• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7, Part 2 - The End of an Era - AMC Sundays

JTripper

I agree this final half-season will be a combination of character reflection and resolution (maybe not for everyone though).

I've said before that the characters who deserve positive conclusions most to me are Peggy and Joan. Maybe Roger too. Pete and Betty seem like characters who might get negative or just unresolved conclusions but it remains to be seen. I think there's something better in store for Betty honestly.

I wrote a bit about what I thought of Sunday's episode on my blog too, if anyone cares to read and/or discuss. Here's the link.

Faddy

Banned
I have a lot of thoughts about Ken Cosgrove.

He is the best third teir character on TV, he is so fleshed out and developed in so little screen time that nothing that he did in the episode felt forced or out of character for him.

My prediction for him this season is that he would aburptly quit and walk away to do other things and that is what he was going to do in this episode. He faced a similar situation when they went behind his back to get Dow Chemical before. Had they come to him up front they were going to do it he might have been the bigger man and walked away but they ambushed him and tried to force him out made him resilient telling Roger(?) that he wanted the account and Pete Campbell was to be nowhere near it.

When Roger fired him this time did the meeting with Pete make him want revenge. Bragging about his wealth and how Ken could use his name when Ken has shown to be a far superior account man to Pete throughout the show. I wonder what he has in store for SC&P (is that still the name???) because he definitely took the job for a reason that wasn't just getting it over Pete and Roger one time. What will be interesting is that he has always had a good relationship with Don and Peggy so how will that work into his plans.

A couple of observations that everyone is just filthy rich now. Even Peggy is making last minute plans to fly to Europe. Maybe she isn't as rich as Joan, Don, Roger or Teddy who are all being dicks to the those they find lower than themselves with the only hardship that Joana and Peggy still had to sit through a meeting with some obnoxious mid-to low level execs. The whole casting thing was Teddy, Don and Pete indulging themselves as if the girls were part of their hareem.

Merideth making a late run in the Don Draper secretary power rankings.

I did not like that red wine splatter. Was very blood like.

In the end, it'd be amusing to compile every single episode promo into a video and list all of the loglines in a row, and then try and see if they in any way represent what actually happened on the show.

Josh5890

I agree this final half-season will be a combination of character reflection and resolution (maybe not for everyone though).

I've said before that the characters who deserve positive conclusions most to me are Peggy and Joan. Maybe Roger too. Pete and Betty seem like characters who might get negative or just unresolved conclusions but it remains to be seen. I think there's something better in store for Betty honestly.

I wrote a bit about what I thought of Sunday's episode on my blog too, if anyone cares to read and/or discuss. Here's the link.

I remember what Roger's ex-wife once said several seasons ago...
His dream is to die in the arms of an eighteen year old girl.
Make it happen!

Draper

Does anyone else see the comedy in everyone unjustifiably hating Harry, including Megan? Always gets a chuckle out of me.

big ander

Does anyone else see the comedy in everyone unjustifiably hating Harry, including Megan? Always gets a chuckle out of me.

Unjustifiably?? Harry is one of the pettiest, squirmiest characters. He hasn't committed the greatest sins perhaps, but he would definitely be the most unbearable to be around (actually Pete might have him beat, it's close).
and yeah, I think a lot of people find it funny. It's supposed to be funny

Megan is one of the few who has an actual reason to hate Harry. In the season 5 opener, after the Zou Bissou Bissou party, Harry is talking to Stan(?) in the office about the party and makes some lewd comments about wanting to screw Megan while she's standing behind him.

Other than that, Harryhate is one of the many things that makes the show so great.

I gotta avoid this thread for a few hours

JTripper

Maybe tonight's episode will be Harry or Megan's send-off episode like Ken last week. Either way I'm excited. Every episode from now on is sacred.

I love the Robert DeNiro segments of Godfather 2. Brilliant stuff. Al Pacino's acting was insane in the movie too. I look forward to AMC playing these movies a thousand times over the next month.

JTripper

I love the Robert DeNiro segments of Godfather 2. Brilliant stuff. Al Pacino's acting was insane in the movie too. I look forward to AMC playing these movies a thousand times over the next month.

I could watch the first 2 Godfathers forever. I always thought the final scene on right now is the perfect ending to Pt. 2.

I could watch the first 2 Godfathers forever. I always thought the final scene on right now is the perfect ending to Pt. 2.
I've seen those movies 1000 times over by now and I'm still noticing different depths the movies offer. It's crazy. And yeah, brilliant ending.

omg not a CONSUMER

Jesus Christ
lol.gif

Top Bottom