• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

635502233494462093.jpg

Oh ok. Cool Batterskull. Boom, I have one now too, for one mana.

Or, conversely

Oh ok. Cool Batterskull. Boom, I have two now.

Firemind

There still isn't a U/R artifact-themed commander though. :(
Jhoira. Kind of.

Niv-Mizzet is universally great of course. The perfect specimen. The greatest living being in the Multiverse. Powerful, yet graceful. Outspoken, yet humble.

Slap a Basilisk Collar, Thornbite Staff and Diviner's Wand and he shall become stronger than the foundations of the board. All shall love him and despair!

Matriox

Prophecy is pretty bad, but Homelands is much worse. I can't think of a single playable card in that entire set.

My first boosterpack ever came from Homelands lol. When I was 5 a computer store owner started swearing at me because he thought I was his son. He apologized by getting me hooked on magic and by giving me a pack of the worst set of all time. Bastard.

Love this card.. I want swords too! (I want two swords!)

Matriox

Aether-Gale.jpg

Aether Gale

Color: Blue
Type: Sorcery
Rarity: Rare
Set: Commander 2014

Return six target non-land permanents to their owners’ hands

Hex (ish?) but for bouncing.

y2dvd

I go to WNM, forget my own deck, borrow a stranger's black splash white aggro, and go 4-0 lol. I went threw U/W control, mono green, and two Abzan midrange decks. It surprisingly matched up pretty well even against Abzan, and every one of them said their decks should've easily have beaten the aggro decks.

He had Chief of the Edges and one copy of Athreos mainboarded which was totally unnecessary and sideboarded out every time. It could've possibly been replaced with Spiteful Return. I see the deck losing hard to Jeskai or mono red decks. I was pinging myself for a crapload of damage. It seems to match up vs any other decks pretty well otherwise.

ultron87

Shiiiiiiiiieeeeet.

What an odd length of time.

Glad to see they are giving the Rookie of the Year Worlds spot to the next guy in line instead of making it just go to an at large bid. There'd been talk of them not doing that.

Oh damn.

"Jared Boettcher has been suspended from playing in sanctioned Magic tournaments for 46 months and his Rookie of the Year title has been revoked."

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/2013-2014-rookie-year-title-revoked-2014-10-30

So I've said multiple times before that I personally, without additional evidence, couldn't "convict" Boettcher based solely on the video - unlike with Humphries. I think the fact that Humphries was banned almost immediately after his video surfaced (I think it was something like the next day), and Boettcher's banning took five days, speaks to the fact that additional investigation was needed. Of course, I could be entirely wrong; the time difference might be due to the fact that Humphries was a nobody, and Boettcher was going to lose his ROTY title if the allegations were true.

Also, I'd bet that the reason Jared got just barely over two years and Humphries got four probably has less to do with the severity of the infraction, and more to do with their attitude. Given how Humphries reacted afterwards, I'd wager he was belligerent to the investigation and Jared was likely more contrite. EDIT: Herp derp, can't math, can't read, ignore this paragraph.

On the flip side, I no longer have to wonder how Boettcher did so well with the POS Ad Nauseam deck at the last Modern PT. :p

Matriox

So I've said multiple times before that I personally, without additional evidence, couldn't "convict" Boettcher based solely on the video - unlike with Humphries. I think the fact that Humphries was banned almost immediately after his video surfaced (I think it was something like the next day), and Boettcher's banning took five days, speaks to the fact that additional investigation was needed. Of course, I could be entirely wrong; the time difference might be due to the fact that Humphries was a nobody, and Boettcher was going to lose his ROTY title if the allegations were true.

Also, I'd bet that the reason Jared got just barely over two years and Humphries got four probably has less to do with the severity of the infraction, and more to do with their attitude. Given how Humphries reacted afterwards, I'd wager he was belligerent to the investigation and Jared was likely more contrite.

On the flip side, I no longer have to wonder how Boettcher did so well with the POS Ad Nauseam deck at the last Modern PT. :p

46 months is just below 4 years. Not sure why they didn't just make it 48 months lol.

Kacar

Yea the videos on Jared were pretty clear. Gets a land on top then shuffles a bunch without moving it and false cuts the deck at the end. So lame.

OnPoint

Yeah I can't believe he didn't just keep his mouth shut. If you're gonna cheat at least be sneaky about it. Glad he screwed it up though. Weed them all out.

ultron87

I'm now going to pay more attention to how people shuffle my deck.

Yeah, me too. I've also started being super sure I was keeping the bottom of my opponent's deck facing the table as I was shuffling so it couldn't even look like there was anything fishy going on. Players in general being more vigilant might be the best upside of all this. It would be nice if Wizards put out an article about protecting oneself from such shenanigans after these two high profile cases.

Yeah, me too. I've also started being super sure I was keeping the bottom of my opponent's deck facing the table as I was shuffling so it couldn't even look like there was anything fishy going on. Players in general being more vigilant might be the best upside of all this. It would be nice if Wizards put out an article about protecting oneself from such shenanigans after these two high profile cases.
Yeah I just shuffle like Ari lax now while staring at my opponent.

y2dvd

Sad thing about this cheat is it's so easy to make mistakes in this game, but now everyone is going to be quick to call it out as cheating. No excuses in the big events, but this is going to trickle down to the lgs.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Luckily I just play FNM events where we don't shuffle the other guys deck. We just present it to have it cut.

No, seriously- Elixir was a bigger problem than Revelation. http://t.co/gAQIG5E6iC

What the hell is this deck doing without at least one Academy Ruins and one Life from the Loam? If you mill both Elixirs then you're screwed.

I guess an Eldrazi would also do the job, but would have less utility.

Edit: Also I don't see how this deck would take hours to win a single game. Mesmeric Orb gets out of hand quickly.

So, the only way to beat Emrakul is to Crypt it postboard? Or do people just not play Tron anymore?

No, eventually, they'll have it in their hand. Usually nit able to play it from their hand. So emakrul buys you another turn, I'd guess.

But I seriously have limited knowledge of eternal formats, so i could be wrong.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Now, now, calm down, underground dojo keyboard cagefighter. He didn't do anything criminal like rape or murder. It's a freaking card game.

Heh. On a side note, it is interesting to see these guys flip out and pretend they're above all this nerdery when they get caught out. Like they're not playing make believe wizards or something. Plus, I seen photos of these dudes. Not exactly scaring anybody.

And you thought Defelcting Palm was good against Emrakul- this might be better (overall)

It doesn't damage players and Emrakul can't be targeted by it.
Still, really neat card, especially since you don't have to be involved in the conflict that caused the damage in the first place.

Firemind

lsv casually drafting the triple goblinslide triple defiant strike deck.

Pump your creature. Hordeling Outburst. Draw a card. Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom