• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
That artifact Living Death is actually just a mostly-worse Open the Vaults :-/ I'd even rather play Trash for Treasure. Its doubtful you'd ever be looking to animate more than one key artifact at a time anyway

Crocodile

Red PW and Living Death look red hot. Seems like they are really trying to give Red something to do in Commander. Good :)

That artifact Living Death is actually just a mostly-worse Open the Vaults :-/ I'd even rather play Trash for Treasure. Its doubtful you'd ever be looking to animate more than one key artifact at a time anyway

This sounds like the words of someone who has never played Living Death. Since we are dealing with artifacts rather than creatures it will likely require a bit more setup but this effect if pretty fucking absurd when built around.

OnPoint

Red-artifact Commander deck could be a thing now, especially if you're playing stuff like All Is Dust. I kind of wanna brew one myself.

And to weigh in on the sweeper name debate, there has to be design space still for sweeper names (and while All Is Dust is a fine name, All Becomes Dust would be better in my opinion). I refuse to believe they used all the possible good ones ever.

I like the Goblin PW. I do find it kind of funny though that he doesn't fit into the typical Goblins archetype, but he is awesome nonetheless.

That's because he appears to from Mercadia, which was notable for giving goblins a completely different identity than usual. There, goblins were super smart (for goblins) but cowardly. The plane wasn't destroyed, but Mercadian Masques was very unpopular, so Wizards is unlikely to return.

Nice to see a goblin planeswalker at last, and that he's from there.

OnPoint

That's because he appears to from Mercadia, which was notable for giving goblins a completely different identity than usual. There, goblins were super smart (for goblins) but cowardly. The plane wasn't destroyed, but Mercadian Masques was very unpopular, so Wizards is unlikely to return.

It might be my least favorite block of all time, and is certainly in the running for worst.

Yeef

They like to save really good, simple names for cards that they think they can reprint a bunch. Using stuff like "Extinguish All Hope" for destroy all nonenchantment creatures is fine, because if they used a better name it would feel like a missed opportunity.

I'm waiting for the Genocide card that's Extinction + Cranial Extraction. (Too strong to see print at a reasonable cost, but it'll happen eventually, at an unreasonable cost)

Yeef

Deretti is from Fiora (the plane Conspiracy takes place on and that Dack Fayden is from), not Mercadia.

Firemind

Well, it can generate an obscene amount of mana with Krark-Clan Ironworks at least. I still remain unconvinced that red has the tools to make near mono brown work. Slobad and Bosh are really just average. Blue has better discard, drawing and tutoring effects. White has better synergy with equipments. Red beats black at least, unless it's Sharuum. I can't recall mono brown green being a thing so red has something going for it...

OnPoint

It had pirates, it can't be that bad (It had Rising Waters, Dust Bowl and Rishadan Port, terrible time to play standard).

It really was that bad. Not to mention it was followed up by Nemesis and Prophecy, which were both equally as bad if not worse.

Crocodile

It would have been nice if the White PW was enchantment focused as that hasn't really been a theme used in the PW realm and its a good contrast with the Red PW but the name of the White deck makes me thing they won't go in that direction.

It would have been nice if the White PW was enchantment focused as that hasn't really been a theme used in the PW realm and its a good contrast with the Red PW but the name of the White deck makes me thing they won't go in that direction.

Speaking of her....

http://mythicspoiler.com/c14/cards/nahirithelithomancer.html

nahirithelithomancer.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
"The titan called Kozilek picked its way through the hedron fields, great black blades of senseless obsidian floating around what should have been its head. And above them, in every sense, was Emrakul, a hideous tower of latticed flesh and grasping tentacles floating lazily over the shattered earth."

Matriox

I'm not super impressed with her. I wish her ult was better for sure, I mean its good but there are a million ways to exile artifacts. I prefer Kemba Kha for equipment edh commanders, atleast he can actually deal commander damage.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That red planeswalker and artifact living death is awesome. Still mad about no Jaya though.

Jaya is alive and still has her PW powers though. So I'm not surprised they didn't use her.

Also, lol @ the fact that the Lithomancer really was Stoneforge Mystic.

bigkrev

loreseekersstone.jpg

Loreseeker's Stone
Artifact
3, T: Draw three cards. This ability costs 1 more to activate for each card in your hand

If your a deck that gets Hellbent, this card is insane.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It was interesting reading about the original sealing of the Eldrazi, and especially the description of what the Eldrazi destroying a plane actually looks like. It's odd that they didn't actually explain why they allowed a way to remove the seal, especially in a way that any group of three planeswalkers could do; I guess they placed the unlocking mechanism in case sealing away the Eldrazi really did cause larger problems, and the relatively easy method for it is required for the seal to handle such a large load.

EDIT: Also, it would be neat to see Jaya in the present as a cantankerous old woman filling the "old master" role. Maybe Chandra goes back to her to learn the final technique of the Hiten Mitsurugi Style or something.

ultron87

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";136456453]That's an awefully gentle pose for Sorin. Maybe Stoneforge is his main squeeze. Also, Ugin looks like one of those little jade elephants you get in chinatown.[/QUOTE]

Magic doesn't have nearly enough shipping.

Angry Grimace

Magic doesn't have nearly enough shipping.

They do, even in canon stuff, we just ignore it. e.g. Jace x Everyone, Chandra x Gideon, etc. I think one of the earlier novels has a sex scene between Phage the Untouchable and the Cabal Patriarch.

Angry Grimace

Like, how does this work. Doesn't everything she touches die?

The Cabal Patriarch had the same killing touch. Therefore, by MTG sex-law, they can get it on.

Also, Elspeth got laid in the last book they did, but then both she and her boyfriend got axed soon afterwards, dying to the Scream rule.

Angry Grimace

stormsurgekraken.jpg

I think this will anger some people.

My biggest problem with it is that even absent its Lieutenant clause, its just too good in blue. Like I get its a Commander product, but goddamn a 5/5 Hexproof for 3UU is kind of ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom