• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feel it's not really niche. It is an on-curve creature that works well with cheap spells and burn spells. It's not something you build around, unless you need some sort of justification for running Lightning Bolt. The activated ability is for the late game, where useful cards are a more valuable resource for many decks than mana. At its very worst, it's a 2/2 lifelinking Grizzly Bear, so there's little risk involved in including it if you have space.

You keep mentioning Sidisi. Sidisi is a three color legendary Hill Giant from a pure stat perspective, and isn't particularly impressive without support. She is not easy to splash and you can't just slap her in a list with generic good cards. She's a good card, but she's hardly safe. Grand Master in contrast is very safe and flexible, and it is that quality that I feel people underestimate. It provides survivability against faster decks, a long-game for low-curve decks, and a decent body with no real investment.

It's a good card. It's not the second coming and doesn't deserve anywhere near a $15 price tag. In most decks it's just a 2/2 life link dork. It may as well be a red/white gold card.

It'll settle at no more than $5 once the hype dies out, IMO.

God, mtgo fuciing up again with the memory leaks.

Edit, man 2-1 isnt bad for a reanimator deck with basically no low drop creatures and only two reanimation spells lol. Elesh Norn and balance too strong

EYEL1NER

Man,
Archfiend of Depravity, Temporal Trespass, and Sandsteppe Mastodon... I need those cards.
I mean, I have no idea what I would do with them, since I haven't figured out where to begin with building my first deck. But I like how those three are sounding.

Yeef

1WW
Enchantment
When ~ enters the battlefield, it becomes an Aura with enchant creature. Manifest the top card of your library and attach ~ to it. (To manifest a card, put it onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. You may turn it face up at any time for its mana cost if it's a creature card.)

Enchanted creature has flying and lifelink.

Looks like it's a cycle.

1WW
Enchantment
When ~ enters the battlefield, it becomes an Aura with enchant creature. Manifest the top card of your library and attach ~ to it. (To manifest a card, put it onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. You may turn it face up at any time for its mana cost if it's a creature card.)

Enchanted creature has flying and lifelink.

Looks like it's a cycle.
This card is absurd in limited.

How am I 0-2 with this deck? :-( plz help

I even did turn 1 discard to hand size, Reanimate Elesh Norn! ;_;

reanimator3eu3h.png

Damn you to hell, Scavenging Ooze!

Yeef

Are we not going to see the other three dragons until DTK since those mechanics aren't in the set?
There's a full set of ally-color dragons in this set: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/designing-your-fate-2014-12-29

a five-card legendary Dragon rare cycle in the ally colors (WU, UB, BR, RG, GW). Each of them has an attack trigger ability that happens whenever a Dragon you control attacks. They trigger themselves, but they also trigger multiple times with multiple attacking Dragons. They truly are the dominant dragons of their respective broods.

Wichu

Mana at the beginning of each of the main phases with that siege, that's pretty cool!

I didn't realise that it gave you mana in both your main phases at first. The card just became significantly cooler.

EDIT: Just realised how much Omnath is going to like that. I'm a bit scared.

Oh Magic, why must you be a game of variance? I had to mulligan to five in game three of the finals with this sick Cube deck and got beat by some guy who thought the interaction between Restoration Angel and Blade Splicer was really good. Sad panda.

(MODO lost my saved deck, so I had to rebuild it manually to get this screenshot)

I opened Mox Sapphire pack one, then Ancestral Recall in pack two. I opened nothing in pack three, but was passed, in order, Time Walk, Time Vault, Tezzeret the Seeker, Upheaval. WTF.

This draft confirmed what I already knew to be true - it was a mistake to put Time Vault in this cube, and I hope they remove it for future iterations of the Holiday Cube.

My favorite moment was crushing a guy after he Eureka'd in a Sundering Titan and three planeswalkers. I just put in a Heartbeat of Spring, then cast an Upheaval, Elf, and Grim Monolith. GGs.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Battle Brawler is the clear winner out of all of those.

1B 3/2 First Strike, at the worst its a Bear.

When did black become so good at creatures??

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I love that all the dragons are looking different. I was worried all the cards would looks the same. Plus, that is a nice ass Timmy card.

This one seems pretty bad to me. If you can be reasonably compared with Doomwake Giant and be found lacking in multiple ways, you've failed as a dragon.

Mana at the beginning of each of the main phases with that siege, that's pretty cool!

Oh damn, and I was already thinking it was pretty good if it just helped your first main phase.

The Selesnya dragon is pretty cool. As for the Dimir dragon, at least it's not more milling? Though actually, self-milling would actually have been a bit more useful. It might still see play, though, considering that Doomwake Giant does.

Anyway, the story of Sarkhan jizzing himself at all the dragons in the past, getting angry at Yasova Dragonclaw for killing a dragon, then jizzing himself when he realizes that she was able to kill the dragon pretty easily. Also, he shows more attachment to Narset than seems believable with how little they interacted, but I'll allow it. I'm actually pretty surprised that Sarkhan didn't just get dumped out at Ugin and Bolas's battle site.

ultron87

I wonder what kind of support from other dragons we'll get for these guys in this set and in Dragons of Tarkir. There's been exactly one Dragon at Common ever (Dragon Whelp) so I'll be surprised if every color gets one of those. I expect we'll see uncommon dragons in each color in Dragons at least. Probably with some additional rare and mythic cycles.

I would have thought that morph would be a good way to get "cheap" dragons, but morph isn't in this set. Maybe we'll get "eggs" that turn into dragons at common or something.

I think that's the first time I've actually gotten decked in Khans limited:

10/9 first strike lifelinkers just can't cut it against molting snakeskin. Had to end hostilities around ~10 cards left in my library since it was probably the last time he'd tap out and I had that dude that draws me cards when my creatures die to rebuild after the sweeper. But he's been holding three creatures the whole time since I showed him the EH game two lol

So the above is the result, haha.

Anyway, finally managed to use up all my phantom points with that. Phew. Finally get to uninstall.

Kerrinck

I wonder what kind of support from other dragons we'll get for these guys in this set and in Dragons of Tarkir. There's been exactly one Dragon at Common ever (Dragon Whelp) so I'll be surprised if every color gets one of those. I expect we'll see uncommon dragons in each color in Dragons at least. Probably with some additional rare and mythic cycles.
I think dragon whelp has always been uncommon starting from Alpha. And yeah, these triggers will be a bit useless if all we have are fat dragons.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";145489378]A 3/7 fucking dragon? The fuck? Did they troll us by designing this to work with Phenax?[/QUOTE]
I bet there's a hurricane effect somewhere they're playing with.

The Adder

Banned
Does anyone else really want shroud back? I feel like, as a mechanic, shroud allows you to play in design space that would otherwise result in a broken card.

Does anyone else really want shroud back? I feel like, as a mechanic, shroud allows you to play in design space that would otherwise result in a broken card.

I definitely think the status quo was better when shroud was the default and hexproof was the ever-so-rare "trollshroud," and that this was one of the wrong places to try to eliminate complexity.

Maledict

Absolutely - I think replacing shroud with hexproof was an absolute mistake, and has caused them nothing but problems. I normally agree with their 'simplifying the game' choices, but this one was just dumb and a step too far.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Because new players have difficulty grasping that an ability on their creatures might actually be a negative for them, and they're constantly trying to break Shroud in order to do stuff.

Toxi

Banned
I feel Shroud just plays better most of the time. Hexproof encourages the controller to focus on buffing the Hexproof creature over any others, and this means even less ability for the opponent to interact. It also makes Hexproof less interesting when you have a large number of creatures because buffing the one with Hexproof is a no-brainer. With Shroud, at least the controller is encouraged to buff the creatures the opponent can interact with.

It's also silly how Hexproof is in Blue. Green is the creature color and a mechanic that encourages you to buff your own creatures makes sense in Green, but Blue is supposed to be the opposite of that and Hexproof doesn't fit the color's identity as well as Shroud. Green also is more fair with Hexproof because it has less evasion abilities so opponents can interact with the Hexproof cards through blockers. Blue has Flying and Unblockable everywhere, which makes its Hexproof creatures even less interactive. Invisible Stalker was easily the worst and least fun part of the otherwise stellar triple Innistrad format because of the combination of Unlockable and Hexproof on one card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom