• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matriox

b7d9486d0d.jpg

ElyrionX

Just to understand, are these Commander decks ever worth buying? I presume they are targeted at casual players just like the Duel decks or the Event decks?

Matriox

Just to understand, are these Commander decks ever worth buying? I presume they targeted at casual players just like the Duel decks or the Event decks?

Last year's was pretty lame, but the previous year had given us Scavenging Ooze, first reprint of sol rings in forever, and sweet new commanders with wedge colors which some Wedges didn't have any outside of the dragons. Also last year had true name nemesis.

Just to understand, are these Commander decks ever worth buying? I presume they are targeted at casual players just like the Duel decks or the Event decks?

Commander by its nature is a casual format (or at least trying to make a tournament out of it would be a nightmare), so yeah, these are just for casual players. Some cards do end up seeing Legacy and Vintage play, though, but they aren't legal in any other tournament format.

ElyrionX

Hmm I am only asking because a LGS is taking preorders and today is the last day and I'm not sure if I should buy the decks or just wait to buy the singles I want.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Before Magic really got its lore going, it pilfered a lot from literature.

Matriox

Hmm I am only asking because a LGS is taking preorders and today is the last day and I'm not sure if I should buy the decks or just wait to buy the singles I want.

They'll be available at retail, I'd wait for the spoiler to finish to see if there's anything you're after or just nab all 5 on eBay for cheaper than msrp.

Also, we're getting token cards with tokens on both sides.

I like this idea! But, I'd really rather they just do away with the dedicated promo / ad cards. Why is it not not always a token / emblem / game-object? It bugs me EVERY time I open a pack and it's not a token / thing, I can't help it. It just feels gross. Like, they are already printing shit on there... Fucking baffles me, lol, sorry.

Arcane Lighthouse seems dumb to me in the same way Bojuka Bog is dumb. When you cost something at 'super cheap and stapled to a land' it kind of limits it's future design potential.

Arcane Lighthouse seems dumb to me in the same way Bojuka Bog is dumb. When you cost something at 'super cheap and stapled to a land' it kind of limits it's future design potential.

This particular effect is only worth it when stapled to a land. Otherwise it's either not worth the deck space, or too temporary to be useful.

Yeef

635500660122741467.jpg

Angel of the Dire Hour 5WW
Rare
Creature Angel

Flash
Flying

When ~ enters the battlefield, if you played it from your hand, exile all attacking creatures.
She hit like a meteor and nothing could withstand the blast of holy revenge.
5/4
Sublast Angel and Restoration angel had a baby.

Tormod's Crypt was originally from The Dark, so the bat for exiling graveyards was never really that high. I think its fine in the '"cantrip" class of effects.

So what's the best way to get my hands on all of these? Do I preorder online? From E-Bay? Do I just troll Target daily and grab them there?

I usually don't pick these sorts of things up, but this year's iteration looks really sweet.

ElyrionX

Just switched back to iOS from Android. I am looking around but it seems like there isn't any app that is as good as MTG Familiar on Android. What does everyone here use?

bigkrev

So what's the best way to get my hands on all of these? Do I preorder online? From E-Bay? Do I just troll Target daily and grab them there?

I usually don't pick these sorts of things up, but this year's iteration looks really sweet.

Even if there is a "Mind Seize" in this batch, going to Target or Walmart is your best bet to get all of these

Just switched back to iOS from Android. I am looking around but it seems like there isn't any app that is as good as MTG Familiar on Android. What does everyone here use?

I use iMTG, and it's a piece of crap compared to MTG Familiar. Nothing as good on iOS as far as I know :(

ElyrionX

Did MTGO tell you why they locked your account by the way?

They mentioned it was "alerts raised due to our ordering processing software which has sensitive allowances". I'm not exactly surprised because my account was new and I bought 500 tix in one go in less than 12 hours from its creation so that must have raised some kind of fraudulent red flags in their system. I'm just not happy at the length of time it took to restore my account. Granted they restored it on the first business day but the helpline was open on Sunday and could not help me at all which kind of defeats the purpose of it.

Anyway, do add me, my account name is ElyrionX. Would be fun to get some games together. Anyone else who plays on MTGO, please add me too. I am in the midst of constructing my Modern deck right now.

ElyrionX

I use iMTG, and it's a piece of crap compared to MTG Familiar. Nothing as good on iOS as far as I know :(

Yeah I tried it as well and it's really not great. Decked Builder has a far better UI and since that's the one I use on my iPad as well, I double dipped on it for my iPhone. But it seems really limited. Like, it doesn't even allow you to pull out card rulings.

0031_MTGC14_TOK_EN_HRR%20copy.png

Amusing how there wasn't enough room on the type line to include "Legendary", so they had to put it in the description.
And what the heck, OnPoint, how did you screw up the image tags in a quote?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
0031_MTGC14_TOK_EN_HRR%20copy.png

Amusing how there wasn't enough room on the type line to include "Legendary", so they had to put it in the description.
And what the heck, OnPoint, how did you screw up the image tags in a quote?

Why can't they just make double wide type lines....

ultron87

Would be wild if the red deck had Sneak Attack. Seems to have a lot of that theme. They probably don't want to put a 60 dollar card in here though. Though then the blue deck could have Cryptic and the other decks could have *exciting reprints here* to get them all on the same level.

kirblar

Would be wild if the red deck had Sneak Attack. Seems to have a lot of that theme. They probably don't want to put a 60 dollar card in here though. Though then the blue deck could have Cryptic and the other decks could have *exciting reprints here* to get them all on the same level.
Cryptic dipped a lot lower after the MM reprint.

BTW, apparently the white deck is going to be called "Forged in Stone", so the white planeswalker is definitely going to be Nahiri, the Lithomancer.

The fact that we're getting a card for her now lends credence to my dumb theory that we're going to get an evil Eldrazi-corrupted version of her later.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
BTW, apparently the white deck is going to be called "Forged in Stone", so the white planeswalker is definitely going to be Nahiri, the Lithomancer.

The fact that we're getting a card for her now lends credence to my dumb theory that we're going to get an evil Eldrazi-corrupted version of her later.

Stoneforge Mystic and Batterskull reprints confirmed.

You're probably right, but I'm still holding out hope that the white walker is Serra.

Firemind

Red will most certainly be the joke deck. I mean it has Tuktuk as a replacement general. Add Norin and Tibalt for more hilarity.

Crocodile

I'm inclined to agree that "Forged in Stone" = Nahiri card but I thought they said they would only use characters in this product that weren't going to be used anytime soon in Standard legal products. They are clearly building the storyline in a direction that would hypothetically involve her. I guess we are to assume she's dead in the modern timeline?

I'm inclined to agree that "Forged in Stone" = Nahiri card but I thought they said they would only use characters in this product that weren't going to be used anytime soon in Standard legal products. They are clearly building the storyline in a direction that would hypothetically involve her. I guess we are to assume she's dead in the modern timeline?

I don't believe they've said any such thing. Besides, Ob Nixilis will probably appear again in Return to Zendikar, which will probably be the next block.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";136312993]Got my first Revised Dual, only about a grand left before Miracles is finished :3[/QUOTE]

My first one came out of a pack of Revised when I was 10

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";136312993]Got my first Revised Dual, only about a grand left before Miracles is finished :3[/QUOTE]

I've got a Tagia, which I treasure dearly. Too bad I haven't seen it in 10 years. I wonder where I put it... :(

OnPoint

Finishing up my dual lands collection 6 months ago or so was one of the most fulfilling things I've ever done.

Also one of the most expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom