• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London riots spreading through UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zomba13

Kentpaul said:
bbc news blaming clockwork orange, wasn't long before they blamed movies
I highly doubt any of the twats have seen that.

Meus Renaissance said:
Fuck. Fuck. It's kicked off outside my front door. They're throwing bricks into cars passing by on the road
Shit. :S

Keep safe.

Kentpaul said:
bbc news blaming clockwork orange, wasn't long before they blamed movies

Are we really to believe that these scumbags watch old movies?

Also, as TV host Dick Cavett once said, "There's so much comedy on television. Does that cause comedy in the streets?"

Gary Whitta said:
I'd really like this aerial footage pasted into the C-130 level from Modern Warfare. I'd pay top dollar for that DLC.
-viper- said:
if they were all killed, it would be a good thing for the country.
Wow @ bloodlust-GAF.

PS. I'm not part of the riot defense force.

marrec

Banned
Your Excellency said:
Anyone remember that game, State of Emergency? It would be awesome to get a next gen refresh of that.

It'd also be interesting to have a Company of Heroes like strategy game based on it too.

Company of Heroes: Metropoliton Police Force.

You just stand around in lines while Chavs loot and smash shit. Easy 1000 Chevos.

Carbonox

Misterinenja said:
Wow @ bloodlust-GAF.

PS. I'm not part of the riot defense force.

While a part of me would not give a flying fuck if they were to be taken out, I am of the opinion that they need to be brutally repelled.

They're going to continue because they're not even remotely scared. They are LAUGHING when they run away from the police, not bricking it, because the police aren't doing anything to really send a message to them.

They need a sudden jolt of reality. I don't care how the police do it, it's time to fuck their shit up.

Meus Renaissance said:
Fuck. Fuck. It's kicked off outside my front door. They're throwing bricks into cars passing by on the road

Where? About 9 cop cars/vans just raced down my street a few mins ago. Not cool. :(

Goldrusher said:
YH25_EU-SUMMIT-_0324_11_1.jpg.h513.jpg.767.jpg

Is... is that guy smoking a fag?

Dachande

Anyone know what's happening in Leeds aside from the shooting in Chapeltown? I'm in Beeston, just been to the Co-Op and everything seems normal, although there was a small group of chavs outside when I was walking back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meus Renaissance said:

Be smart, stay safe, barricades~ and use lethal force. This is your livelihood that could be threatened.

Dachande said:
Anyone know what's happening in Leeds aside from the shooting in Chapeltown? I'm in Beeston, just been to the Co-Op and everything seems normal, although there was a small group of chavs outside when I was walking back.

Chavs. In Leeds. Outside a Co-Op. Suspicious.

Goldrusher

Funky Papa said:
FYI, water cannons can be quite dangerous. A full blow to the face at short distance could rupture your eyeballs.
Oh come one, if you're stupid enough to be on the wrong side of the cannon, at such a close distance no less, you deserve the injuries.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Goldrusher said:
Oh come one, if you're stupid enough to be on the wrong side of the cannon, at such a close distance no less, you deserve the injuries.
It wouldn't be the first time that a water cannon has fucked up some innocent by accident. They aren't exactly precision machinery; you open the faucet and aim at your target with the stream crossing a large area with it until you hit him.

Again, I'm not against them, but they can be pretty dangerous. Now, if those rioters are alone in the streets... well, they have my blessings to wash them out.

Dachande said:
Yeah, I know, I know, just stuck in my mind trying to think of anything possibly related I've seen or heard as I was out.

No worries, just a by product of the news, I guess. Feeling scared of everyday occurrences.

Sunflower said:
Be smart, stay safe, barricades~ and use lethal force. This is your livelihood that could be threatened.

Yeah, don't use lethal force. Worst comes to worse, your shit will be insured (and if you haven't insured your belongings then that's just silly). For students it costs like £110 a year to insure everything in your room including a laptop, clothes and desktop pc from fire/theft etc. If this whole thing is considered a riot the police will pay for any damages you incur.

Carbonox_Ratchet said:
While a part of me would not give a flying fuck if they were to be taken out, I am of the opinion that they need to be brutally repelled.

They're going to continue because they're not even remotely scared. They are LAUGHING when they run away from the police, not bricking it, because the police aren't doing anything to really send a message to them.

They need a sudden jolt of reality. I don't care how the police do it, it's time to fuck their shit up.
Yeah but I don't personally think shooting people is the answer. Like does anyone really need any bloodshed on top of this? Isn't it kinda what started this whole thing?

Meus Renaissance said:

Chilling.

This is why we have gun laws you guys can't understand here in Texas. These moments. If you wait for the police to protect you and your property, you are basically screwed. All they are good for at moments like this is coming in hours later and writing up an incident report.

SmokyDave

Sennorin said:
why, a stupid movie being watched by stupid people. seems right.

really overrated movie, duh
I'll give you some ultra-violence if you don't take that back. It's a true classic.

Dachande said:
Yes, well, doesn't help that I have it playing on TV while I'm browsing...

haha yeah. 24 hour news will do that to you. If its any help, people in Newcastle have already started to lay wreaths of condolences outside their local Greggs in memory of the one we've lost down south.

Pristine_Condition said:
Chilling.

This is why we have gun laws you guys can't understand here in Texas. These moments. If you wait for the police to protect you and your property, you are basically screwed. All they are good for at moments like this is coming in hours later and writing up an incident report.

You'd also put guns in the hands of rioters.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Pristine_Condition said:
Chilling.

Lax gun laws would have resulted in many deaths by now. And you can bet it wouldn't be just thugs. I'm all for some sort of castle doctrine, but let's not get carried away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom