• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
JZN5s0F.png
862TvFB.png
Wow, these uncommon dragons are fucking cool. Somehow they got more interesting and creative effects than the rarer ones.

red13th

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";154921633]It's a mini See the Unwritten.[/QUOTE]

yeah, kind of a weenie, instant Tooth and Nail. interesting.

I'm struggling to think of an effect that blinks a Planeswalker. I think they would avoid that as a matter of course since it would reset the Loyalty counters and allow a different use of the abilities.

Brago, Dimensional Breach, Flicker, Flickerwisp, Glimmerpoint Stag, Skybind, Sudden Disappearance, Synod Sanctum, Venser.

I'm kind of confused that the uncommon gold dragons are cooler than the rare gold dragons, but I'm not complaining.

EDIT: So beaten!

Toxi

Banned
If Kolaghan had Swift Warkite's effect, I'd totally be ecstatic for her as an EDH general.

Now I want to make a pauper EDH deck with Swift Warkite as the general.

Crocodile

I mean as long as the common removal suite is plentiful and can actually handle the bombs we should be mostly ok. I really don't like that basically ALL the dragons cost 3464513634 mana though :/

"But but we put in all these 3 CMC mana rocks so you can cast them" - pre-emptive statement from WOTC

"Fuck off WOTC!" - pre-emptive statement from me :p

Exokell

Banned
How can collective company not be super bonkers? draw 2 and put them into play. WTF this card is insane, goes so well in the temur deck where it has bunch of 3 to 2 cmc creatures. Did I forget the instant part?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Honestly, when I saw Collected Company, I thought: "So this is what green Gifts looks like".

Jeez, those uncommon gold dragons are crazy! The monocolored uncommons seem boring, though, especially since they all have the same effect when flipped. And Collected Company is a really interesting and powerful effect. Even if you hit nothing but a single Elvish Mystic, that's still not too bad. Hidden Dragonslayer will be good in limited, but not much else.

ultron87

It is my goal in life to Collected Company into a pair of Knucks.

Card name team took a bit of a break on "Acid-Spewer Dragon".

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Got completely destroyed at FNM. Went 4-0-1 at the stupid SCG trial thing last week with the exact same deck (which is meaningless, there's just more players). I just gave up on game 3 instead of bothering to mull to 5 against Control. There's no way I'd win and it would take forever to lose. I went to a bar instead. Always a good decision.

I was playing around with a neat looking Esper list that I saw posted from Japan.

4 Monastery Mentor
4 Snapcaster Mage
2 Tasigur, the Golden Fang
Creatures [10]

1 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
Planeswalkers [1]

1 Disfigure
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Lingering Souls
2 Murderous Cut
4 Path to Exile
2 Remand
2 Slaughter Pact
2 Spell Snare
4 Thought Scour
2 Thoughtseize
Spells [27]

4 Creeping Tar Pit
4 Flooded Strand
1 Godless Shrine
1 Hallowed Fountain
2 Island
1 Marsh Flats
1 Plains
4 Polluted Delta
1 Swamp
1 Vault of the Archangel
2 Watery Grave
Lands [22]

I was thinking of changing it up a tad, and jamming in Lili...

4 Monastery Mentor
4 Snapcaster Mage
2 Tasigur, the Golden Fang
Creatures [10]

4 Liliana of the Veil
Planeswalkers [4]

1 Disfigure
4 Inquisition of Kozilek
4 Lingering Souls
4 Path to Exile
2 Remand
2 Spell Snare
4 Thought Scour
2 Thoughtseize
Spells [23]

4 Creeping Tar Pit
4 Flooded Strand
1 Godless Shrine
1 Hallowed Fountain
2 Island
1 Marsh Flats
1 Plains
4 Polluted Delta
1 Swamp
1 Vault of the Archangel
2 Watery Grave
Lands [22]

What do you think of the deck, either with or without Liliana?

Jhriad

Ruthless Deathfang interacts with Exploit nicely. Makes me wonder how much more interaction with the keyword we'll see.

So, is there any chance that this card will see Constructed play?
JZN5s0F.png

While it does require reaching six mana (in green of all colors, how is that possible?), you effectively have at least 12 mana available to you next turn if you attack with it, even if it dies during combat.

Collected Company seems like a good card in Eternal Command.

http://i.imgur.com/JZN5s0F.png[/im]

While it does require reaching six mana (in green of all colors, how is that possible?), you effectively have at least 12 mana available to you next turn if you attack with it, even if it dies during combat.[/QUOTE]
The mana cost isn't particularly prohibitive, although the difference between 5 and 6 matters a lot when curving out with ramp cards unless it's Frontier Siege. The main problem is that by that stage of the the game, you're not likely to have great ways to use the extra mana since your hand is lightened or empty. It's also a pretty poor top deck outside of being a fat dragon. I'd be surprised if it saw play with all the other more consistent options.

ElyrionX

Got completely destroyed at FNM. Went 4-0-1 at the stupid SCG trial thing last week with the exact same deck (which is meaningless, there's just more players). I just gave up on game 3 instead of bothering to mull to 5 against Control. There's no way I'd win and it would take forever to lose. I went to a bar instead. Always a good decision.

Never say never.

I lost to Abzan once as Twin despite the guy mulling to 5 and being stuck on 2 lands for 6 turns while I hit all my land drops.

Bonethug

http://i.imgur.com/JZN5s0F.png[/im]

While it does require reaching six mana (in green of all colors, how is that possible?), you effectively have at least 12 mana available to you next turn if you attack with it, even if it dies during combat.[/QUOTE]
Crater's Claws you for 13 assuming it survived combat. If it connects, just gotta find 3 more damage

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Never say never.

I lost to Abzan once as Twin despite the guy mulling to 5 and being stuck on 2 lands for 6 turns while I hit all my land drops.

Yeah but my deck has no ridiculous 2 card instant win and he kept 7. I guess I coulda drawn to see if my hand was nothing but land and Thoughtseize, but meh, he can have that win.

I think the chances of a win on a mull to 5 are like 5% or something.

Never saying never is a great way to make Magic super not-fun really fast, actually. If you can't win a game, prolonging it doesn't make things fun for you or your opponent, tbh.

ironmang

Solid enough show, but super disappointed that Goyf is mythic again. The print run won't be anywhere near enough to compensate for that and the demand, despite it being more than MM1.

MM2 doesn't even matter to me after the MSRP was announced. Making shitty limited cards mythics in $10 packs is gross.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, printing Goyf and making packs 10 bucks is a hell of a gamble. They're really counting on people really needing to play the limited format. 10 bucks a pack seemed pretty defensible if rares are modern staple necessities and mythics be....well, shit anything besides Goyf, tbh.

Giants and Kamigawa dragons ain't gonna cut it at 10 bucks a pack and the card that everybody wants at mythic.

Jhriad

Wasn't Khans of Tarkir supposed to retire by the launch of origins or zenidkar?

In order to fit the new rotation

The diagram they showed describing the new block layout had Khans in Standard along with the next Standard block (now known to be Zendikar). Unless Origins and Magic 2016 (those are still two different products right?) are going to be considered a block for standard purposes in which case Khans block would be in Standard until Zendikar hit.

EDIT: Image inserted

en_schedule.gif

kirblar

Dragons/Origins are considered a block.

The new rotation doesn't take effect until the block AFTER Zendikar (Spring 2016), at which point sets start rotating out 2 at a time.

Jhriad

Dragons/Origins are considered a block.

So is Origins just the Magic 2016 set under a different name?

Edit: Googled like a non-lazy fuck and figured out that 2016=Origins. Was curious about that. For some reason I had Origins as Conspiracy for this year in my head. Obviously that's MM2015.

Angry Grimace

Yeah, printing Goyf and making packs 10 bucks is a hell of a gamble. They're really counting on people really needing to play the limited format. 10 bucks a pack seemed pretty defensible if rares are modern staple necessities and mythics be....well, shit anything besides Goyf, tbh.

Giants and Kamigawa dragons ain't gonna cut it at 10 bucks a pack and the card that everybody wants at mythic.

People will play it for the same reason they pay 200 for a piece of cardboard

I can think of one way to spend that mana...

en_QSRYP1z2Lg.png

Oh damn, that could actually work! Although,

1: 1 Forest, Elvish Mystic
2: 1 Forest/Mountain, 2 lands + EM = Shaman of Forgotten Ways
3: 1 Forest/Mountain, 3 lands + EM + SFW = Savage Ventmaw
4: 1 Forest/Mountain, attack with Savage Ventmaw, 4 lands + EM + SV = 11 mana. However, though you have the exact amount of mana, you don't quite have the 8 power needed to activate Formidable.

So, at best, this would be a turn 5 win. Still very cool, though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can someone give me the cliffnotes on how Black managed to reach 200 life?

Sam is going to win this game by picking up his Polukranos with Temur Sabertooth, recasting it, and re-activating Monstrosity over and over again to clear Michael's board.

Patrick Sullivan: "For those of you just tuning in, this is a real thing you're watching."

Oh damn, that could actually work! Although,

1: 1 Forest, Elvish Mystic
2: 1 Forest/Mountain, 2 lands + EM = Shaman of Forgotten Ways
3: 1 Forest/Mountain, 3 lands + EM + SFW = Savage Ventmaw
4: 1 Forest/Mountain, attack with Savage Ventmaw, 4 lands + EM + SV = 11 mana. However, though you have the exact amount of mana, you don't quite have the 8 power needed to activate Formidable.

So, at best, this would be a turn 5 win. Still very cool, though.

635610589585179308.png

Throw in 2 copies of this guy as well with collected company and that can speed it up.

Angry Grimace

Someone's gonna have to talk me off the ledge of Sarkhan Unbroken, Thunderbreak Regent and Stormbreath in one glorious flying lizard deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom