• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOT DA FUCK

damnyougrimaces1ksv.png

I got decked when my opponent was at 13 seconds left :-(

Still have no idea why Finkle didn't chump block that Wolf token :(

I went back and watched that match again a couple of months ago. What a classic. When the Venn diagram of "Kibler Deck" and "Good Deck" overlap in any given format, Kibler is nigh on unstoppable.

Also, that was the first Pro Tour I ever watched. I had only played DotP up until that point. I distinctly remember Rich Hagon making a comment about how skilltesting a card like Ponder was during the match, and as I watched Finkel literally sweating as he looked at his three Ponder cards I realized that I needed to leave the DotP bubble and move on to "real" Magic. I think I bought into MTGO just a few weeks later.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Him continuing to force green while LIfebane was in standard was the nail in the coffin for me.

He's engaging to listen to and vastly charismatic. He's a lot of fun, he's just not particularly interested in being good these days, and hates MODO with a passion.

He doesn't get paid enough to do MODO streams is what he told me.

Firemind

I lied. I also had Hordeling Outburst and Supplant Form which kind of count as creatures. Notice the Icy Blast in the sideboard. Didn't have enough creatures to turn ferocious on lol. It was amazingly fun to play, especially when I got one of the engines going. I found out Outlast and Jeskai Ascendancy work amazing together haha. My opponent's bombs didn't even matter when I can tap them down with all the cantrips, divinations and recalls in the deck. What definitely helped was taking lands early, then reap the rewards in the two Khans packs. I still had mana issues, but the deck would be basically unplayable if I only had one or two nonbasics. A++ would draft again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156207652]Anybody know a reliable screen recording software? I recorded an 8-4 with commentary for you guys' entertainment, but the video came out all screwed up.[/QUOTE]

It probably messed up because the video needs to be longer than 15 minutes.

If you catch my drift.

Firemind

0-3d, I presume. Or 3-0d. There's really no other way for that pile to go.
Lost in the first round. Mental note: PASS the siege rhino next time.

At least I can take solace that I won the next draft with this pile.

Thank you, Bill Tsang, for showing me the aggro way. Mardu Warshrieker is a bad aggro card. Sixteen is the correct land configuration for red aggro (I sided the Wind-Scarred Crag out every game for an extra card as I was flooding frequently.) I've figured out the format and it's almost nearing its end. :lol

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156207652]Anybody know a reliable screen recording software? I recorded an 8-4 with commentary for you guys' entertainment, but the video came out all screwed up.[/QUOTE]

I bought Fraps some number of years ago. I hardly ever use it, but it's been very reliable when I do.

It probably messed up because the video needs to be longer than 15 minutes.

If you catch my drift.

lol my computer is kinda medium, so I think it doesn't like recording long videos while modo is also sapping all my memory. I recorded the whole thing but the videos are all scrambled and purple and stuff. I dunno. Not really a big deal, I guess, but I thought it'd be a fun thing to do.

Angry Grimace

I must have said this already but I want a (non-foil) Volkan Baga Chrome Mox so badly, plz reprint :(

I don't think they're planning to reprint that banned as fuck in Modern card any time soon.

I say this having zero clue about what he did or did not say: in my experience with poking around GAF in the past, being "level-headed" isn't the quality that keeps you from getting banned should you venture into certain topics. :p

basically

But I had a look at the Technomancer's recent post history and seriously couldn't find anything that might result in a ban? So confused

I say just be yourself and roll with the bans. As long as you don't do something insane, you probably won't get permabanned. This is coming from someone who's been banned around half a dozen times lol

Angry Grimace

basically

But I had a look at the Technomancer's recent post history and seriously couldn't find anything that might result in a ban? So confused

This is not a forum where you get away with just using an epithet to another poster.

Telling someone they are wrong is okay; telling them they're an asshole is not.

I've been banned once.

For posting a picture that didn't allow hot linking and showed up as a Red X (back in the day when they showed up as a Red X)

Not joking.

Angry Grimace

I've been banned a ton of times for all sorts of reasons

I've been banned a ton of times for all sorts of reasons

I've been banned for plenty of reasons, and I even banned someone else this one time.

But once I was banned for like a couple days for no given reason at all and I had a topic deleted. I remember asking a mod about it but I didn't get an answer. Maybe I was dreaming the whole thing. Still weird.

I think what kirblar is saying is that when you see a card printed as a promo, you can guarantee that it won't see a mass printing for a while. The moment LotV was announced as the RPTQ promo, we should have known that it wouldn't get reprinted in 2015. Otherwise, the promo wouldn't have as much "value."

I think this is accurate, it's just that we kind of already knew we weren't gonna see her in 2015.

Aw, The Technomancer is banned. He always seemed like a level-headed guy/gal.

out for 1 day

ElyrionX

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156240721]You know you've really turned the corner into degeneracy when your EDH deck is worth more than your Standard deck.[/QUOTE]

You play EDH? What deck do you run?

Currently I have Azami Control, Animar and Darien Tokens.

I am absolutely in love with the Azami deck. So much flexibility and so much oppression built in. I used to run several infinite mana combos but took those out because they were not fun to play.

You play EDH? What deck do you run?

B/W Tokens/Planeswalker control with Teysa.

It's super expensive because I have Scrubland, Damnation, Vamp tutor and stuff like that in there. I've been trying to get a Bitterblossom and Dark Depths but nobody wants to trade them to me and the only Depths at the shop is super busted -_-

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156244282]B/W Tokens/Planeswalker control with Teysa.

It's super expensive because I have Scrubland, Damnation, Vamp tutor and stuff like that in there. I've been trying to get a Bitterblossom and Dark Depths but nobody wants to trade them to me and the only Depths at the shop is super busted -_-[/QUOTE]

I have 2 Bitterblossoms. 😇

ElyrionX

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156244282]B/W Tokens/Planeswalker control with Teysa.

It's super expensive because I have Scrubland, Damnation, Vamp tutor and stuff like that in there. I've been trying to get a Bitterblossom and Dark Depths but nobody wants to trade them to me and the only Depths at the shop is super busted -_-[/QUOTE]

I see. So far I've resisted buying the dual lands for my decks since my group is not very spikey and it's a casual format after all. Most I've spent so far on a single card is $100 each on Force of Will (because it's Force of Will) and JTMS (which I just took out of my deck. It's not that powerful in EDH but draws so much hate upon hitting the board, it's ridiculous.)

ultron87

Looking over LSV's set review, I didn't notice this card before.

en_eVp7XdDYyd.png

I don't understand why it has flying. Except for the purpose of making it really good for limited.

It's on the short list of cards to put into my Peasant cube. It's either a 3-mana Remove Soul or a threat you can flash in. I'm very much excited about that card.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Back, and flattered y'all noticed

Reading the LSV reviews just has me wishing I was going to have any time to draft Dragons. Unfortunately I'm in an intense work situation for the next three months thats going to make that next to impossible

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156297457]From infect specifically just misty rainforest. I don't go out of my way to trade for modern stuff so much as legacy, but I do have a small variety of shocks and some abrupt decays.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I have all the shocks and abrupt decays I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom