• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 7, Part 2 - The End of an Era - AMC Sundays

Talon

Yeah, because i invested what 6 seasons and now that its ending I don't enjoy what their doing. I didn't realize this was just the Weiner love fest.
*they're

And it isn't. If you're going to complain, bring some substance instead of dropping drive-by posts.

Yeah, because i invested what 6 seasons and now that its ending I don't enjoy what their doing. I didn't realize this was just the Weiner love fest.

It's one of the things that suck in OT threads, especially ones that get moved to the Community side (this one is not). People tend to pounce and gang up on anything other than near unconditional love.

Sorry you aren't liking the season like many of us are. Out of curiosity, where did you see it going or wanting to end?

Wherever it takes us. Just like Don. Brilliant writing.
Truth. That ending just really gives me the willies.

Captain.Falafel

Neo Member
No, because we've seen it before. Don checking out. Don chasing someone he can't have. Peggy feeling shit on. Roger feeling left behind.....

If it counts for anything, I feel similarly. Mad Men has been my favourite show on television since it piloted but this second half the season just isn't doing anything for me.

Doesn't stop it from being my favourite show of all time, though. There's room for both.

big ander

That was certainly a great and crucial episode, though it also felt like the kind that won't be a masterpiece until the final two give it context.

It's one of the things that suck in OT threads, especially ones that get moved to the Community side (this one is not). People tend to pounce and gang up on anything other than near unconditional love.

Sorry you aren't liking the season like many of us are. Out of curiosity, where did you see it going or wanting to end?

You know what the best thing was..... that I didn't know where it was going and it feels like its not really going anywhere. I mean it doesn't have to "say" something but an arc should have some kind of end point.

You know what the best thing was..... that I didn't know where it was going and it feels like its not really going anywhere. I mean it doesn't have to "say" something but an arc should have some kind of end point.
I feel you. The show's been spinning its wheels since Don and Sylvia had their extramarital moment, but the atmosphere and historical authenticity make the whole thing worth it.

For those alone, I'd give my left pinky to keep the show on the air forever :p

Shamdeo

ceixkj3uuaarpwp06u6r.jpg

Talon

Eh, I think any of you expecting some sort of grand finale will be disappointed. Weiner's been pretty clear during the press blitz stating that we're just watching one phase of people's lives.

I believe it was the NYTimes article where he literally said, "These peoples' lives were happening before the show started and will continue after the show started."

The show, like most good television (and literature), is about the journey, not the end.

I don't see how anyone can know where this show is going. I've said it before but Don not knowing what he's after or where he is going is an amazing ending because we are feeling the exact same way. I'll take this over a straightforward A to B finale plot.

Mad men always had this mysteriousness to it and I feel like these final episodes are nailing it. Every other scene feels weirdly dream like.

Eh, I think any of you expecting some sort of grand finale will be disappointed. Weiner's been pretty clear during the press blitz stating that we're just watching one phase of people's lives.

I believe it was the NYTimes article where he literally said, "These peoples' lives were happening before the show started and will continue after the show started."

The show, like most good television (and literature), is about the journey, not the end.

I'm cool with this and it would be refreshing but I guess i don't know what the point of these 5(?) episodes... It seems like 2 episodes stretched out and even then they all feel repetitive. Yes, its a theme but too much of one for me.

HoJu

No, because we've seen it before. Don checking out. Don chasing someone he can't have. Peggy feeling shit on. Roger feeling left behind.....
Roger just wasn't willing to jump. or let go of the past. that's why he became the phantom of the ad agency.

Talon

I'm cool with this and it would be refreshing but I guess i don't know what the point of these 5(?) episodes... It seems like 2 episodes stretched out and even then they all feel repetitive. Yes, its a theme but too much of one for me.
To me, the tone of these six episodes mirror the narrative. It feels like we're stuck in a morass without any clear direction out - much like it does for the characters. There's anticipation and angst for where this is headed.

Well, I do know one thing Don nor pretty much anyone at SC&P isn't killing themselves in the finale. No one so far has shown themselves to be that affected by events to do so.

New theory. Sally, still mad at Don, promises to forgive him if he goes to Vietnam to bring Glenn back. Don agrees, finds Glenn, but tragically dies. Glenn, not cut out for Army life, assumes Don's identity and becomes the new Don Draper. Betty, still with feelings for Don and now Glenn, agrees to marry Glenn upon his return. Also, it would make a hell of a case study for her college courses.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

fair enough but I feel like that is part of the theme that while things are repeating in familar way they are going to end badly (or at least permanently) for the SCDP regulars.

npa189

Rodger has cemented himself as my favorite character tonight, he was just killing it in ever scene.
Ghost cooper haunting Don is the best thing in the history of the show.

mr stroke

Damn I've never had a bigger boner for Peggy :eek:

She owned it this episode, the final scene was incredible. Moss better win her Emmy after this.

NYR

Damn I've never had a bigger boner for Peggy :eek:

She owned it this episode, the final scene was incredible. Moss better win her Emmy after this.
She won't. Emmys are like a jilted lover - they've moved on from Mad Men, won't be coming back.

mr stroke

She won't. Emmys are like a jilted lover - they've moved on from Mad Men, won't be coming back.

No chance Mad Men gets completely snubbed after these last two seasons. Hamm maybe for the lulz, but Moss or Hendricks will win something over the next two years. They have little to no competition now that Breaking Bad is done.

Top Bottom