• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironmang

That's not an issue, I do it too unless I'm really tight for time.

It sounds like the G/W mirrors are simply not able to avoid draws because neither can disrupt Mastery.

Well, I think the guy with 2 draws in a tournament is always pressed for time lol.

inthrall

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";155034937]FUUUUCK MY LIFE :(

2nd at the pptq god damn[/QUOTE]

I know those feels, I came second (losing to mono-red) in the finals for the GPT that gave byes for the GP I am attending this weekend :(

ultron87

Temur nooooooo.

That's mostly the deck I've been running this Standard. Though I don't have the Rabblemasters and run all 4 Stormbreath. It is real fun.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
What do you need and what do you have?

I need

3 inkmoths
2 pendelhaven
4 mights of old krosa
4 vines of vastwood
3 ichorclaw myr

and if you have these for trade (lol)
Spellskite
Noble Heirarch

And I have
Way too much to list. What are you looking for, there is decent chance I have it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Maybe I should buy some See the Unwritten just in case huge fuck off Eldrazi are coming to Standard lol

Jhriad

Newb rules clarification:

Does Whip of Erebos prevent sacrifice effects triggering if you sac the creature you Whipped back? The reason I ask is that the rules state, "To sacrifice a permanent, its controller moves it from the battlefield directly to its owner’s graveyard." Whipped creatures are exiled instead so does this mean I can't whip back a creature and use it as fuel for something like Exploit?

EDIT: The Whip Gatherer entry says that death triggers the whipped creature has won't trigger but it doesn't specify anything about other cards. I assume it works the same way, correct?

Newb rules clarification:

Does Whip of Erebos prevent sacrifice effects triggering if you sac the creature you Whipped back? The reason I ask is that the rules state, "To sacrifice a permanent, its controller moves it from the battlefield directly to its owner’s graveyard." Whipped creatures are exiled instead so does this mean I can't whip back a creature and use it as fuel for something like Exploit?

The creature is still sacrificed, and thus will suffice for paying a cost. It's just that as it's being moved to the graveyard, it gets diverted to the exile zone.

Jhriad

Crater-Elemental-216x302.jpg

Mardu and Temur are looking pretty interesting.

Firemind

Paying three mana to attack is just asking to get blown out, and you can't even activate it all the time.

Yeah, I am. But I also have an American forwarding address, so I can get packages for cheap from wherever. What are y'all looking for?
Oh, I can just send it to you for free. Shipping to germany is like 1,50. It's not like I'm ever going to play infect. (I'll keep the spellskite tho.)

Toxi

Banned
The art is weird, the power and toughness are weird, the second ability is weird... Crater Elemental is just a really weird card.

I like it.

WanderingWind

Oh, I can just send it to you for free. Shipping to germany is like 1,50. It's not like I'm ever going to play infect. (I'll keep the spellskite tho.)

Wow, thank you! Hey, if you ever need something to fill out a deck hit me up first and I'll definitely return the favor.

And if you want anything for that spellskite, you know, name your price/trade. :)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Formidable is one of the laziest win-more mechanics in a while.

Like it doesn't even ask you to build around it the way Ferocious does - rather than assigning extra value to creatures with 4 power (like Frost Walker) it just doesn't care how you even got to 8, a totally arbitrary number well past winmore range.

Firemind

Wow, thank you! Hey, if you ever need something to fill out a deck hit me up first and I'll definitely return the favor.

And if you want anything for that spellskite, you know, name your price/trade. :)
Are you going to attend GP Utrecht? Maybe we can hang out and have a few drinks or something. Too bad there are no german GPs because of the dumb gambling laws.

WanderingWind

Are you going to attend GP Utrecht? Maybe we can hang out and have a few drinks or something. Too bad there are no german GPs because of the dumb gambling laws.

I hadn't thought about it, but I might go to that one and the Prague one. But I can only find the Prague info. When is Utrecht?

Firemind

I hadn't thought about it, but I might go to that one and the Prague one. But I can only find the Prague info. When is Utrecht?
May 30th. You can register here. It's €70 for preregistering, which is okay for six packs of MM2. GP Vegas is $75 I believe and it's possible that GP may be split into two GPs. :lol

WanderingWind

May 30th. You can register here. It's €70 for preregistering, which is okay for six packs of MM2. GP Vegas is $75 I believe and it's possible that GP may be split into two GPs. :lol

Of course it is, because that's the one week I've got plans. Ironically, with another GAF bro. I dunno, I may still make it though. The days are different and it is MMA2...

An-Det

Has a GP finals ever ended by decking (when they weren't dedicated mill decks)? Because I can't imagine this going any other way.

Does this work?

I have Anafenza (DTK), a aether vial at 3, 4 land in play.
A restoration angel and flickerwisp in hand.
At eot I want to exile 2 of my opponent's permanents until the next eot, a pretty common play.

1. Vial in flickerwisp, put bolster trigger on stack, then wisp trigger.
2. Resolve wisp trigger
3. Cast restoration angel, put bolster trigger on stack, then angel trigger
4. Resolve angel trigger targeting flickerwisp
5. Flickerwisp etb, put bolster trigger on stack, then wisp trigger
6. Resolve wisp trigger, then I get 3 bolsters, probably 2 on flickerwisp and one on anafenza

Angry Grimace

I really could see Mastery getting banned rather than risking this situation for the next 5 months in Standard.

I think there needs to be time for the meta to adjust with sideboarding for that matchup before it starts getting ban talk.

Does this work?

I have Anafenza (DTK), a aether vial at 3, 4 land in play.
A restoration angel and flickerwisp in hand.
At eot I want to exile 2 of my opponent's permanents until the next eot, a pretty common play.

1. Vial in flickerwisp, put bolster trigger on stack, then wisp trigger.
2. Resolve wisp trigger
3. Cast restoration angel, put bolster trigger on stack, then angel trigger
4. Resolve angel trigger targeting flickerwisp
5. Flickerwisp etb, put bolster trigger on stack, then wisp trigger
6. Resolve wisp trigger, then I get 3 bolsters, probably 2 on flickerwisp and one on anafenza

It works, but I'm curious which part you thought might NOT work?

Angry Grimace

There's not time to adjust. Only one week remains before DTK releases. That's the only reason I could see such a weird ban happening.

Drawing all your games is boring at normal events and the Pro Tour is where people adjust. I don't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom