• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";151161449]Damn, Owen Turtle looking like he hasn't slept all week.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he looks a decade older than he actually is today.

Tim/Ian should strongly be considered for the A-team, they were fantastic on the mic yesterday.

I suspect Thoughtseize is going to be under heavy consideration for a ban now.

Hero

Yeah, he looks a decade older than he actually is today.

Tim/Ian should strongly be considered for the A-team, they were fantastic on the mic yesterday.

I suspect Thoughtseize is going to be under heavy consideration for a ban now.

Thoughtseize is way too good.

kirblar

I don't know how much of a lonely island I'm on w/ this one, but I think Splinter Twin proper should have been banned eons ago because it's a virtual T3 combo win.

I don't know how much of a lonely island I'm on w/ this one, but I think Splinter Twin proper should have been banned eons ago because it's a virtual T3 combo win.
Well I'm on the other side and think fewer things should have gotten banned than have. I'm all for the craziness.

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";151164491]Well I'm on the other side and think fewer things should have gotten banned than have. I'm all for the craziness.[/QUOTE]
I think that deck existing puts a huge damper on how open the format can be.

f0rk

I think that deck existing puts a huge damper on how open the format can be.
If Jacob Wilson can top 8 with such a loose twin match up / sideboard it can't be that bad. It's not like Abrupt Decay is a narrow sideboard card like leylines

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I saw Gideon Jura in the list there, so no Ajani this time.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That silence was super awkward after they introduced the scantily clad Liliana art.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
1) Those Lili art pieces are amazing.
2) He better sell full size prints of those
3) That pause after they showed off the sexy Lili art was the most awkward thing in existence.
4) Baseless speculation: Lighting Bolt reprint.

Lucario

1) Those Lili art pieces are amazing.
2) He better sell full size prints of those
3) That pause after they showed off the sexy Lili art was the most awkward thing in existence.
4) Baseless speculation: Lighting Bolt reprint.

Rich trying to clear his throat during the silence then abruptly stopping, resulting in an unsettling mumble, was one of the funniest things I've heard on a PT stream.

I'll second the bolt reprint speculation. Seems like a fitting place for it.

bigkrev

277 cards = we have DFCs. Legends flipping into PWs.

They only mentioned 2 new mechanics, never saying there wasn't a returning mechanic. I'd say it's possible, but I don't know if it makes sense to only have 5 flip cards in the set, and having 5 of the sets mythics stuck on the special sheet seems odd

I dont know how Karla does it. She's a full time concept artist at Industrial Light and Magic, and she flies around the world teaching other artists and setting up her gallery work. She also does comissions for TOR books on the side along with Wizards.

She's said before that she broke her hands from painting more than a dozen hours a day every day and I completely believe it.

I was chatting with one of the guys from ILM and he said she's even learning 3d now. Just unbelievable, a total inspiration in the art world.

kirblar

They only mentioned 2 new mechanics, never saying there wasn't a returning mechanic. I'd say it's possible, but I don't know if it makes sense to only have 5 flip cards in the set, and having 5 of the sets mythics stuck on the special sheet seems odd
They'd be bonus Mythics, and we'll have a full sheet of Flip cards.

Angry Grimace

Rich trying to clear his throat during the silence then abruptly stopping, resulting in an unsettling mumble, was one of the funniest things I've heard on a PT stream.

I'll second the bolt reprint speculation. Seems like a fitting place for it.

I'm not really sure about that. It seems like they've just lowered the toughness of creatures to 2 in general to let Shock-variants have the same impact without letting you dome everyone for lethal all the time.

Of the top 20 creatures in Standard right now, there is literally one creature that dies to Lightning Bolt and not Wild Slash because everything is either 2, 4 or 5 toughness.

Lucario

I'm not really sure about that. It seems like they've just lowered the toughness of creatures to 2 in general to let Shock-variants have the same impact without letting you dome every for lethal all the time.

Of the top 20 creatures in Standard right now, there is literally one creature that dies to Lightning Bolt and not Wild Slash because everything is either 2, 4 or 5 toughness.

You're probably right, and your reasoning makes sense, but let a red mage dream :p

WanderingWind

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";151168736]I would win a pro tour and scam my way into wizards just so I could commission Karla Ortiz art :([/QUOTE]

lol

I wonder if she sells prints on her site. I'm a sucker for before/after art.

WanderingWind

Rosewater's basically said no Lightning Bolt in the near future. Warps format around itself.

MaRo doesn't necessarily tell the truth and hasn't for more than a year, at least. He doesn't outright lie, but "near future" for him basically has meant "this next set." It's a defense mechanism though, because he fields so many damn questions if he was 100 percent honest, we'd know everything about Magic for the next 3 years.

kirblar

MaRo doesn't necessarily tell the truth and hasn't for more than a year, at least. He doesn't outright lie, but "near future" for him basically has meant "this next set." It's a defense mechanism though, because he fields so many damn questions if he was 100 percent honest, we'd know everything about Magic for the next 3 years.
Yeah, this is a developmental reason though, it warps the two blocks (under TBP) before it and after it, and its a big warp re: Constructed/Limited.

WanderingWind

Yeah, this is a developmental reason though, it warps the two blocks (under TBP) before it and after it, and its a big warp re: Constructed/Limited.

But it is an inevitable reprint and in a meta with 4-5 toughness creatures where it won't warp the format is exactly the spot they'd put it.

Also, an interesting thing about them going back in time for Origins opens up the possibility of them filling the gaps on a lot of things they missed. Legendary werewolf to fill a spot in the DFC sheet, perhaps?

Crocodile

Can somebody explain to me why 277 cards = flip cards but 272 = no flip cards? Innistrad was only 264 cards for example.

I will also agree that Hagon made that transition from pre to post PW Liliana way more awkward than it had any need or right to be. That was weird.

Angry Grimace

Can somebody explain to me why 277 cards = flip cards but 272 = no flip cards? Innistrad was only 264 cards for example.

I will also agree that Hagon made that transition from pre to post PW Liliana way more awkward than it had any need or right to be. That was weird.

My guess is it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom