• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grakl

Stay calm Grakl, set 3 announced
B1ZY7PeCYAEHzjL.jpg
This is the best set ever made omg

kirblar

If there was any doubt for any reason (because you are a stupid person) - Aaron just all but confirmed J.A. will be banhammered in Modern (Cruise is "being watched")

There will be a special pack at the prerelease called Ugin's Fate which will feature 2 of 40 alternate art (and flavor text) cards from Khans of Tarkir, showing the alternate future, along with a token and a land. I'm not sure if this means those are the only cards or not.
Yes, that first art depicts someone bribing a dragon.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The set will have how many dragons? At this rate, I'm going to need a second binder for my dragon collection. Hope they can redeem themselves. Scourge was proper shite. Like worse than Prophecy.

I really don't expect Fate Reforged to be too dragon heavy just because they have to save their best stuff for Dragons of Tarkir

Yeef

So, reading the play-by-play on MTGS, it looks like they also announced that they figured out how to do colorless basic lands. They also said that, going forward, they're going to be more willing to substitute Jace for other blue walkers like Tamiyo.

Fat packs are also going to be changed to cater more towards new players (no details specifics in the thread).

Grakl

There will be a special pack at the prerelease called Ugin's Fate which will feature 2 of 40 alternate art (and flavor text) cards from Khans of Tarkir, showing the alternate future, along with a token and a land. I'm not sure if this means those are the only cards or not.
Awesome.

@SCG tournament: lol time to make my Jeskai Combo deck better.

Also my friend Ivan from Versus Games is wrecking everyone with ascendancy combo. Good on him, dude has been forcing combo in every standard and its finally his time to shine!

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";136976938]My phone is gonna die but I went X-2 with the birds and the bees. Deck gets super bad opening hands but I didn't lose a game with delve enablers lol. Hooting Mandrill is busted I played two on turn four five games straight lolol[/QUOTE]
Did you ID the last round?

That list of your bud's is going to change things.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";136978096]Nah I didn't make top 8[/QUOTE]
No, I know- I wasn't seeing your deck in Top 16 - was asking if you were X-2-1.

edit: this G/B deck T8ed and looks pretty much exactly like what I wanted to do with the deck, minus the Siege Rhinos.

Grakl

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";136978096]Nah I didn't make top 8[/QUOTE]
Doesn't X-2 get at least top 16? Dunno how it's distributed.

duxstar

I don't see any possible way that yasova is not a 4 of in any of my temur decks going forward, single handedly negates courser of kruphix.

Of course I love most cards in the color I'm playing until I test them and realize they aren't as good as I thought.

Okay, so this Jeskai Heroic Ascendancy deck is basically a Heroic aggro deck that can go infinite with Retraction Helix and Springleaf Drum. That is a sweet deck; it solves a lot of the problems with previous builds where so many of your cards are epic durdles, and it gives you a way to be proactive and get victories in matches where you're just not going to be allowed to combo off.

Bravo sir, bravo. I have to agree - that list is going to change things.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I just watched that Jeskai Heroic deck in action. That is beyond busted. I can't even thing of a good hoser for that thing. Instant speed Supreme Verdict that exiles? For 3 cmc?

Lol. God bless Khans, proving that WotC does still take chances. God this is a glorious environment to be in.

OnPoint

I just watched that Jeskai Heroic deck in action. That is beyond busted. I can't even thing of a good hoser for that thing. Instant speed Supreme Verdict that exiles? For 3 cmc?

Lol. God bless Khans, proving that WotC does still take chances. God this is a glorious environment to be in.

Anger of the Gods is ALMOST what you're asking for.

Where's Quicken when you need it.

No, I know- I wasn't seeing your deck in Top 16 - was asking if you were X-2-1.

edit: this G/B deck T8ed and looks pretty much exactly like what I wanted to do with the deck, minus the Siege Rhinos.
Oh yeah I drew last round in a mirror match unintentionally. Whip mirrors game one take forever.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";137003983]Oh yeah I drew last round in a mirror match unintentionally. Whip mirrors game one take forever.[/QUOTE]
9-32 pays out the same anyways under the updated system, right?

Firemind

Added all y'all. Now, get online ya bastids.
I was online the last two evenings and no one was online. :(

Are you sure it's WanderingWind? Your avatar doesn't show up. Grimace does. Nice avatar by the way. Wish I started collecting avatars sooner. Do you guys have spare avatar tokens?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I was online the last two evenings and no one was online. :(

Are you sure it's WanderingWind? Your avatar doesn't show up. Grimace does. Nice avatar by the way. Wish I started collecting avatars sooner. Do you guys have spare avatar tokens?

I was just on. I added you today, maybe avatars don't show up until both sides add? Yours didn't show up either. I got in some games with Elyrion, so it's working.

y2dvd

Welp, my two Erase and two Glare of Heresy in the sideboard is looking a lot better after seeing this Jeskai Heroic Combo deck lol.

Psyched - was really rooting for the Combo
:)

Seems like you did well, GB! I assume you had fun time, overall?
Yeah it was great. Kept a couple slow hands against my worst matchup Abzan aggro around round six which cost me top 8 contention but otherwise I was pretty happy with the deck.

The only changes I've made since so far are swapping the fourth cut for a third banishing light in the main, and the third Doomwake for an Abzan Ascendancy in the side for anti-Elspeth tech.

When I played against Ivan at Versus I told him I wouldn't concede to an infinite unless he swings hard enough to break the scouter lol

duxstar

That deck is sick. He made it look so easy, but at the same time nobody was prepared for what he was doing at all.

These are the decks he played in the finals

G/B Constellation
G/B Constellation
Abzan Midrange

Not a single deck with counter spells, or early pressure, both of them do nothing until like turn 4 at the earliest.

Let him go against Jeskai with end Hostilitites, and counter magic, or a Temur deck with 4 stubborn denials main. I know i might be biased since I play temur but I feel like I don't know how that deck wins against it. He got really lucky in his matchups, and no one knew how to play the match. I've kept one or 2 back to natures this whole time in my sideboard, and it seems like that card would've destroyed 1/2 of the top 8 (Constellation, and this jeskai ascendency deck just fall away to it).

Not to mention the fact he top decked like 3 times on camera to win the game, one of which he should've lost because he missed his scry trigger and the opponent let him have it, which he top decked spring leaf drum.

Deck won't survive next week. Here are the cards that hose it

Eidolon of Great Revel
Back to Nature
Any cheap counterspell
Anger of the gods

All he played were green/black decks in the finals, and I'm guessing he managed to fade the hard matchups throughout the day. I have a temur deck that could win a tournament if it somehow just managed to avoid R/G monsters and Green devotion.

I really think he just hit the right meta game at the right time.

kirblar

I would actually ban Retraction Helix over J.A. in Standard if it comes to that.

Someone tweet that to Toby/Helene. ( I can't see the image at work.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom