• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";154686409]Turtle is busted.

if you also rip a wrath or two lol
[/QUOTE]

Literally the most fun thing about that turtle is saying "Durdle turtle." The card is awful and Wizards should feel bad for wasting everyone's time with a card that exists just so Maro can mentally masturbate about successfully describing a really slow turtle attacking in MTG terms.

ElyrionX

I think she actually has to be in a creature-heavy deck if you want to tap out for her on turn 4.. because then you presumably have some board presence at that point so it's less of an issue that she doesn't affect the board. But then if the deck's creature-heavy, then her +1 rarely gets you anything, so...? I'm probably missing something!

Edit: Maybe in some aggro-ish deck to reuse valorous stance and stuff a lot?

Token spells or planeswalkers. But then in Standard, Elspeth is a six drop so not on curve at all.

Crocodile

I think I figured out why I never get better at limited. Because I like playing with fun cards and half the time I never pull any and then I get bored and want to quit. Bulk rares don't have to be constructed quality. But they can't be Rally the Ancestors. (The actual rares I got were Scroll of the Masters, Howl of the Horde, Slow Turtle)

I mean, the non-rare/mythic cards can be fun too. Plus if people (including you) at your table are actually drafting properly, you'll probably be passed at least a few good rares over the course of a draft.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, the non-rare/mythic cards can be fun too. Plus if people (including you) at your table are actually drafting properly, you'll probably be passed at least a few good rares over the course of a draft.

This problem combined withdrafting costing a fucking fortune is probably a 1-2 punch for why I don't spend time figuring out how to be good at it.

ElyrionX

http://themeadery.org/articles/bouncing-back-in-baltimore-with-temur-moons

Interesting report on the Temur Moons deck that Top 8 the recent SCG event.

One issue I see here and am struggling with in my UR Twin deck is having Cryptic Command and Blood Moon in the same deck. If you have both cards in your opening hand, then it creates an awkward situation since you want to be fetching or laying basic Islands in your first three turns to have the mana for Cryptic under a Moon but doing that prevents you from casting Blood Moon on turn three. So the only way is to hold back a basic Island in hand on turn three which you lay on turn four which can be a fairly awkward scenario.

Any thoughts?

Online, you can convert packs into more drafts, which helps offset the ridiculous cost of drafting online. Some stores will do this, but most that I've been to don't have an easy way to convert prizes into more drafts.

Of course, this doesn't help if you're not doing well, and paying $14 per draft online to learn how to draft is insane. (Yes, the actual cost is reduced if you buy packs from bots, but that's not something a newer player is going to know about.)

Exokell

Banned
Is wizards ever gonna copy heartstone's style of tournaments? I hate waiting 20 to 30 minutes every round and the ridiculous 4 hr long tournaments.

kirblar

RG Command:

RG, instant, rare, choose two :

Opponents can't gain life this turn

Deal 3 to each opponent

Put a land from your hand on the battlefield

Creatures you control get +1/+1 and reach until EOT

Yuck.

I'd expect the HS problem to be solved in the F2P version, but it's only really leagues that would fix it on MTGO.

That's...not really the RG command is it? Because that's...stone unplayable garbage. Even the worst of the original five commands had some level of utility.

I guess Modern Burn wouldn't mind another Skullcrack, but...come on.

kirblar

The scary part- they thought giving another card like this to burn decks was a good idea. At least TC and friends were unexplored territory.

It dodges Leyline too.

The biggest problem to me is that the card is creatively bankrupt. "Uhhh, what does red do? It uh....burns stuff? And green, uhh...combat tricks and land?"

I was hoping to see something along the lines of the old red command; do something flashy and powerful for a lot of mana.

Firemind

2RG
Sorcery
Choose two:
  • Destroy target artifact.
  • Destroy target nonbasic land.
  • Search your library for a green creature with converted mana cost 4 or less and put it into your hand.
  • Put a creature with converted mana cost 4 or less from your hand onto the battlefield. It gains haste until end of turn. Sacrifice it at end of turn.

Matriox

Instant speed land ramp, a psudo skullcrack that gets around leyline of sanctity, I actually kind of dig it. For edh of course, not impressed with its standard application.

Firemind

I mean, at RG the middle two modes seem kind of good?
For ramp decks, it's pretty awful. It's not Rampant Growth; it's more like Exploration without the card draw, which is much, much worse. Ramp decks don't really care about the other modes.

In Modern though. It's an upgraded Skullcrack for the most part (damage prevention does matter sometimes though) and it can deal 5+ damage with Steppe Lynx and power up Tribal Flames in a pinch.

sibarraz

Banned
I was dissapointed with that zombie warrior, why if you want to invoke him you had to pay more for the amount of cards in your graveyard?

I hope to see some good warriors for my warrior deck

ultron87

There will totally be some aggro swarm deck that plays that Command and uses it to hit for an extra three + number of attacking creatures to close out games. Between Outburst, Dragon Fodder, and Rabblemaster it has to happen.

red13th

8KOETOF.jpg

eojQbGE.jpg

3ZvWboG.jpg

PrwGeTj.jpg

9T00PGs.jpg

Young Lily is my favourite, Gideon looks kinda weird.

also, Narset preordering for $50? wtf

ultron87

So Gideon is from Theros? Don't recognize any of the other's clothing enough to pick their homes.

Edit: We know Nissa already,of course.

Edit edit: Chandra is maybe from Fiora, the Conspiracy plane? They had high collars like that.

Yeef

It's pointless speculating about Chandra's home plane:

Some of the ten will be glimpses of worlds that so far have been unknown or only barely mentioned. Chandra's home plane, for example, will be entirely new to you.

Toxi

Banned
I loved how Lorwyn's elves were such arrogant dickweeds. They were one of the few times elves were actually interesting in the storyline.

Zurgo is just another Jackal Pup variant. A pretty cool one, although I had kinda hoped for something more interesting.

EDIT: And yes, pretty sure he goes straight into cubes that aren't shitting all over red aggro (I'm looking at you Randy Buehler).

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I mean, I kind of like that they still made him playable while at the same time making him small enough and simple enough that its pretty clear he aint shit in this timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom