• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

EDH reminds me of a game like Munchkin. Everyone slowly advances their board and holds the good stuff back because the first person that does something actually threatening gets dog piled on. So you want to be like the 3rd person to make a big play, since people might be out of sweepers and other answers by then. But really that's true of any multiplayer game of Magic, not just the format specifically. I don't mind politics in games, I just don't think Magic is a particularly good game to have those dynamics play out.

Finished reading the Feldon story I linked earlier, and wow, the depiction of white magic in the story is way off from its usual color pie and current in-game depiction. Otherwise, it was a good story.

EDIT: Ob Nixilis full art:
UTVulz7.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how it takes Feldon like 2 weeks to learn every different type of magic.

OnPoint

Sounds like playgroup issues Imo. If people get that pissy about it then axe combos and continue. I've got 2 playgroups one that can't play any card over $10 and the other anything goes, we turn out alright.

That's an interesting way to build a deck. My playgroup would probably want me to do that haha I tend to spend money on cards.

What do you do if a card was under but goes over, take it out?

Crocodile

Freyalise looks good to me but Ob Nixilis doesn't impress me much. Man WOTC has a hard on for that dude. I guess he polled REALLY good in their marketing? So with Ob Nix, Teferi and Freyalise are we done for throwback PWs because I think I remember them saying 3/5 would be the throwbacks.

If only dual caster was 1R, he would have a spot in my cube. Have enough 3 drops already, but his effect is pretty good.

Look closely at the Red 3 drops you have. I'm going to go out on a limb and say most of them aren't very good and/or are worse than this card :p

Matriox

That's an interesting way to build a deck. My playgroup would. probably want me to do that haha I tend to spend money on cards.

What do you do if a card was under but goes over, take it out?

We aren't picky about it. Usually nobody catches it until much later lol, but it's not a huge deal if there's fluctuation.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Chapin thinks Cruise, Dig and Ascendancy are all getting banned and that you're lucky Ascendancy isn't already banned.

Yay for bans

Angry Grimace

Modern has actually become kind of shit actually (at least on MODO where people just play whatever wins).

Its just UR Delver and Ascendancy combo over and over.

Modern has actually become kind of shit actually (at least on MODO where people just play whatever wins).

No, that's just Modern now. The next PT is Modern, I think, so expect sweeping bans with the next set release. Jeskai Ascendency for sure, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Cruise banned as well. I would actually be surprised to see then all banned at once though; that would be kinda crazy.

Kerrinck

Just went 3-1 with 5c Gifts and UW Tron. Just pack some hate like Darkblast and Decay and you can usually beat them.

unstableobelisk.jpg
bitterfeud.jpg

10 mana for permanent destruction seems like a lot, but remember that this is red/black enchantment destruction and such. Bitter Feud seems like a lot of fun.

B0_TMMMCQAAZJEW.jpg

This SEEMS powerful enough.

Interesting how many options this allows. It feels like something different will happens every time you cast it.
EDIT:
635500271465957379.jpeg

Also interesting, though somehow, this feels like there will be less variety in its uses, in terms of how you use it on your opponents.

EDIT:
commander2014-1.jpg

Warmonger Hellkite
Flying
Creatures attack each turn if able.
1R: Target attacking creature gets +1/+0 until end of turn

Seems useful, especially since the ability targets any attacking creature.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Interesting how many options this allows. It feels like something different will happens every time you cast it.
EDIT:
635500271465957379.jpeg

Also interesting, though somehow, this feels like there will be less variety in its uses, in terms of how you use it on your opponents.

For a brief moment I was like "Fuck yes fuck you Zur" and then I remembered that Vanishing (the enchantment) is complete bullshit

ElyrionX

EDH is unfun broken combos and people getting mad that they are being disrupted by someone else's unfun broken combo.

The unfun broken combo part is true.

My pet peeve with EDH is the insane amount of waiting you have to do between turns especially as the play group gets bigger. All the constant tutoring and shuffling really gets on my nerve.

Crocodile

Arcane Lighthouse is a hilarious FUCK YOU card LOL

Some odd omissions in the Black Deck (Cabal Coffers itself, Phyrexian Arena, any tutor effect) but the deck is still loaded with good stuff :)

When are WOTC going to reprint Damnation? Not saying it needed/should have been here but like ti would be nice to get some more copies of that into circulation.

Good thing it was just one deck spoiled. I hate it when an entire spoiler week gets invalidated.

For Arcane Lighthouse, it's cute how because it isn't a Standard card, it's allowed to refer to both hexproof and shroud.

Angry Grimace

It would be odd if the black deck had the Command and Zenith and the others didn't.

Also, these decks are packed with sweet stuff.

The black deck also has Grave Titan but obviously the other decks can't have the whole cycle since Primeval Titan is banned.

Matriox

The black deck also has Grave Titan but obviously the other decks can't have the whole cycle since Primeval Titan is banned.

Not necessarily, for m12 I think it was they made new leylines for the cycle, they could possibly make a new green titan.

EDIT: looked it up, m11 had new leylines but a different cycle.

Some odd omissions in the Black Deck (Cabal Coffers itself, Phyrexian Arena, any tutor effect) but the deck is still loaded with good stuff :)

Yeah really weird. Would have absolutely been perfect for damnation since they kind of should have already put it in Ftv Boardwipe.. Would have also liked to have seen Phyrexian Obliterator in here as well :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom