• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Dragony Tutor

B_wqdSDUsAESv0K.png:large
Art reminded me of

dragonmaster_outcast.jpg

Now I'm sad as we probably won't get anything like that... ;-;

y2dvd

4-color Defenders

4xSlyvan Caratid
4xCourser of Kruphix
4xNyx-Fleece Ram
3xWall of Essence
4xJeskai Barricade
2xTasigur
1xSilumgar, the Drifting Death

2xPhenax

4xAssault Formation
4xCommune with the Gods
3xThoughtseize
2xHero's Downfall

And this is why I'm not a deck builder lol. I can probably cut some creatures/Assult Formation/Commune with the Gods for some more removal or for a DTT, but yeah I'm gonna make some wack funsies deck. I just want to have Phenax out and constantly tap my Jeskai Barricade, bounce it with another Barricade, cast and repeat lol.

Toxi

Banned
Too bad his two abilities conflict.
On the plus side, they interact well with extra copies of the card. Play one, and the dash cost for the others decreases.

On the minus side, there are few cards that have a dash cost that will be reduced further by two copies (Just Kolaghan and Mardu Strike Leader in Fate Reforged). They should have made an expensive dash creature for kicks.

GAF version! Because everybody loves talking about themselves:

What is your gender? Male
What is your age? 26
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? ~19 years, since Revised/Ice Age
How long have you posted on NeoGAF? 9 years
Do you generally play Magic on a computer (online) or in person (paper)? Paper
Do you play MTGO? No
What type of player would you consider yourself? Competitive, average but improving
How many events do you attend, both online and paper, on average per week? 2
How many GPs (Grand Prix) have you attended? 1
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? Definitely Grimace or WanderingWind for always believing in me.

MjFrancis

bigkrev

What is your age? 27
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? Started with 4th edition, stopped with Apocalypse, came back for Mirroden, stepped away with Coldsnap, came back for M11. So 15 years combined?
How long have you posted on NeoGAF? 2 days till my 6th year anni!
Do you play MTGO?used to
What type of player would you consider yourself? Competitive, average and content
How many events do you attend, both online and paper, on average per week? 1 at most
How many GPs (Grand Prix) have you attended? 3- GP NJ 2004, Philly 2012 and 2014
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? wants kirblar-senpai to notice him

red13th

I had to go over his entire MtG portfolio after seeing this card. I'm tempted to collect his work. It's a very distinct style, though I've liked quite a bit of his art without ever following up on the artist in this case.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?output=spoiler&method=visual&action=advanced&artist=%5b%22Raymond+Swanland%22%5d

He's a great artist with a very distinctive style. My favourites (hard to choose!) are probably Firespout (sooo good), Whisperwood Elemental and Rescue from the Underworld. Oh, and Ugin, of course! Warbringer is definitely a contender though.

This Firespout is amazing, a shame he doesn't sell prints yet.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";155438230]GAF version! Because everybody loves talking about themselves:[/quote]

What is your age? 30
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? Going on 4 years.
How long have you posted on NeoGAF?According to my profile, 6 years.
Do you generally play Magic on a computer (online) or in person (paper)?Mostly online these days
Do you play MTGO?Yep
What type of player would you consider yourself?Casual? The tournament scene isn't for 30-year-olds with a wife, kid, fulltime job, and grad school. I just play however I can these days.
How many events do you attend, both online and paper, on average per week? 1 (unless cube is on MTGO, then 5+)
How many GPs (Grand Prix) have you attended? 0
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? WanderingWind for keeping it chill and kirblar for basically always being right.

red13th

What is your age? 29
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? I'd have to check the Brazilian release dates, but 4th Edition through Urza's Destiny, then very erratically from 9th Ed/original Ravnica until now.
How long have you posted on NeoGAF? Around 4 years.
Do you generally play Magic on a computer (online) or in person (paper)? 100% Paper.
Do you play MTGO? Nope, tried once, couldn't figure it out, uninstalled.
What type of player would you consider yourself? 100% casual, aspiring Cube manager, Modern/Legacy event watcher.
How many events do you attend, both online and paper, on average per week? 0
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? kirblar because he knows stuff, charlequin because he likes the same classic MtG artists I do.

Joe Molotov

What is your age? 31
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? 4 months, ha! I played casually back during 5th Ed/Tempest/Urza tho
How long have you posted on NeoGAF? 9 years.
Do you play MTGO? Yeah, for drafts.
What type of player would you consider yourself? I'm okay, but I have spike-ish tendancies, so I want to git gud.
How many events do you attend, both online and paper, on average per week? 2 (Thursday Night Draft + FNM Standard)
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? "God's Beard!" for having quotation marks and an exclamation point!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";155438230]GAF version! Because everybody loves talking about themselves:

What is your age? 26
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? ~19 years, since Revised/Ice Age
How long have you posted on NeoGAF? 9 years
Do you play MTGO? No
What type of player would you consider yourself? Competitive, average but improving
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? Definitely Grimace or WanderingWind for always believing in me.[/QUOTE]

You were playing when you were 7? Sounds about as likely as your win loss record.

You were playing when you were 7? Sounds about as likely as your win loss record.

Yeah, the kids at my after school program in Elementary school played. We didn't know basically any of the rules and just stacked all our cards on top of each other for decks lol

Anyway, somehow it stuck and we all grew up drafting together on and off all the way through college, when we'd meet on our summers off. I didn't play competitively until the last couple years, though.

I don't actually post my win/loss records outside of event reports because it would infuriate you. And because the sample size is still way too small and mostly local-level events.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";155442481]Yeah, the kids at my after school program in Elementary school played. We didn't know basically any of the rules and just stacked all our cards on top of each other for decks lol

Anyway, somehow it stuck and we all grew up drafting together all the way through college, when we'd meet on our summers off. I didn't play competitively until the last couple years, though.[/QUOTE]

Also, you say "do you play MTGO" and you put no, but I've seen you on and off on MTGO for the last few months

I don't think the question asked if you were currently logged on this second

What is your age? newly 35
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? Apocalypse thru Fifth Dawn, then M13 through now
How long have you posted on NeoGAF? Not sure, 15 or 16 years maybe?
Do you play MTGO? No
What type of player would you consider yourself? Aspiring Competitive. Need to get a new job so I can afford to get to more events.
How many events do you attend, both online and paper, on average per week? 3
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? I hate all of you. Intensely. So I'll go with Divisionbyzorro.

BONUS QUESTION: Which is more overpowered, Forest or Island? Island

Also, you say "do you play MTGO" and you put no, but I've seen you on and off on MTGO for the last few months

I don't think the question asked if you were currently logged on this second

I posted a couple weeks ago about it, but I unistalled MODO because I was spending too much money and I had no interest in building a constructed deck. Even if you win a lot playing draft, you're basically always losing money and the entertainment value just wasn't enough for me. I haven't touched it since.

I was playing like 10 drafts and several pptq events every week, I had to stop. Even if you get the average cost of a draft down to like 5 bucks, that's still a ton of money for getting basically nothing in return other than a few hours of entertainment.

kirblar

What is your age? 30
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? Since Revised
How long have you posted on NeoGAF? Since 2010
Do you generally play Magic on a computer (online) or in person (paper)? 100% Paper.
Do you play MTGO? Have tried, hate the client.
What type of player would you consider yourself? It's not any fun if the other guy isn't trying to murder you
How many events do you attend, both online and paper, on average per week? 0 right now, will change in near future
How many GPs (Grand Prix) have you attended? 10-20
How many PTs (Pro Tours) have you attended? 1
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? Charlequin because he can ban me

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";155444191]Kirblar slipping that pro tour in there to show us what's up lol

How was the experience, anyway? I never asked.[/QUOTE]
I bombed out, but Amsterdam was amazing- friend clued me into a cheap Hostel that ended up filled with MTG players. I want to go back eventually when I have the cash. Also, thanks to watching a documentary, I was able to spot a Gigolo on one of the trams there.

The budget cuts that get us extra PTs have unfortunately also made "Play the Game, See the World" less of a thing. Should be playing the game more again myself. Turns out ADHD can complete screw up your energy levels if you don't have the hyperactive type.

I bombed out, but Amsterdam was amazing- friend clued me into a cheap Hostel that ended up filled with MTG players. I want to go back eventually when I have the cash. Also, thanks to watching a documentary, I was able to spot a Gigolo on one of the trams there.

The budget cuts that get us extra PTs have unfortunately also made "Play the Game, See the World" less of a thing. Should be playing the game more again myself. Turns out ADHD can complete screw up your energy levels if you don't have the hyperactive type.

Yeah, I really want to use my two byes at GP Shanghai as an excuse to travel, but the plane tickets seem kinda serious...

kirblar

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";155444896]Yeah, I really want to use my two byes at GP Shanghai as an excuse to travel, but the plane tickets seem kinda serious...[/QUOTE]
Yeah, just save your money, overseas isn't worth it EV-wise.

Yeah, just save your money, overseas isn't worth it EV-wise.

Well I was planning on having a long vacation somewhere cheap like Thailand in the next year or so, so I figured maybe move it up but I don't think it's in the cards. I could always just top 4 against people I can't communicate with and make my money back lol

What is your age? 29
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? ~1.5? Since Theros
How long have you posted on NeoGAF? 5 years
Do you play MTGO? No
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? Probably Kirblar

What is your age? 23
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic?I played regularly during Scars block, but life issues got in the way. Now I'm back in the saddle as of a few weeks ago.
How long have you posted on NeoGAF?Since 2012
Do you play MTGO? A little. Keep it mainly to Phantom events
What type of player would you consider yourself? I change my mentality to fit the playstyles of those around me. I can be fun and lighthearted in casual events, but I WILL put my gameface on in tournament events.
How many events do you attend, both online and paper, on average per week? 1
How many GPs (Grand Prix) have you attended? Going to my first in GP Cleveland this weekend (speaking of which, anyone else here going?)
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? Haven't hung around this thread long enough to make a choice, but, based on my experiences outside of this thread, I'd probably say The Technomancer.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";155443873]I posted a couple weeks ago about it, but I unistalled MODO because I was spending too much money and I had no interest in building a constructed deck. Even if you win a lot playing draft, you're basically always losing money and the entertainment value just wasn't enough for me. I haven't touched it since.

I was playing like 10 drafts and several pptq events every week, I had to stop. Even if you get the average cost of a draft down to like 5 bucks, that's still a ton of money for getting basically nothing in return other than a few hours of entertainment.[/QUOTE]

Learn better self control. Legacy Cube is back on March 18th along with Rise of the Eldrazi flashback drafts.

What is your age? 36
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? Almost 19 years- since Alliances.
How long have you posted on NeoGAF? 4 years.
Do you generally play Magic on a computer (online) or in person (paper)? Computer
Do you play MTGO? Almost exclusively.
What type of player would you consider yourself? One who's just in it for kicks. The quality of the MTGO player pool showed me how good I really am (which is not as good as I had thought.)
How many events do you attend, both online and paper, on average per week? 0
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? SigmasonicX - he seems to have an appreciation for Magic design as a creative endeavor, which I appreciate since I'm balls-deep working on my own custom sets at the moment. And WanderingWind from that one time we chatted on MTGO.

What is your age? 31
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? 21 years
How long have you posted on NeoGAF? Have been on this board since its earliest days, didn't post until later
Do you generally play Magic on a computer (online) or in person (paper)? Both
Do you play MTGO? Yes
What type of player would you consider yourself? Both competitive and casual
How many events do you attend, both online and paper, on average per week? 3
How many GPs (Grand Prix) have you attended? 1, soon to be 2 in Vegas
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? Unsure!

To me, the Khans timeline seems a lot more interesting than the Dragons timeline, from both a flavor perspective (dragons are pretty meh) and from a mechanical perspective (would have liked to seen the wedges explored further).

This is really my biggest problem with the block. The dragons themselves are cool, Ugin being alive again is cool, but the clans themselves are extremely interesting from a setting-design standpoint and they're gone now. (This is the exact same problem Alara had, actually.)

Ah, this makes sense. But yeah, the commander deck sort of shows that Urza is going to happen probably in 2-3 years.

Urza's kind of a rough one. All the other major oldwalkers you can tick off in cycles in products like Commander or Conspiracy, but Urza's such a weird, major character that he'd kind of draw attention away from everything else. You'd probably want to do an "Urza vs. Yawgmoth" Duel Deck or something.

Urza's basically every color but Green.

I'd do kind of a Sarkhan thing with him where he starts out Esper (as opposed to Mishra's Grixis) but shifts into red later on.

also WotC forced MTGImages to close and now Cubetutor uses Gatherer (read: SHIT) images for their drafts and visual spoilers. I hate wotc :/

This is irritating and terrible. High-quality card images that aren't printable-level probably net make WotC money just by improving the quality of web tools supporting the game.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
What is your age? 34
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? The first 2 years of its existance and now back since Scars block. Roughly 4 years.
How long have you posted on NeoGAF? Feb. 2009.
Do you generally play Magic on a computer (online) or in person (paper)? Both
Do you play MTGO? Yes
What type of player would you consider yourself? Casual now, but more competitive minded when I lived in an area with LCS. Nearest place is an hour away and MTGO competitiveness is dying out because of the client issues.
How many events do you attend, both online and paper, on average per week? Now, 1. When I lived in Cali, 5-7
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? Honestly, there isn't a bad member on MTG GAF. Kirblar drops knowledge bombs, f0rk and I are usually on the same wavelength, ultron is the best for weird rules interactions and is quick to help newbs, Grimace is always trying new shit out, GB has the craziest stories (and the pics to prove most of 'em), Firemind is just so upbeat about everything, archreon actually seems to like Magic, unlike most of us jaded fucks and divisionbyzorro is always challenging my views on what is good and what sucks in a good way. Greatest MtG community on the web.

Shoutouts to Graki, Haly, OnPoint, Crocodile and of course, Technomancer, who used to post more back in the day, but have probably been lured away by the siren's call of Hearthstone. :(

What the heck, I'll do this. Watch my inexperience show:

What is your age? 18
How long (total time) have you regularly played Magic? Since M14 Casually/M15 actively, but I first bought cards in Alara Block.
How long have you posted on NeoGAF? Since My account got approved(Mid 2014)
Do you generally play Magic on a computer (online) or in person (paper)? In Paper
Do you play MTGO? Noperoni
What type of player would you consider yourself? Using the player thing, I'm a Timmy/Johnny with a splash of Spike
How many events do you attend, both online and paper, on average per week? 1
How many GPs (Grand Prix) have you attended? 0, though I'm hoping to change that the next time a GP comes nearby
Who's your favorite MTG-GAF member? Not been active here enough to answer, so No Comment.

I kind of wish that Tarkir had still remained Tricolour, but that would Mean Alara shards. Hmm
Dromoka=Bant
Jeskai=Esper
Temur=Naya
Sultai=Grixis
Mardu=Jund?

It could work as a 3 colour idea, but I'm not sure it's anything new.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Good, I was starting to worry I had started before every other person in this thread.

I think there are a couple of people who started at the very beginning. I quit back during Ice Age, so I missed most of everything inbetween. There are a couple others like me that took a many year break roaming 'round these parts.

Angry Grimace

This is really my biggest problem with the block. The dragons themselves are cool, Ugin being alive again is cool, but the clans themselves are extremely interesting from a setting-design standpoint and they're gone now. (This is the exact same problem Alara had, actually.)

Urza's kind of a rough one. All the other major oldwalkers you can tick off in cycles in products like Commander or Conspiracy, but Urza's such a weird, major character that he'd kind of draw attention away from everything else. You'd probably want to do an "Urza vs. Yawgmoth" Duel Deck or something.

I'd do kind of a Sarkhan thing with him where he starts out Esper (as opposed to Mishra's Grixis) but shifts into red later on.

This is irritating and terrible. High-quality card images that aren't printable-level probably net make WotC money just by improving the quality of web tools supporting the game.

I don't think Yawgmoth could have a card unless he was 5BBBB and 20/20 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom