• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like this brave young freedom fighter got a nice haul!

xPzKM.jpg

Well, The whole "They should go to school" response is pretty redundant.

In an education system that doesn't really cater to their needs, where they leave at 16 with a handful of E's, Released into a job market that has nothing for them. What are they supposed to do?

I'm not sympathising with them. I just completely disagree with the attitude that they are are thugs and scum.

MattyH

More Fun To Compute said:
As a black country lad I have to say that people from Birmingham are basically vermin and you have to expect the worst from them in all situations.

But more seriously I have no idea why they want to do anything apart from Birmingham also having a lively gang culture.

cant see it kicking off in brum tbf

Cj70

They are putting lives at risk with the fires, bricks and petrol bombs. They aren't people we should pity with poor prospects and no hope. Life is what you make of it.

All necessary action should be taken to pacify these disturbances. Water cannons, tear gas, tasers, rubber bullets, whatever it takes to get the message across that this isn't acceptable.

The police are scared to take action because of the complaints they've had of overhanded actions in the past but we really need them now.

dcdobson

-viper- said:
i bet all of the criminals have zero qualifications and probably failed their year 9 SATS nevermind A-levels or GCSEs.

if they were all killed, it would be a good thing for the country.
Jesus Christ, dude. Take it down a notch.

Zomba13

Kentpaul said:
Only way to stop this shit would be to release MW3 tomorrow, shit would give these out of control fools something to do
Yeah, riot again and smash in some GAME and gamestation windows and nick a few copies.

UV-6

One way of dealing with this is to get a bunch of military tough guys, disguise them with hoodies, mix in with the crowd and strike the groups that cause or start looting. I mean like tackle 'em and 'cuff them after, nothing too violent. You send these guys to wherever the action is and before you know it, there's distrust between the rioters and they'll start to turn on each other. Or at the very least they'll start to back off due to the growing number of arrests.

Subliminal said:

In an education system that doesn't really cater to their needs, where they leave at 16 with a handful of E's, Released into a job market that has nothing for them. What are they supposed to do?

I'm not sympathising with them. I just completely disagree with the attitude that they are are thugs and scum.
I am young and unemployed with no degree
They are young, unemployed with no degree and are thugs and scum

Detox

Meus Renaissance said:
1/4 of the entire country's police force is in London trying to deal with this can't cope. If police are being brought in from outside London, then what's going to happen if this spreads to other cities?
Same thing that happened in Tottenham. All the police went to the High Rd and the the retail park was gutted.

Subliminal said:

If you actually knew what these people are like you wouldn't give a fuck about them. They are content with never working in their entire lives. Near where I live there is this family where one of them told me ever since he can remember since his great grandfather no one in his family has ever worked a day in their life. Living off benefits, these people are just scum.

Blair

Banned
Strummerjones said:
I just got turfed out of the gym in Romford about 30 minutes ago. The Police are telling all the shops to shut and people to go home, but I didn't see much going on save a few isolated gangs of kids about (business as usual then!). There were two Po a squad car parked up

-viper-

Banned
Subliminal said:

should've worked harder then. if i got AABa for my a-levels and i am in a medical college, these people should have no excuse.

i've never been a 'genius'. all it takes is hard work. should have focussed on their exams instead of going out at night, loitering outside shops or mcdonalds whilst smoking cigarettes.

THEY are at fault. the system allows you to do well if you put the effort your self. no one is going to spoon feed you.

best option is to 'nuke them into orbit'.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
KennyLinder said:
The fucking dogs are now. They are trying to run after the criminals but the police are holding them back.

I'd rather avoid any pain to those fine dogs. Just bring the rubber bullets already.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
See a shop in Peckham burning. I was born and raised in Peckham.
Very sad to see but I'm not surprised. Given how hopeless the youth feels these days. Events like these were inevitable. Lord knows what it's going to be like by the end of the week.

kottila

Their really trying to break that Ladbrokes window. Must be stupid to think they keep their money easily acceptable around even on days where there's no warning about riots.

Zomba13

BlazingDarkness said:
I am young and unemployed with no degree
They are young, unemployed with no degree and are thugs and scum
This tbh. You can be young, unemployed and have trouble finding a job without being degenerate scum.

Apparently Hackney kicked off after one guy got stopped and searched. He refused and another police van came. Public surrounded the scene and started to yell at the police to let him go. More police vans arrived on the scene and then missiles began to be thrown including petrol bombs and fireworks

That fire is ripping through the building. Jesus.

I fail to believe that not taking force is doing good for the situation. Hose them, bat them, let the dogs on them. Watch the little cunts run away and crawl back to their shithole.

Subliminal said:

Seriously? What are the special needs of these people? Why can normal kids go to school and live a peaceful life, but these fucks can't?

Sure, they grow up in a bad neighbourhood, but that doesn't mean you should just give up and throw your life away. It's their life, they should get their shit together like normal people. That's what they are supposed to do.

Foliorum Viridum said:
There's no ideology mate. The police shooting may have kicked it off, but since then it's just been cunts being cunts for the sake of it.

These people all around the country would do this all the time if they could.

@Funky Papa too.

It's insane, absolutely insane. I'm 21, so I wasn't around for the 85' riots in Tottenham, but I know how bad people can be. This is just madness. It's spreading like a fire for fuck sake. :/

Funny thing is, I've got my assessment next week for my voluntary position as a Met Police officer. -_- Makes me want to do get through even more now.

Off-topic, but does anyone know how to multi quote, wanted to quote funky papa, couldn't figure it out.

Thanks.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The police are doing an amazing job under the circumstances. They could have gone in heavy and further inflamed the situation.

-viper-

Banned
ClosingADoor said:
Seriously? What are the special needs of these people? Why can normal kids go to school and live a peaceful life, but these fucks can't?

Sure, they grow up in a bad neighbourhood, but that doesn't mean you should just give up and throw your life away. It's their life, they should get their shit together like normal people. That's what they are supposed to do.
they're simply cunts.

i'll probably blame the parents for not forcing the kids to focus on their studies IMO.

giving them too much freedom to do whatever the fuck they want. in fact these kids don't even have the basics right i.e. good manners.

-viper- said:
i bet all of the criminals have zero qualifications and probably failed their year 9 SATS nevermind A-levels or GCSEs.

if they were all killed, it would be a good thing for the country.

Are you this much of a cunt in real life or just on the internet?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The English Conquistador said:
Off-topic, but does anyone know how to multi quote, wanted to quote funky papa, couldn't figure it out.

Thanks.
Hit quote again in another tab and paste the code or clic on the bubble icon on top and paste the text you want to quote
quote.gif

-viper-

Banned
cyberheater said:
The police are doing an amazing job under the circumstances. They could have gone in heavy and further inflamed the situation.
i have huge respect for the police for what they are doing. putting themselves in harms way to protect the public and try to restore order.

stilgar

radioheadrule83 said:
If my car had gone up in flames, or someone tried to set fire to a shop that I fucking lived above, I would be livid and I'd be out for blood.

And you expect the police to behave the same way? Come on, I read your posts sometimes, you know it would be equally as stupid as the looters.

Hari Seldon

KennyLinder said:
The fucking dogs are now. They are trying to run after the criminals but the police are holding them back.

I always wondered why police bring dogs to riots when they *never* actually loose them.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Subliminal said:

there is no social circumstance which can justify a mentality that sees fit to burn people's homes down without prejudice or concern for those living inside.

that takes a special kind of cunt.

-viper-

Banned
stilgar said:
And you expect the police to behave the same way? Come on, I read your posts sometimes, you know it would be equally as stupid as the looters.
it worked for US and UK against Iraq and Afghanistan!

Furret

Banned
Subliminal said:
Don't think that the attitude of many people in this thread is appropriate.

This is because of a systemic failure of policing, education and communities in London. There are loads of young people who feel completely alienated, there are no jobs, they have no money, they have nowhere to turn but to gangs and violence.

The whole of urban london has loads of social difficulties, thankfully race hasn't become an issue, Its mostly discontent with government inaction and a society that alienates them

What a pile of shit.

So basically the fault is with everyone except the feral scum who are looting and destroying their own community?

Go to school, get a job, become a real person. It's not hard. GAF has someone who was brought up in that area and is now a Hollywood screenwriter. Clearly he felt there was somewhere to turn to.

Gary Whitta said:
Looks like this brave young freedom fighter got a nice haul!

http://i.imgur.com/xPzKM.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

:/

One glimmer of hope is that most of those Blu Rays and games will be useless if they were stolen from HMV as they'll be security tagged.

Detox said:
If you actually knew what these people are like you wouldn't give a fuck about them. They are content with never working in their entire lives. Near where I live there is this family where one of them told me ever since he can remember since his great grandfather no one in his family has ever worked a day in their life. Living off benefits, these people are just scum.

Oh, right so I see you have met one family, so you're assuming that every family that is vaguely similar are workshy benefit frauds? Get of your fucking daily mail high horse, not everyone in the working class is trying to take your money. You cant assume that all these people are 'scum' and that this is all about people trying to steal stuff. I do condem the looting but its not what this is about.

-viper- said:
should've worked harder then. if i got AABa for my a-levels and i am in a medical college, these people should have no excuse.

i've never been a 'genius'. all it takes is hard work. should have focussed on their exams instead of going out at night, loitering outside shops or mcdonalds whilst smoking cigarettes.

THEY are at fault. the system allows you to do well if you put the effort your self. no one is going to spoon feed you.

best option is to 'nuke them into orbit'.

Bullshit. You can't argue that because you, someone who has done very well, and got a good amount out of the education system is the average. Not everyone is academic or even gives a shit about most school subjects, And education is failing completely with them. There is no point in putting someone who is not academic in a classroom and forcing them to sit through a maths GCSE. You seem to be assuming that there is a whole section of society that doesn't want to work or succeed. Whilst there may be certain individuals with no hopes or dreams the vast majority have simply been failed by the system.

Raydeen

SKY news...Hackney resident Dr Finn Nesbitt "I had my camera confisticated by a bunch of fringe protestors". So you got mugged? Fucking liberal twat.

stilgar

Subliminal said:

This + mob effect = they behave like scum and should be arrested for this. But stop demanding blood, it's just childish.

Funky Papa said:
Hit quote again in another tab and paste the code or clic on the bubble icon on top and paste the text you want to quote
quote.gif

Thank you brother.

I was going thinking bout passing on my Police assessment, but all this chaos has reinforced my reasons for joining.

I wonder if they'll reach Camden, since they're already at Angel. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom