• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Neato. Rebound is crazy hard to balance, so there will be zero playables or a card that is completely busted. Exploit seems great fun, with the right support. And Elder Dragons.

oh my

kirblar

So Exploit is just a non-modular Devour? With different flavor? Okay, sure. I was expecting something to do with death (I predicted Morbid), so it's not particularly surprising. But kinda boring.
It would take up so much less space on the card if it wasn't keyworded, it's really silly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sidisi. More evil.

en_hbwolfCGV6.png

Dragon Tempests!

en_FH8gGTIvbb.png

ultron87

Sidisi seems pretty cool. She battles successfully with basically everything on the ground and having something around to sac so you can DT shouldn't be that tough.

And totally a Planeswalker:

EN_p8gq9l4qup_b0ost3r_3.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Lots of Dragons:

Category 1: The common Dragon (NOTE: This got bumped up to uncommon during Development.)

Category 2: Uncommon gold cycle

Category 3: Uncommon monocolored cycle

Category 4: Rare gold cycle

Category 5: Rare monocolored cycle

Category 6: Mythic rare legendary gold cycle

Category 7: Uncommon mana stones (NOTE: Do these turn into Dragons? Hmmmm....)

Category 8: Cards that care about Dragons

It would take up so much less space on the card if it wasn't keyworded, it's really silly.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read Sidisi.

When ~ enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a creature. If you do, yada yada yada.

EDIT: I just realized that I should mentally evaluate this closer to Evoke than to Devour.

ultron87

There must be some cards that care about other creatures getting exploited. Otherwise they would have just had it be an ability word.

Angry Grimace

I mean, its keyworded so they can say the clan has an "ability;" otherwise, you're probably correct.

Angry Grimace

I really wonder why it isn't an ability word.

I suppose another card could care specifically about the ability?

The other option is that there's a specific card that was too wordy without it?

ultron87

This has to be it. "Whenever a creature you control is exploited, yada yada yada."

That's the most logical reason I can think of, but I would be surprised if they'd actually design a card as parasitic as that these days. Maybe they had something they really like that originally was just "whenever a creature you control is sacrificed" or "whenever [cardname] is sacrificed" but that turned out to be way too busted with something.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Lots of Dragons:

Category 1: The common Dragon (NOTE: This got bumped up to uncommon during Development.)

Category 2: Uncommon gold cycle

Category 3: Uncommon monocolored cycle

Category 4: Rare gold cycle

Category 5: Rare monocolored cycle

Category 6: Mythic rare legendary gold cycle

Category 7: Uncommon mana stones (NOTE: Do these turn into Dragons? Hmmmm....)

Category 8: Cards that care about Dragons

Holy fuck this is going to be a lot of dragons

OnPoint

Narsett was as good as confirmed as a PW since Khans. Given the packaging, a new Sarkhan seems likely as well. If we were gonna get a new Bolas he would have showed up in Fate, based on how the lore worked out. He has no reason to return to Tarkir as he thought Ugin was dead when he left originally, even with the change in the story. He makes no sense as an inclusion in Dragons, other than the possibility of a new Dragon PW.

en_DSfajxDIcH.png

This actually looks potentially playable in non-standard formats.

An-Det

Is there a reason for not doing megamorph x instead? You're already dealing with +1/+1 counters so why not make it a more interesting mechanic?

Also super happy to see Rebound come back. One of my favorite mechanics that I wasn't sure when we'd see again

Same, I've always really liked Rebound so I'm glad it's finally back.

Angry Grimace

Narsett was as good as confirmed as a PW since Khans. Given the packaging, a new Sarkhan seems likely as well. If we were gonna get a new Bolas he would have showed up in Fate, based on how the lore worked out. He has no reason to return to Tarkir as he thought Ugin was dead when he left originally, even with the change in the story. He makes no sense as an inclusion in Dragons, other than the possibility of a new Dragon PW.

en_DSfajxDIcH.png

This actually looks potentially playable in non-standard formats.

The problem with playable morphs is that everyone knows what they are. I suppose it might not matter, but "counter spell" isn't quite as good if its sitting on the table.

ultron87

Is there a reason for not doing megamorph x instead? You're already dealing with +1/+1 counters so why not make it a more interesting mechanic?

Megamorph 1 1U probably looks weird typed out and it also would add another thing you need to remember about your face down permanents when they don't want you having to constantly check it.

Firemind

I don't understand why the dragonlords have the clan mark on them. Aren't they the enemies of the clans? Or they became the defacto clan leader after the clans got defeated? Edit: wait no that doesn't make sense either. The previous silumgar also has a sultai mark.

kirblar

I don't understand why the dragonlords have the clan mark on them. Aren't they the enemies of the clans? Or they became the defacto clan leader after the clans got defeated? Edit: wait no that doesn't make sense either. The previous silumgar also has a sultai mark.
The dragon clans have an altered logo

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";154271612]I loooove that Silumgar got fat and lazy so his stats got worse LOL

Enough of a material difference, Grimace? ^_^

Cmon staggershock reprint![/QUOTE]

Won't happen. Jeskai is UW; you aren't getting any red rebound spells.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Oh, it's definitely playable. A five mana 4/6 with deathtouch is already fringe, it being a tutor on a stick makes it very playable. Fantastic whip target, too.

Precisely exploit -- same reminder text, same execution -- under the name of "Sanction" was one of the keyword mechanics in my third-round submission for GDS2. At the time I was worried that it was too slight for a full keyword, but now? COMPLETE VINDICATION.

Narsett was as good as confirmed as a PW since Khans. Given the packaging, a new Sarkhan seems likely as well. If we were gonna get a new Bolas he would have showed up in Fate, based on how the lore worked out.

Yeah, I was disappointed that this was the first time Bolas has done anything directly since Alara and they didn't find a way to squeeze him back in for a second PW card.

Does sacrificing herself trigger the tutor?
Precisely exploit -- same reminder text, same execution -- under the name of "Sanction" was one of the keyword mechanics in my third-round submission for GDS2. At the time I was worried that it was too slight for a full keyword, but now? COMPLETE VINDICATION.

Yeah, I was disappointed that this was the first time Bolas has done anything directly since Alara and they didn't find a way to squeeze him back in for a second PW card.
I look forward to battling you in GDS3 :3

So... you can exploit Sidisi if you have nothing else to sac to her. It's an ETB effect. That makes her very interesting to whip back. Or hell, Profound Journey with her in the yard becomes tutor on your turn and at your next upkeep for 6.

Joe Molotov

Dragon Tempest is practically begging people to build dragon decks. Better stock up on Crucible of the Spirit Dragons before the price increase! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom