• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia: The Old Country Announced | Gamescom 2024

Lokaum D+

Italy! Brazil???

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF
tbf Brazil has the biggest italian community outside Italy.

Last edited:

Denton

Made by Hangar 13, probably gonna be another garbage like Mafia 3.
This.
Mafia 3 was utter trash and this being developed by the same team does not give me any hopes.
The teaser is also just a whole lot of nothing.
We got more in game content from the first GTA 6 trailer…
You dumdums should play Mafia remake to realize that this is still a very capable team.
Hell large part of the team is Brno studio, made of OG Mafia and Mafia 2 devs.

Edder1

You dumdums should play Mafia remake to realize that this is still a very capable team.
Hell large part of the team is Brno studio, made of OG Mafia and Mafia 2 devs.
Mafia remake was a copy and paste job, lol. Even with a copy paste job they failed to even hit 80 with the critics. Their original work with Mafia 3 was a piss poor attempt.

Bry0

3 had nice presentation but the gameplay loop was really weak. I really enjoyed the mafia remake though. If it's more like the latter then it could be good.

Nice! I've always been a fan of this series, especially 1 & 2.

I wonder if this will start on horseback and transition to cars?

Last edited:
Hell to the yes! It's miraculous this series is still going and that they learned from their mistake and made the focus on, ya know, Italian mafia again.

The fact that it's literally going back to its roots gives me a lot of hope, the remake of Mafia 1 was great and wasn't "modern audience'd" to death (granted it was almost 4 years ago...)

Mafia II is one of the greatest games since the year 2010 and the fact that it doesn't get the proper recognition as being such is criminal.

But I get a feeling a higher up at 2K is simply a fan of this series personally, hence why it keeps getting chances, hopefully now will be it's time to shine.

YCoCg

If we're going off the improvement between Mafia 3 and the Mafia 1 Remake, this should be a good step up, Mafia 1 Remake was gorgeous and anything cut was due to tight Dev time.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
If we're going off the improvement between Mafia 3 and the Mafia 1 Remake, this should be a good step up, Mafia 1 Remake was gorgeous and anything cut was due to tight Dev time.
Truth.

Trusted team, trusted entry, can't wait!

Any word if this will be current gen only? I'm asking for SlimySnake SlimySnake

Denton

Mafia remake was a copy and paste job, lol. Even with a copy paste job they failed to even hit 80 with the critics. Their original work with Mafia 3 was a piss poor attempt.
lol. lmao even.

Mafia remake was not a copy and paste job. Hell that's my biggest problem with it. I wanted a faithful remake and instead got reimagination with completely rewritten dialogue, different soundtrack, different atmosphere, different characterization, different ending themes.

It is still great and fun game with gorgeous visuals though, even if original Mafia is superior.

Last edited:

Edder1

lol. lmao even.

Mafia remake was not a copy and paste job. Hell that's my biggest problem with it. I wanted a faithful remake and instead got reimagination with completely rewritten dialogue, different soundtrack, different atmosphere, different characterization, different ending themes.

It is still great and fun game with gorgeous visuals though, even if original Mafia is superior.
It was literally a copy paste job for the most part. Exact same missions and locations. In fact they cut stuff from the first game. Sure they changed some dialogue and some minor things here and there, but if you played the original it's the same game with worse take on some of the characters and worse dialogue in some places. Not sure what game you played.

Hanger 13 is a B tier studio at best, not sure why you defending them like they gonna make the next masterpiece with new Mafia. At best they'll make a serviceable game with bang average story and unmemorable missions with some woke nonsense inserted into it to top it all off. I can already see it being a 6,5-7/10 game because that's all this studio is capable of.

Last edited:

Denton

It was literally a copy paste job for the most part. Exact same missions and locations. In fact they cut stuff from the first game. Sure they changed some dialogue and some minor things here and there, but if you played the original it's the same game with worse take on some of the characters and worse dialogue in some places. Not sure what game you played.

Hanger 13 is a B tier studio at best, not sure why you defending them like they gonna make the next masterpiece with new Mafia. At best they'll make a serviceable game with bang average story and unmemorable missions with some woke nonsense inserted into it to top it all off. I can already see it being a 6,5-7/10 game because that's all this studio is capable of.
You are complaining that game that is (or is supposed to be) a remake of an older game has same missions and locations. Enough said.

Edder1

You are complaining that game that is (or is supposed to be) a remake of an older game has same missions and locations. Enough said.
Are you even following this conversation that you are part of? I said it as a reply to you claiming that the game wasn't a copy paste job, which it clearly is in most regards as you seem to agree.

Last edited:
Mafia 3 is still my favorite, yeah the side missions were samey but the story was told well and the acting & writing were great.

Tokio Blues

What it's interesting about Scily in 1900? they were riding horses mostly and it was a small town.

1920s it's another story btw.

StereoVsn

OHsbjim.png

Has to be a mistake... the steam page says it doesn't have italian audio support lmao.
WTF!? Like, how could you not have Italian audio (even if you can’t proper Sicilian accent) in a game about Mafia set in 1900s Italy….

Seriously, that’s just not right.

emivita

OHsbjim.png

Has to be a mistake... the steam page says it doesn't have italian audio support lmao.

I'd rather be tortured listening to Nazi march songs than to a cringy mix of English and abused Italian expressions like "mamma mia" and "si capisce".

Yeah that's hard pass for me.

Top Bottom