claim, instead of the usual 14.
-Police to be given new powers to make people remove face masks, but will this extend to anything that covers a face? eg a burkha?
-Around 100 families have been made homeless by the riots and are receiving help from local authorities, the government will cover the costs of re-homing under the riot act.
-The riot act will also cover and losses charities have incurred although its only worded to cover businesses.
-A man has been jailed for 8 months for stealing £75 of clothing.

arrests upto yesterday midday

London: 888
Birmingham: 330
Manchester: 145
Nottingham: 105
Merseyside: 74
Gloucester: 18
Thames Valley: 15
Yorkshire: 6
Cambridge: 5
Lancashire: 3
Slough: 1
TOTAL: 1590

Expected to be about 1/5th of those involved, many more expected in coming weeks.

Jamie OD

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...t-for-hurling-bricks-at-cops-115875-23338213/

Teenage Olympics 2012 ambassador Chelsea Ives is led into court in handcuffs yesterday accused of vandalising a police car.

In a major blow to the Games image, the talented athlete, 18, was also said to have smashed up a Phones4U shop in riots.

Her mum called 999 after apparently spotting her on TV. Adrienne, 47, said: “I had to do what was right.”

Ives was taken into court early yesterday as magistrates in London, Manchester and Birmingham sat in unprecedented all-night hearings to deal with rioters.

The teenager was one of the young role models picked to encourage youngsters to take up sport in the run-up to 2012.

She has met Olympics chief Sebastian Coe, Boris Johnson and footballer Martin Keown. In 2009, Ives was invited to the Commons after the success of a football project run by Leyton Orient community sport programme.

But on Sunday night she was captured on camera allegedly causing more than £5,000 damage by hurling bricks at a police car in Enfield, North London.

Westminster magistrates court was told Ives boasted to friends she had “the best day ever”.

Becky Owen, prosecuting, claimed the youngster also led an attack on a phone store. She said: “She was first to pick up masonry and hurl it at the window.”

Following the case, mum Adrienne said the decision to call police about her daughter was “gut wrenching”.

But Mrs Ives added: “My husband and I were watching the news and it was absolutely sickening. And then we saw our daughter. I could not believe it.

“She won’t thank us. I will be portrayed as a b**** – but what were we supposed to do?”

Ives denied two charges of burglary, violent disorder and attacking a police car. She was refused bail and remanded in custody until next week when she will appear in court again.

Thugs convicted of the rioting will be banned from working as security at the Olympics.

When I read this I thought it was one of the actual atheletes who would be competing in the games next year.

Another looter named and shamed, Laura Johnson, 19. (the brunette) stole 5k worth of electrical goods.

NOmcL.jpg

Her current home,

flX3w.jpg

More >>here<<

THE CHARITY WORKER: Barry Naine, 42, who works for a St Mungo's homeless hostel in Lewisham, appeared in court charged with burglary.

He is accused of breaking into Primark in Peckham and was remanded in custody.

THE POSTMAN: Jeffrey Ebanks, 32, and his student nephew Jamal Ebanks, 18, were allegedly caught in a car stuffed with electrical goods near a looted Croydon superstore. The teenager, who admitted burglary, claimed he had been 'led astray' by his uncle.

THE SCHOOLBOY: Alexander McQuarrie, 16, from Ibrox, in Glasgow, was remanded in custody over claims he attempted to incite others to riot by setting up a Facebook group entitled 'Let's start a riot in Glasgow'.

THE NEW FATHER: Jason Matthews, 35, was arrested in a branch of Tesco in East Dulwich, South London, on Monday night.

Wearing a bandana over his face, he told police he 'was not one of the bad ones' and had gone out to get nappies.

THE FRAUDSTER: Two looters caught with a trolley laden with power tools worth £1,500 told police they did not care if they were stolen.

Convicted fraudster and thief Richard Myles-Palmer, 19, and friend Jason White, 22, were arrested in Southwark. The pair admitted theft and were told they face jail.

THE STUDENTS: A teenager who received taxpayer funding to complete his studies walked free after admitting stealing two Burberry T-shirts from a Hackney shop.

IT student David Attoh, 18, was told the two days he had spent in cells should serve as his punishment.

Adam Ozdas, 19, was stopped by police in Hackney while carrying a bottle of Southern Comfort, National Lottery scratchcards, tobacco, cash and sweets. The Hackney student claimed he found the goods and was on his way to a police station to hand them in.

Jack Onslow, 18, admitted raiding a Bethnal Green shop. The East Ham College student, who aspires to be a hairdresser, was found hiding in a fashion store.

THE DRUG DEALER: Haramein Mohammed, a 25-year-old convicted drug dealer, was caught trying to steal from a Costco warehouse in Walthamstow after being released from prison on licence.

THE LIFEGUARD: Aaron Mulholland, 30, who works at Peckham Pulse health club, wept as he appeared in court accused of joining thieves at Foneworld store in Camberwell.

His lawyer said he had 'learned his lesson' after spending two nights in a cell and was 'absolutely disgusted' with himself.

THE SCAFFOLDER: Christopher Heart, 23, shouted he was 'sorry for the inconvenience' and broke down in tears after admitting burglary.

The father of two was caught in JD Sports in Hackney.

:/

Speedymanic said:
Another looter named and shamed, Laura Johnson, 19. (the brunette) stole 5k worth of electrical goods.

http://i.imgur.com/NOmcL.jpg[/IG]

Her current home,

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/flX3w.jpg

More >>here<<

Greedy fuck. I mean, look at that fucking house!

Saw a lot of cops on the streets whilst cycling through Camden into town this morning. Assuming they're making a show for the weekend and will be around all day?

Very early start and long day if that's the case. Feel for them.

MLH

Speedymanic said:

Watching Question time last night and I find it funny that you had these overly liberal prats saying that the people involved were poor and underprivileged, that they were angry at cuts and all this rioting was just a cry out for help...

Clearly we can see a true picture of the people involved here; greedy buggers who just used the opportunity to get free stuff.

At least some of these people seem to be regretting what they did, so at least the justice system is working to an extent.

I actually consider myself more Liberal in political ideas, but not when it comes to criminal's rights.

Marco1

The Incarnation said:
And I find you can't read. Keyword YOU in what I said. Not people who I called Chavs, but YOU call.

I used to be in the Marines myself.

I served with the marines for seven years.
I was in 42 commando and then returned to Belfast.
Always glad to meet another marine.

MLH said:
Clearly we can see a true picture of the people involved here; greedy buggers who just used the opportunity to get free stuff.
It's like I said in the past, lots of people do this sort of shit simply because it's exciting. Totally retarded... but there you go.

It's like millionaires shoplifting for the buzz.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Speedymanic said:

http://i.imgur.com/NOmcL.jpg/IMG]

Her current home,

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/flX3w.jpg

More >>here<<

oh well Daddy may keep her safe with a slap in the wrist and a reduced inheirtence.....or hopefully he is a self made decent hardworking type of guy who feels ashamed by her and wont give her any more privledges...
either way HE shouldn't have to pay up for her mistakes she is not a minor, she should get the shame of prison, a criminal record and her father dissowning her.. what over 5K of earnings couldn't she wait until xmas??

justjohn

Osietra said:
It's pretty pathetic that so-called black community leaders seem to have been pretty quiet. The recurring phrase 'abdication of responsibility' keeps on keeping on.
First of all who are these black community leaders? Do all black people live in a single community?

Also why are you even bringing race into this? Are you blind or have seen the range of people looting and rioting? Twat.

THE SCAFFOLDER: Christopher Heart, 23, shouted he was 'sorry for the inconvenience' and broke down in tears after admitting burglary.

lol! Almost a Hitchhiker's guide quote. Would have been good.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
remnant said:
The only paragraph worth a shit.

Un-fucking believable that the left are using this moment as an opportunity to create a larger welfare presence. All their talk of cultural reform and embracing these kids is nothing but talk. Just increase the rolls and wait for them to shut up again.

Peter Oborne, the left?

Mikeside

radioheadrule83 said:
Do you ever wonder why you always find yourself at the heart of these debates, with people venting at you and ridiculing your positions? I would say that it seems to be what you want, what you crave.

I've seen you in the US poligaf threads, and you're obviously a good and thoughtful person. Now and then you have a good point to make. But you always, ALWAYS, default to almost risible far-left viewpoints whether you are in possession of facts or not, whether you have a stake in the matter or not, and regardless of your actual knowledge and experience.

Every one of us here in the UK, who are sitting mouth agape at just how lilly livered and ignorant you are being -- we aren't telling you that you are wrong about this because we're more centrist or right wing than you, we're telling you that you're wrong because you are.

These were NOT demonstrations. You have a very warped definition of demonstrations if you think that's what these were. Secondly, it seems to be an imperative of yours to characterise what these kids were feeling as anger, and what they were doing as insurrection or rebellion. The people who marched to the police station on Tottenham's High Road to demand answers and an inquiry into the death of Mark Duggan -- those were demonstrators. The people kicking shop windows in, looting, and committing assault and arson? Those were simply criminals filling a power vacuum once they realised that the police were caught off guard, too few in number, and too reluctant to risk another Ian Tomlinson debacle .

Do yourself a favour, go back through the thread, watch some videos, read some interviews - with the people actually doing those things. There are people here who grew up on council estates, or know people who did. People here who have family or friends with this mindset. There are people here who have been this calibre of tearaway when they were younger themselves. This is not some new phenomenon, and its certainly not a political uprising... there is inequality and injustice in Britain today, there is always inequality and injustice in any society. But this is a time of relative plenty compared to past generations, and this kind of widespread criminal action is unprecedented.

I'm as liberal as they come for a Briton, but I know that the issue here is not just inequality or some lack of socialist ideals -- it is the lack of structure in our society, the lack of responsibility, of respect and discipline... it is the result of having 2nd and 3rd generations of families in a long line of broken homes, and unemployment, and poor education. It is the result of criminal enterprise offering more to some people than regular enterprise. That is not to say that these people have acted out of political awareness of that reality:- the people here have long known that is the reality, and they have been resourceful enough to survive it without rioting before now. Social mobility is something that people care about here. I daresay we care about it and that we are more motivated to tackle it than Obama's lot over the pond.

What has happened here is that people have acted in riotous self interest, in the knowledge that they could smash things up and take things, and burn things -- with almost complete impunity. What they weren't going to keep, they were planning to sell. Obviously a persons place in society, their wealth or lack of it, factors into their decision to take these kind of criminal risks, but what everyone here in Britain knows is this: this is not something they had to do to stay above the breadline. They are provided for in that regard. This is not something that they *wanted* to do to stick it to "the man" or something. This is something they did because they wanted new things, or because they wanted to sell things. Some of them were definitely in it for capitalist gain. The ones who committed assault and arson, and pelted the police? They were engaging in one-upsmanship with one another and brinksmanship with the law... they were having fun doing whatever they could get away with. And make no mistake, they won't be talking themselves up to their mates as though they are some kind of working class heroes: they will be gloating about what hard, 'bad' men they are and sharing stories of the things that they got away with.

Here YOU are trying to romanticise them as some sort of struggling proletariat... please.

This is a far cry from some of the riots in Britain in the 1970s and 80s, which many of us here would have probably supported... this was criminal exploitation of a power and authority vacuum.

It was exacerbated by the effect of instant news and instant messaging -- rioters were able to pick targets and to evade heavily policed areas. Yes, the same kind of dynamic, on-line mobilisation that helped actual demonstrations and opposition movements in other countries. The government talking about restricting social media in a time of crisis is purely bluster -- they know it will never fly, and they know that actually, it would make them look as bad as Iran or North Korea. I dare say that in the coming weeks, social media will actually help pin point some of the perpetrators of these crimes, because a lot of them were dumb enough to post pictures of their loot on twitpic, or gloat about their hoard on facebook. I am sure that is the conclusion the government will come to, be in no doubt all you tin foil hatters out there...

Again, f_c... watch the interviews. Hear the words. They are quite frank about it. They did it for the adventure, they did it because they could, they did it because it was a laugh, they did it for the freebies. Had they thought there was any real prospect of being caught and locked up? They wouldn't have done it for three nights running. Its that simple.

There's not a thing I disagree with here - well said on every point made.

Zenith

Banned
DECK'ARD said:
Bollocks.

It's a joke. He's making fun of fortified_concepts' broken logic.

This thread is all the way depressing. I won't be happy unless every single idiot involved gets skewered, and this isn't a heat of the moment being-upset thing, they deserve to be punished for being a mindless fuck.

Had they smashed the windows of some police station, I wouldn't say anything, but pretending that getting several people killed and leaving even more people homeless is somehow justified because the police killed a bad guy (Justified or not) is far and away the single most flat-out stupid thing I've seen all year.

I'll bet my pinky that 40% or more of the looters out there would go "Huh? Like violence or something" when you ask them what the original cause of the riot was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom