• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

hedoniststrove.jpg

Don't know if it's too expensive to see play but is a cool card

Way too slow. You'll be able to Delve several times over before this is even cast.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As an actual card, Sarkhan is super good, actually. Three colors in an unpopular color combo is a problem though.

I'm surprised at the number of people who have tried to convince me Sarkhan's actual abilities are bad. His plus is ramp and draw a card and his minus is pooping 4/4 fliers. Drop him and hit the minus and if he makes it to turn 2 you'll just overwhelm them on card advantage and mana.

Since they're saving the red enemy hoser for later, I wonder if they're doing something unique with it. Like:

Hijack - 1R
Instant
Choose one--
* Gain control of target white or blue instant, sorcery, or Aura spell. You may choose new targets for that spell.
* Gain control of target ability with a white or blue source. You may choose new targets for that ability.

MjFrancis

My preliminary Dragons of Takir drafting strategy:

1) Draft Dragons
2) Do nothing for six turns until I can cast a Dragon
2) ???
3) Profit!

Seriously, Khans had morphs on T5 and Dragons will drop on T6. I might actually try drafting few dragons and just seeing if I can close the game out before T7. It really depends on the quality of the commons and uncommons in this set.

For most every Fates draft I've just forced White by picking every Sandsteppe Outcast I can find and making it work from there. I might not change that this time around. Just remembered that Fates will be drafted last this time around. Maybe not then.

G.ZZZ

Hate red card:

Red Elemental Pyroblast of Chaos 1R
Instant
Counter target blue or white spell, or target player sacrifice a blue or white creature. Deal 2 damage to your opponent.

Kreygasm

OnPoint

Question:

Say I Manifest the top of my library and it's a non-creature permanent that flips. Then I Cloudshift that 2/2. What happens?

Question:

Say I Manifest the top of my library and it's a non-creature permanent that flips. Then I Cloudshift that 2/2. What happens?

As long as it's face-down, it's a creature that can be enchanted by Cloudshift. Since the face is not a creature, you can't use the manifest cost to turn it face up.

EDIT: Derp, was thinking about Cloudform. When the face down creature is exiled, if the face is a permanent, it returns to the battlefield. Otherwise, it remains in exile.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Question:

You just get the permanent back face up. Cloudshift doesn't care about what it comes back as - it even says "return that card" (although that's assuredly to remind you that a token can't be Cloudshifted).

As long as it's face-down, it's a creature that can be enchanted by Cloudshift. Since the face is not a creature, you can't use the manifest cost to turn it face up.

Cloudshift (AVR), not Cloudform (FRF).

Angry Grimace

That's what I hoped. Thanks guys!

Obviously a spell would just graveyard right?

If it is a Sorcery or Instant, it cannot enter the battlefield by rule and stays exiled.

(307.4. Sorceries can't enter the battlefield. If a sorcery would enter the battlefield, it remains in its previous zone instead.)

ultron87

A spell actually it just stays in exile.

If it was an Aura it would enter the battlefield, attach to a legal thing of your choice if it exists, and end up in the graveyard if it can't find anything.

Yep, should be fun. Gonna rent a house with a pool

Haha how much is that going to cost if I might ask? I assume its outside the scope of what me and my friends want to pay (we've already booked a hotel but could be convinced otherwise!). None of us have been to Vegas so we're kind of flying blind.

Angry Grimace

Haha how much is that going to cost if I might ask? I assume its outside the scope of what me and my friends want to pay (we've already booked a hotel but could be convinced otherwise!). None of us have been to Vegas so we're kind of flying blind.

Never been to Vegas? Oh my sweet summer child...

Kacar

First look at B/R dragons, more to the style I like to play with kills spells instead of full on dragons.

Creatures (12)
4 Thunderbreak Regent
4 Stormbreath Dragon
2 Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
2 Dragonlord Kolaghan

Spells (16)
2 Lightning Strike
2 Read the Bones
4 Hero's Downfall
3 Kolaghan's command
2 Outpost Siege

Lands (24)
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Temple of Malice
4 Bloodfell Caves
1 Crucible of the Spirit Dragon
6 Mountain
5 Swamp

Sideboard (15)
4 Thoughtseize
2 Dark Betrayal
3 Anger of the Gods
1 Whip of Erebos
2 Crux of Fate
3 Lilliana Vess

Think Dragon Tempest is worth it, seems like it could be really good? What matchups is Lilliana even good in I only have her there cause she is the only PW I have right now.
The Sideboard is just random right now. Maybe Bile blight over lightning strike?

well, we're in a slightly different situation since my friends and I are using this GP as an excuse to go to vegas to rock climb at red rocks. The magic GP is a bonus. So we're staying very close to red rocks and not very close to the convention center.

well, we're in a slightly different situation since my friends and I are using this GP as an excuse to go to vegas to rock climb at red rocks. The magic GP is a bonus. So we're staying very close to red rocks and not very close to the convention center.

Ahhhh okay. So yeah it probably isn't costing you a ton. Well, enjoy!

Wichu

Just placed an order to finish up my green devotion playsets (Polukranos, Nykthos, Genesis Hydra) and get some Gods for my Soulflayer deck. Maybe not the best choice given we're only a few months from rotation, but I'll wring the last drops of fun out of Theros block while I can :p

I do think the Gods will at least keep their price, as they don't see much Standard play - Polukranos and Nykthos also see Commander play, so they shouldn't drop too much when they rotate, right?

Angry Grimace

The last time I did Sealed at a prerelease the only match (and games) I lost were to.....Mastery of the Unseen!

Just placed an order to finish up my green devotion playsets (Polukranos, Nykthos, Genesis Hydra) and get some Gods for my Soulflayer deck. Maybe not the best choice given we're only a few months from rotation, but I'll wring the last drops of fun out of Theros block while I can :p

I do think the Gods will at least keep their price, as they don't see much Standard play - Polukranos and Nykthos also see Commander play, so they shouldn't drop too much when they rotate, right?

We're actually still half a year from Rotation and months from Super Standard.

Wichu

The last time I did Sealed at a prerelease the only match (and games) I lost were to.....Mastery of the Unseen!

Actually, same here (at the Launch Party). I played Jeskai splashing black (as usual - I played the same colours at the KTK and FRF prereleases, to 2nd and 4th place respectively), and Mastery of the Unseen was the only thing I lost to. Not even the might of Mantis Rider can keep up with 4+ life per turn. I'm surprised it's taken people this long to realise that it might be good in constructed.

Well, there was a game that event where I tried to be clever and Murderous Cut my own guy to counter Douse in Gloom's lifegain and pump my prowess guy for lethal. Unfortunately that put him in range of Valorous Stance :(

Angry Grimace

First look at B/R dragons, more to the style I like to play with kills spells instead of full on dragons.

Creatures (12)
4 Thunderbreak Regent
4 Stormbreath Dragon
2 Kolaghan, the Storm's Fury
2 Dragonlord Kolaghan

Spells (16)
2 Lightning Strike
2 Read the Bones
4 Hero's Downfall
3 Kolaghan's command
2 Outpost Siege

Lands (24)
4 Bloodstained Mire
4 Temple of Malice
4 Bloodfell Caves
1 Crucible of the Spirit Dragon
6 Mountain
5 Swamp

Sideboard (15)
4 Thoughtseize
2 Dark Betrayal
3 Anger of the Gods
1 Whip of Erebos
2 Crux of Fate
3 Lilliana Vess

Think Dragon Tempest is worth it, seems like it could be really good? What matchups is Lilliana even good in I only have her there cause she is the only PW I have right now.
The Sideboard is just random right now. Maybe Bile blight over lightning strike?

Dragon Tempest doesn't seem good because half of the first mode is wasted on guys that already have haste. There's not a critical dragon mass either, really.

Firemind

Dragon Tempest doesn't seem good because half of the first mode is wasted on guys that already have haste. There's not a critical dragon mass either, really.
Descent of the Dragons bro.

Though I'm not sure if Tempest or Temur Ascendancy is better in a vacuum. Ascendancy seems better with Sarkhan, but Tempest can win the game on the spot.

Angry Grimace

Descent of the Dragons bro.

Though I'm not sure if Tempest or Temur Ascendancy is better in a vacuum. Ascendancy seems better with Sarkhan, but Tempest can win the game on the spot.

That just seems cute.

I think neither are good.

So G/W may be playing Phenax now as a 1-of.

Easy, just splash two colors for a card that wins on the spot. NBD.

It's also critical to have a way to win on MTGO. :p

EDIT: It feels like a deal with the devil. "Okay, we'll play a Phenax in our main deck, if you promise not to ban Mystery of the Unseen. Deal?"

Kacar

If only there was a good 3 drop dragon, just like a 2/2 haste, basically just that phoenix from Fate Reforged, I might still end of playing it though.

Digging for options in Bogles again:

123548_1zukz7.jpg
185840_1fjjs8.jpg
189067_11wksh.jpg

Triclopean Sight is probably too low impact to be used, but man does it troll Cryptic Command.

The real decision here is between Spectral Flight and Madcap Skills. Both give evasion that are more or less relevant depending on the matchup. Madcap Skills is huge in tandem with first strike enablers and is a great out to maindecked blood moons. Spectral Flight is better against Anger of the Gods and Intangible Virtue while being almost as powerful as Madcap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom