• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia/Werewolf Recruitment Thread | Go on the Internet and Tell Lies.

Sorian

Banned
Woo Nightvale the one I really wanted! That the smiling god!

Oh god Sorian and Squidy are both in it.

tumblr_n2sb48Vi8A1s77cemo1_500.jpg

Today will be a wonderful day! Just like any other day!

FluxWaveZ

Does your game have the awesome, anthropomorphic werewolves or that lame ass "man turns into an actual wolf" bullshit?

But the latter is cooler.

Let me know if you have any general questions about Werewolf. It's basically just a medieval, slightly more mythical version of Mafia.

Is this a totally closed game in that we won't know any of the roles going in, or will we get a list of the roles in play?

Palmer_v1

But the latter is cooler.

Is this a totally closed game in that we won't know any of the roles going in, or will we get a list of the roles in play?

That's actually something I'm still debating, along with night start vs day start. It will be decided by Monday though.

It won't be OPEN, but it might be semi-open, i.e. I'll list 30 roles, but only have of them are bsing used. If anyone doesn't know what night/day start means, I can explain.

Palmer_v1

This image reminds me of the doom cover only with a kick ass werewolf ripping people in half. I am satisfied, the werewolf game is on good hands.

I was a Werewolf: Apocalypse fan as a kid. It's the Werewolf side of Vampire: The Masquerade, for anyone curious.

White Wolf!

Palmer_v1

Game mods and backups, who is available this weekend to hash out all of our final details and do a final pass on game balance? Salva, me, and hopefully nin are going to try a steam chat on Saturday around 3pm pacific!

FluxWaveZ

If anyone doesn't know what night/day start means, I can explain.

I think I get the gist of a Night start (basically, the game starts off immediately by the bad guys killing someone, right?), but what would be the conceptual advantage of a night start as opposed to a day start?

Sophia

That's actually something I'm still debating, along with night start vs day start. It will be decided by Monday though.

It won't be OPEN, but it might be semi-open, i.e. I'll list 30 roles, but only have of them are bsing used. If anyone doesn't know what night/day start means, I can explain.

I think I get the gist of a Night start (basically, the game starts off immediately by the bad guys killing someone, right?), but what would be the conceptual advantage of a night start as opposed to a day start?

Might as well just explain it right now. :D

A day start in a game of Mafia is where the game starts with a day (voting) phase. This gives everyone a chance to play, but means the villagers have no additional information beyond basic premise. Sometimes not even that information. Most real life Mafia games that begin with a day start result in nobody getting lynched. Online games on the other hand tend to vary depending on the rules, roles, and community.

A night start in a game of Mafia is where the game starts at night, with the Mafia deciding to off someone. Night Starts have the advantage of pushing people with power roles (that is, someone other than a standard villager or mafioso) into action right away. But they have the obvious drawback of someone dies immediately, and if done poorly can make the game biased towards one side or the other.

As the MafiaScum Wiki notes, most games are usually day starts.

Palmer_v1

Essentially Day 1 can be... weird, when you have no information to base anything on. A night start gives some people a chance to start the day with actual information. The downside is players may die before they even have a chance to participate.

It mostly comes down to personal preferences. I'm tempted to do it because it's not something we've done yet, even though it's fairly common.

Another mitigating factor is the Night 0 kill can immediately enter the replacement pool, for the other two games, and likely still have a chance to play a nearly complete game.

FluxWaveZ

Night Starts have the advantage of pushing people with power roles (that is, someone other than a standard villager or mafioso) into action right away. But they have the obvious drawback of someone dies immediately, and if done poorly can make the game biased towards one side or the other.

Essentially Day 1 can be... weird, when you have no information to base anything on. A night start gives some people a chance to start the day with actual information. The downside is players may die before they even have a chance to participate.

Ah, right! That makes sense. Interesting choice; it'd be real unfortunate to be the one killed off though, heh.

Remember, the bad guys aren't the only ones with night actions.

Yeah, I totally glossed over the power roles in this situation.

Palmer_v1

Ah, right! That makes sense. Interesting choice; it'd be real unfortunate to be the one killed off though, heh.

I just edited my post. A mitigating factor is a first night dead player can enter the replacement pool, and quite likely get to play a full game still, just not in the werewolf game.

Sophia

It can get really awesome if a combination of luck and well played power roles allows a user to gain information in the night phase. A cop might figure out who a mafioso is early on, or a doctor might protect the person the mafia wanted to kill. Or perhaps there's a serial killer role present. muddling the waters as to who actually killed who.

roytheone

I just edited my post. A mitigating factor is a first night dead player can enter the replacement pool, and quite likely get to play a full game still, just not in the werewolf game.

Should someone that gets killed immediately be placed at the top of the replacement list since they didn't really played at all in their game?

I'm ready for Harry Potter

I'll be sure to give this game the craziest hyperactivity

full election freak out + ONUW 4 freak out + Blargohunt 24/7 from me

Swamped

Banned
One of the crazies in HP needs to switch with me. Need to spread the craziness around :p (also i love HP lol)

I am of course one of the most sane players here.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
YESSS Harry Potter will be the best S4 game. I don't care if I'm town or scum, I'm going to Avada Kedavra all of you N1.

roytheone

One of the crazies in HP needs to switch with me. Need to spread the craziness around :p (also i love HP lol)

I am of course one of the most sane players here.

I would love to have you in hp swamped! But of course together with me instead of in place of me ;)

im most excited about nightvale tbh. i think it will be the one most like S3 archer to me...

but yeah! all three games are looking super interesting amg *______*

Palmer_v1

Game mods and backups, who is available this weekend to hash out all of our final details and do a final pass on game balance? Salva, me, and hopefully nin are going to try a steam chat on Saturday around 3pm pacific!

No responses yet, and thread is moving fast.

Game nominations (which games are you nominating to play in): Werewolf, Harry Potter
Pronoun (he/she/they/preferred not to disclose): he/him
Play style preference (crazy / normal / any): any
Self-assessed activity level (high / medium / low / fluctuating): medium
Timezone / location: CET
Returning Player or New (if returning, please indicate which game did you participate in Season 3 and what Day did you last to): New

oh hi! welcome! you're first in line to replace a drop out! :>

Top Bottom