• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Subliminal said:
Oh, right so I see you have met one family, so you're assuming that every family that is vaguely similar are workshy benefit frauds? Get of your fucking daily mail high horse, not everyone in the working class is trying to take your money. You cant assume that all these people are 'scum' and that this is all about people trying to steal stuff. I do condem the looting but its not what this is about.
Ummm... I think we can. It is an extremely scummy thing to burn and loot your own community. And burning shops that have people LIVING above them and not giving a single shit about any effects of your actions. These people are scum. It doesn't matter what lead them to do this shit, it's scummy and they are scum. They aren't misunderstood youths not given a chance. They are fucking arsonists and thieves rioting because they want chaos and free shit.

Furret

Banned
Subliminal said:
Oh, right so I see you have met one family, so you're assuming that every family that is vaguely similar are workshy benefit frauds? Get of your fucking daily mail high horse, not everyone in the working class is trying to take your money. You cant assume that all these people are 'scum' and that this is all about people trying to steal stuff. I do condem the looting but its not what this is about.

Bullshit. You can't argue that because you, someone who has done very well, and got a good amount out of the education system is the average. Not everyone is academic or even gives a shit about most school subjects, And education is failing completely with them. There is no point in putting someone who is not academic in a classroom and forcing them to sit through a maths GCSE. You seem to be assuming that there is a whole section of society that doesn't want to work or succeed. Whilst there may be certain individuals with no hopes or dreams the vast majority have simply been failed by the system.

These people are not working class, that would imply they had any interest in doing an honest day's work.

What are you classifying as "non-academic"? If you mean you stupid then they can go work on a farm or join the army. If you mean lazy they can fuck off and stop setting fire to people's houses.

Education cannot not fail those who want to be educated. The fault is theirs and so must the remedy be.

-viper-

Banned
Zomba13 said:
Ummm... I think we can. It is an extremely scummy thing to burn and loot your own community. And burning shops that have people LIVING above them and not giving a single shit about any effects of your actions. These people are scum. It doesn't matter what lead them to do this shit, it's scummy and they are scum. They aren't misunderstood youths not given a chance. They are fucking arsonists and thieves rioting because they want chaos and free shit.
Precisely. They're all cunts of the earth.

Anyone can 'choose' to either study or wank about midnight with weed after school days. It's a choice.

These rioters all made their decisions and are now paying the price.

Goldrusher

I don't understand.

Where's the tear gas ? The water cannon ? The pepper spray ? The bullets ?

YH25_EU-SUMMIT-_0324_11_1.jpg.h513.jpg.767.jpg

Add some coloring to the water to identify the criminals the next day.

Blauw_water.jpg.h380.jpg.568.jpg

Subliminal said:
These people aren't working class. They haven't worked a day in their lives. They are criminals, nothing more, nothing less.

Bullshit. You can't argue that because you, someone who has done very well, and got a good amount out of the education system is the average. Not everyone is academic or even gives a shit about most school subjects, And education is failing completely with them. There is no point in putting someone who is not academic in a classroom and forcing them to sit through a maths GCSE. You seem to be assuming that there is a whole section of society that doesn't want to work or succeed. Whilst there may be certain individuals with no hopes or dreams the vast majority have simply been failed by the system.
So because someone has done well, he can't complain that fucks who haven't are rioting in the streets and looting shops? What kind of logic is that?

Guess what, everyone has their problems. Sure, not everyone can become a doctor or get a high paying job. But everyone can be a decent person and make the decision to not engage in criminal activity and burn buildings down.

stilgar

ClosingADoor said:
These people aren't working class. They haven't worked a day in their lives. They are criminals, nothing more, nothing less.

What? Look at the previous page please, and have a quick glance at the photos and their subtitles.

-viper-

Banned
Goldrusher said:
I don't understand.

Where's the tear gas ? The water cannon ? The pepper spray ? The bullets ?

YH25_EU-SUMMIT-_0324_11_1.jpg.h513.jpg.767.jpg

Add some coloring to the water to identify the criminals the next day.

Blauw_water.jpg.h380.jpg.568.jpg
Hint: UK Government are too scared.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
They are not protesting, Subliminal. They are looting and arsoning whenever there is no police presence to stop them.

Again, they are not fighting the police nor shouting their discontent: they are doing what they always wanted to do but couldn't out of fear of getting sent to prison. Now that they know that the police are not being effective, they are having a grand time unleashing their inner desires.

Furret

Banned
kottila said:
not to defend anyone, but that's kind of the problem with high unemployment isn't it?

No, it isn't. Unemployment in the UK isn't particularly high, there are plenty of non-skilled jobs for those that want it.

But these scum would rather steal and loot, and then blame hard-working immigrants for 'stealing their jobs'.

Detox

Subliminal said:
Calm down I live right next to these people. I grew up with most of them in the shithole and still live in the same area. These people don't give a fuck about school, if they had the strength they would beat up the teachers. All they do at school is bully the younger kids for their money they don't care about education. None of these are working class they have never worked a day in their life and won't until something shocking happens that changes their life like having kids. They are the people who look for trouble in every small thing and are taking advantage of the situation in Tottenham to go out looting. Why the fuck would they destroy their own neighbourhood the same place the same shops buy their food from, the place where their friends and family live? The scum have scared the working class, the local businesses from opening their own shops up eventually this will hurt the working classes livelihoods.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
The BBC coverage is stunning. It's like watching a movie. The bit with the police running on the right and the top down shot on the left of the rioters running was amazing.

Lucius86

Banned
cyberheater said:
The BBC coverage is stunning. It's like watching a movie. The bit with the police running on the right and the top down shot on the left of the rioters running was amazing.

Sorry, but seeing this is not amazing. I know what you mean though.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
My brother lives in Twickenham. I hope it doesn't move there :(

So Birmingham is getting it as well. Seems the Bullring Shopping Centre is under attack.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
FYI, water cannons can be quite dangerous. A full blow to the face at short distance could rupture your eyeballs. I'm not saying that they couldn't be useful, but they are a resource that should be used in very particular situations.

Chinner

Banned
shooting in leeds at chapeltown, second shooting in the same area this week. probably best im not in leeds at the moment.

MasterShotgun said:
Can you (or anyone else) provide a link to the live stream?

Yeah I'd like a link to a live stream if possible. The other link I was just on just kept showing a repeating recording of news about it.

cyberheater

Lucius86 said:
Sorry, but seeing this is not amazing. I know what you mean though.

Yeah. Poor choice of words but it's mesmerising. I can't keep my eyes of it. It doesn't feel real. I just can't believe my eyes.

Wazzim

Banned
Grab the rubber bullets and shoot on every little scumbag that tries to loot and destroy. That´s how you deal with these kind of people, they only learn with pain.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
everyone who goes to prison for this is just going to sit around working out and high five each other telling there war stories.

cyberheater

Wazzim said:
Grab the rubber bullets and shoot on every little scumbag that tries to loot and destroy. That´s how you deal with these kind of people, they only learn with pain.

It's a good job you're not in charge then. Hopefully, this will blow over in the next couple of days. Bullets etc... would only escalate events.

Chinner

Banned
Kentpaul said:
bbc news blaming clockwork orange, wasn't long before they blamed movies
the person they're talking to (who isn't from the bbc?) compared it to clockwork orange, they didn't blame it on the movie.

Anyone remember that game, State of Emergency? It would be awesome to get a next gen refresh of that.

It'd also be interesting to have a Company of Heroes like strategy game based on it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom