• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was really expecting to see Surrak or Dromoka Command by now.. Don't we also have a Blue clan leader to see? I don't think they'll complete the Mono color Khan cycle with narset being Mythic and the rest Rare.

EDIT: Misunderstood.

And I don't know if we'll see a blue clan leader or not. I don't see why the cycle has to match at rarity. I thought they'd learned that lesson by now.

Matriox

EDIT: Misunderstood.

And I don't know if we'll see a blue clan leader or not. I don't see why the cycle has to match at rarity. I thought they'd learned that lesson by now.

I'm just going by previous decisions theyve made, but since Narset is Uw as well as a planeswalker it really wouldn't be a cycle at all anymore.

ultron87

scionofugin.jpg

I like that there is base model dragon.

kirblar

I'm just going by previous decisions theyve made, but since Narset is Uw as well as a planeswalker it really wouldn't be a cycle at all anymore.
He'll be in. They're bringing in Creative way, way earlier in the process to try and avoid Gisa/Geralf-type situations.

Okay, this is what I have so far, needs pruning:

3 Assault Formation
4 Sylvan Caryatid
4 Courser of Kruphix
4 Prophetic Flamespeaker
3 Polukranos, World Eater
4 Whisperwood Elemental
2 Karametra's Acolyte
4 Crater Elemental
2 Stormbreath Dragon
2 Display of Dominance
2 Crater's Claws
2 Xenagos, the Reveler
1 Bow of Nylea
1 Nylea God of the Hunt

Ramp without the enchantment, beatdown with it. Thought about white for mastery and nyx-fleece ram, cause turn 2 ram, turn 3 enchantment and 5 you sounds fun.

I can probably get more creative with full spoilers and more time with the cards.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah, dude, that is actually....actually, I'm going to buy 4 of those. You may be onto something. It's a small window, right? You'll have to get it in before people wise up and start using Ultimate Price and I'm definitely going Temur for some counter protection, but that's a very interesting start.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";155518843]So far the only card in the set I'm interested in that costs more than 2 mana is Sidisi, and I'm not convinced I want to run more than one yet.[/QUOTE]

Put Mirror Mockery on her and tutor at the beginning of combat every turn.

You mean like making defenders a thing? That's like making mill a thing.

Get your Wall of Mulch playsets now, kids.

Put Mirror Mockery on her and tutor at the beginning of combat every turn.

I brought that up before, but the Legend rule ruined that dream.

edit: I think?

The trigger goes on the stack and sidisi dies as a state-based action, so I don't get the chance to use the second trigger, right? Since she dies before I can sacrifice a creature?

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";155519737]Get your Wall of Mulch playsets now, kids.

I brought that up before, but the Legend rule ruined that dream.

edit: I think?[/QUOTE]

Well, the Exploit is an ETB effect and you should be able to sac the token to itself prior to any state based effects taking place, right? God, I hate being new to the game and still getting rules down.

kirblar

Yeah, she's dead before the trigger happens. She enters play, trigger goes on the stack, but before either player can respond to the trigger you have to pick which to kill.

Well, the Exploit is an ETB effect and you should be able to sac the token to itself prior to any state based effects taking place, right? God, I hate being new to the game and still getting rules down.

The legend rule doesn't use the stack so the new sidisi just dies, I think. You could remove the old one, but then you lose the Mirror Mockery.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";155520559]The legend rule doesn't use the stack so the new sidisi just dies, I think. You could remove the old one, but then you lose the Mirror Mockery.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you're both right. I'll find more non-legendary targets for that card, yet.

Jhriad

Should they stop putting dual lands at rare and put them in the basic land slot instead? Print them at the same rate so the same quantity of dual lands gets printed as before. Boom; instant win for everybody?

As a newly returned player I loved this in Fate. When I ended up getting 2 dual lands in Khans packs it pissed me off. After getting into draft I can understand why they're in there but if they're there for draft put them and things like them (Fetch lands) in the basic land slot. Use the land slot for fucking land and keep it out of the rest of the pack. If a set needs fixing badly for draft then use it like they did in Fate and put the sets fixing in the land slot. Of course, the last time I opened packs prior to Khans was back when basic lands weren't in booster packs, at least from what I remember, they were in the Starter Deck things for the set. That and the fact that I'm new to draft might be skewing my perception of all this fixing filling up my packs though.

Big One

Banned
I wonder with all the support for Dragons in this set how long it'll take for a good Dragon Tribal deck to come out of it in Modern and Legacy formats. I don't think it'll be a tournament topper by any means but seems like a fun deck.

How many good low-cost Dragons do we even have in the game?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I wonder with all the support for Dragons in this set how long it'll take for a good Dragon Tribal deck to come out of it in Modern and Legacy formats. I don't think it'll be a tournament topper by any means but seems like a fun deck.

How many good low-cost Dragons do we even have in the game?

Your first question - Never.

Your second question - none.

kirblar

As a newly returned player I loved this in Fate. When I ended up getting 2 dual lands in Khans packs it pissed me off. After getting into draft I can understand why they're in there but if they're there for draft put them and things like them (Fetch lands) in the basic land slot. Use the land slot for fucking land and keep it out of the rest of the pack. If a set needs fixing badly for draft then use it like they did in Fate and put the sets fixing in the land slot. Of course, the last time I opened packs prior to Khans was back when basic lands weren't in booster packs, at least from what I remember, they were in the Starter Deck things for the set. That and the fact that I'm new to draft might be skewing my perception of all this fixing filling up my packs though.
You're angry when you get a card that pays for a draft in your pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom