• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who never had any attachment to names like "America" and "UWR", I'm quite glad to see terms like "Jeskai" being used. Compared to the latter of the first two, there's less parsing involved now that I have a clear visual of what "Jeskai" entails in terms of color.

Matriox

I might be wrong about this but I think that for folks that put the names for the banners that say what they're playing, scg just copys and pastes exactly what the player put on their sign up sheet. So you'll see inconsistency unfortunately unless this isn't the case then there isn't an excuse.

kirblar

I might be wrong about this but I think that for folks that put the names for the banners that say what they're playing, scg just copys and pastes exactly what the player put on their sign up sheet. So you'll see inconsistency unfortunately unless this isn't the case then there isn't an excuse.
It's an editorial edict.

Got a whole new outlook on my deck after some testing:

The Birds and the Bees
v5.0

Creatures(21):
  • 4x Satyr Wayfinder
  • 4x Sylvan Caryatid
  • 4x Hooting Mandrills
  • 4x Siege Rhino
  • 2x Wingmate Roc
  • 3x Hornet Queen

Spells(9):
  • 4x Commune with the Gods
  • 3x Murderous Cut
  • 2x See the Unwritten

Enchantments(6):
  • 3x Banishing Light
  • 3x Whip of Erebos

Land(24):
  • 1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
  • 1x Mana Confluence
  • 4x Sandsteppe Citadel
  • 3x Windswept Heath
  • 4x Llanowar Wastes
  • 2x Caves of Koilos
  • 3x Temple of Malady
  • 1x Temple of Silence
  • 3x Forest
  • 2x Plains

Sidebar(15):

• 2x Reclamation Sage
  • 4x Drown in Sorrow
  • 2x End Hostilities
  • 4x Thoughtseize
  • 1x Resolute Archangel
  • 2x Nissa, Worldwaker

I like Sultai Scavenger a lot, because of how solid flying is right now(and because it's a bird), but dying to lightning strike and bile blight while not enabling See the Unwritten is huge.

The way the deck plays out is super oppressive now. It's pretty easy to play multiple spells every turn from turn 3+. Since the format is kind of turning a corner where going over the top isn't good enough thanks to control and sligh being real, I figure it's better to snowball the Abzan deck. Basically, I'm trying to stretch Delve as thin as possible.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Uh. Guys. We may have been mistaken about MMA2 being the secret format.

B047QnZCYAA-Y1A.jpg

OnPoint

http://i.imgur.com/WKMTcpN.jpg/img]

Meh? Meh. Although, to be fair, most Mono-black EDH decks are all the same, regardless of commander.[/QUOTE]

He's pretty underwhelming as a card. Also, I don't appreciate the confusion in the design space here. They were pushing his story with M15, what implications does this have? Is this a pre-demoning Time Spiral-esque card? Or is this him after having found out how to fix himself? I'm a little disappointed that he's so human outside of his demon form too. /bitching

He's pretty underwhelming as a card. Also, I don't appreciate the confusion in the design space here. They were pushing his story with M15, what implications does this have? Is this a pre-demoning Time Spiral-esque card? Or is this him after having found out how to fix himself? I'm a little disappointed that he's so human outside of his demon form too. /bitching

Commander 2015 is an entirely retro/historical product. We're getting a peek at history, so this is a pre-demon Obby.

OnPoint

Commander 2015 is an entirely retro/historical product. We're getting a peek at history, so this is a pre-demon Obby.

Oh, good. Still kind of wish they didn't reveal him in pre-demon form, but I guess there's potentially interesting stuff for him ahead then. This form is pretty underwhelming.

ultron87

Ajani's bro!

Jazal_Goldmane_JP.jpg

Jazal Goldmane
Legendary Creature - Cat Warrior
First Strike
3WW:Attacking creatures you control get +X/+X until end of the turn where X is equal to the number of attacking creatures.

I probably won't buy any of these decks because I don't like Commander much, but all these characters getting cards is awesome.

Firemind

That's not the sibling I want on a Magic card.

Though I should be glad if they're not printing Urza/Mishra on a Commander side project. I want them to revisit Dominaria someday and make proper constructed playable versions of Magic's most iconic character.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Though I should be glad if they're not printing Urza/Mishra on a Commander side project. I want them to revisit Dominaria someday and make proper constructed playable versions of Magic's most iconic character.

I do think that existing Mishra's design is kind of cool. Its useless in Commander though, which is a bit of a shame since there's no other real casual format where it would see play haha

ElyrionX

I really like Cardhoarders because they have the option for mass entry a la TCG Player.

MTGO Traders is also nice. They offer a 8% discount if you pay with PayPal and use the code REDDITPAYPAL.

Thanks for this. Checking this out now. Unfortunately, a full 36 hours after my account was locked AFTER I bought a huge load of tix, it's still not been unlocked just yet and the customer service rep only redirects me to the "finance" helpline which only operates from 9-6 PST time. Such fucking bullshit.

I have a half a mind to call my bank and report all the MTGO charges over the weekend as fraudulent because that's what it effectively was (charging me for stuff that I can't use) but I know that's just going to get me locked out of MTGO forever even though I will get my money back.

y2dvd

Went 2-1 in drafts yesterday. The guy's deck I lost to was bonkers.

T1: Mardu Hateblade
T2: Chief of the Edge
T3: Chief of the Scale

Ok guy! And he proceeds to have nothing but warrior creatures backed with kill spells. Oh well. I was able to keep each match really close even with his ridiculous deck and every game came down to the wire. I can't even be mad losing such matches. Plus, I drafted a rare drafted a Sarkhan which I didn't even run so it's all good. Passed up a Murderous Cut for it which was in my colors but this isn't some big event so yeah lol.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I love Freyalise. I don't know what to do with it exactly, but it makes free Elves. Awesome. Awesome to the max.

Now waiting on Jaya for the red.

Went 2-1 in drafts yesterday. The guy's deck I lost to was bonkers.

T1: Mardu Hateblade
T2: Chief of the Edge
T3: Chief of the Scale

Ok guy! And he proceeds to have nothing but warrior creatures backed with kill spells. Oh well. I was able to keep each match really close even with his ridiculous deck and every game came down to the wire. I can't even be mad losing such matches. Plus, I drafted a rare drafted a Sarkhan which I didn't even run so it's all good. Passed up a Murderous Cut for it which was in my colors but this isn't some big event so yeah lol.

Warrior tribal in draft, is very hard to beat if its drafted well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

There's already a Mishra card.

gravesifter.jpg

Gravesifter 5G
Creature - Elemental Beast
When Gravesifter enters the battlefield, each player chooses a creature type, then returns any number of cards with that type from his or her graveyard to his or her hand.
He digs in the earth ceaselessly, trying to get back what he once was.
5/7

The previewed cards all look pretty neat. I especially love Reef Worm, which is Summon Bigger Fish the card. It's interesting to see Ob Nixilis in his oldswalker days, and it's nice to see Freyalise and Ajani's dead brother. I'm surprised that Dualcaster Mage was printed at that cost.

EDIT: Also, the story of Feldon, republished from the old days.

Firemind

There's already a Mishra card.
Oh, right. Time Spiral. Like someone alluded earlier, his ability is useless though in EDH. I remember it wasn't too hot during that time either being three colours. Also, I was talking about his more popular and more powerful brother. :p

EDH is the worst format.
It's interesting from a design point of view. Only 99 cards from Magic's rich history that have a colour identity with your general's colour(s). Which deck designer doesn't love that? I imagine GB has separate folders for this shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
EDH is unfun broken combos and people getting mad that they are being disrupted by someone else's unfun broken combo.

Matriox

EDH is unfun broken combos and people getting mad that they are being disrupted by someone else's unfun broken combo.

Sounds like playgroup issues Imo. If people get that pissy about it then axe combos and continue. I've got 2 playgroups one that can't play any card over $10 and the other anything goes, we turn out alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom