• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario

Myth Realized art

mythrealized.jpg

Seems completely absurd.

ultron87

That's real nice that when you are finally ready to swing in you only have to spend one mana. Let's you leave up all manner of ways to protect your big guy as it is attacking.

It seems like it should have something greater than a vanilla body, to me. I guess if you're killing/removing all the potential blockers it's ok. I'm not really blown away by it. I'm probably wrong.

OnPoint

So can Myth Realized dodge enchantment hate by activating it or does it become Monk Avatar Enchantment subtype?

It doesn't dodge hate, but the kind of deck playing that card is going to likely be playing counters of some sort. I'd imagine it will be well protected and gain an additional counter in the same breath.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And yet again, everyone needs to know if a Prowess card is secretly a Control finisher.

Ha. Could you image that being printed in a set with all fatties like this one? The rage would be real.

Cost it something insanely restrictive (like 2WUG) and I'm game. Would be hilarious in the current meta.

Have it as a static ability on a permanent with morph. Surprise, stack-less Humility wouldn't break any judge's brain, I'm sure.

Humility makes any meta and and format fun. It's definitely a rage inducing card, but when put with the right cards, can easily be your ultimate weapon, especially with it deals with +1/+1 enchantments and creature types :).

PS - I made an enchantment deck that had Humility in it. While slow, was fun as fuck. So many fun things to use :).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Dromoka's Command is kind of dull but it seems playable at the moment, right?

Especially with some of the gods still in business like Nylea.

ultron87

Dromoka's Command is kind of dull but it seems playable at the moment, right?

Especially with some of the gods still in business like Nylea.

Plenty of Enchantments to kill out there, lots of red burn to shut off, and plenty of Siege Rhinos or Tasigurs to make punch other Siege Rhinos or Tasigurs with +1/+1. All the modes sound great.

MjFrancis

I've been a big fan of the basics in this whole block.

plains1.jpg
plains2.jpg
forest1.jpg

island1.jpg
island2.jpg
plains3.jpg

swamp2.jpg
swamp3.jpg
island3.jpg

mountain1.jpg
mountain2.jpg
swamp1.jpg

forest22.jpg
forest3.jpg
mountain3.jpg

Allied lands as expected, but a nice contrast to the enemy lands each clan got in Fate Reforged.

red13th

Also a fan, except of the Mountains. Noah Bradley is a great land artist but his Mountains were kind of boring this block. Mountains in general look boring though.
those lands by Paquette and de Gesincourt... wow

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"You could open it in packs, you can play it." It's not confusing.

I virtually guarantee you that no matter how many times WOTC said it, someone would show up when Tears launches trying to play Allied fetches because they "were in DTK packs."

MjFrancis

I guess I missed what this is referring to then.
"Allied lands as expected, but a nice contrast to the enemy lands each clan got in Fate Reforged."
The basic land artwork is divided by clan. They tie the broods and clans together like a fine rug.

Also a fan, except of the Mountains. Noah Bradley is a great land artist but his Mountains were kind of boring this block. Mountains in general look boring though.
those lands by Paquette and de Gesincourt... wow
Depicting the Steppe in any world is a no-win situation, lol.

I collected the de Gesincourt lands in Khans at every opportunity. Fate Reforged, too:

island.jpg
mountain1.jpg

Angry Grimace

No, that's the point, you'd be able to do it.

I find it incredibly unlikely if they wanted to keep Allied fetches legal into another block they'd "hide" them in the packs with invisible collector numbers. That's a huge stretch, man.

Angry Grimace

Warning: contains OHHHHHHHHHH ITS LIGHTNING HELIX!!! OMIGOD OMIGOD!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom