• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ugin is no dragon. He's more like a ghost daddy. An Obi Wan to Sarkhan. What does he even do in Tarkir? Probably drink tea and eat crumpets with Sorin.

Tribal Planeswalker - Ugin Dragon

=V

(yes I am aware this does not work at all)

Yeef

I actually enjoyed DGR (though significantly less than 3xRTR). As long as you weren't at one of those tables where every card in pack 1 was a cluestone, there were some fun interactions in the block draft.

The biggest issue with Dragon's Maze was that there were just too many super-narrow cards that were wasting space in a set that needed all the space it could get. Stuff like Goblin Test Pilot, Showstopper, the Cluestones, Emmara Tandris were all awful and blatantly so, to the point that I can't fathom how they didn't see it during development.

It does sort of, except if a card like this existed:

Tribal Planeswalker - Bolas Dragon

it would die to the uniqueness rule.
No it wouldn't.

Dragon is a creature type, not a planeswalker type. The Uniqueness rule only applies to planeswalker subtypes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I actually enjoyed DGR (though significantly less than 3xRTR). As long as you weren't at one of those tables where every card in pack 1 was a cluestone, there were some fun interactions in the block draft.

The biggest issue with Dragon's Maze was that there were just too many super-narrow cards that were wasting space in a set that needed all the space it could get. Stuff like Goblin Test Pilot, Showstopper, the Cluestones, Emmara Tandris were all awful and blatantly so, to the point that I can't fathom how they didn't see it during development.

No it wouldn't.

Dragon is a creature type, not a planeswalker type. The Uniqueness rule only applies to planeswalker subtypes.

"Dragon" appearing on the type line would make it a planeswalker type

Yeef

"Dragon" appearing on the type line would make it a planeswalker type

Each type has it's own unique list of subtypes defined within the rules. This is why tribal exists, so that non-creatures can have creature subtypes. I feel like we just had this discussiona few days ago :p

205.3j Planeswalkers have their own unique set of subtypes; these subtypes are called planeswalker types. The planeswalker types are Ajani, Ashiok, Bolas, Chandra, Dack, Domri, Elspeth, Garruk, Gideon, Jace, Karn, Kiora, Koth, Liliana, Nissa, Ral, Sarkhan, Sorin, Tamiyo, Tezzeret, Tibalt, Venser, Vraska, and Xenagos.
If a player controls two or more planeswalkers that share a planeswalker type, that player chooses one of them, and the rest are put into their owners’ graveyards. This “planeswalker uniqueness rule” is a state-based action. See rule 704.

Oddly enough, it looks like they forgot to add Ugin to the list of Planeswalker types. So, I guess he's not a planeswalker.

Angry Grimace

Each type has it's own unique list of subtypes defined within the rules. This is why tribal exists, so that non-creatures can have creature subtypes. I feel like we just had this discussiona few days ago :p

Oddly enough, it looks like they forgot to add Ugin to the list of Planeswalker types. So, I guess he's not a planeswalker.

Explaining an archaic dumb rule doesn't mean I understood it.

kirblar

It's not my theory guise. But I secretly wish it was true. :(
If they're in, they won't be full-art. They'd want to watermark them.

edit: The 35 "other" prerelease cards also haven't leaked yet, which is really amazing. Allocations for prereleases are really tight nowadays - I know of a (defunct) LGS where they ran a single draft internally and they ended up having to give some people packs the next friday because they ran out.

Here's an opener that really made me sweat. What say you gaf? How much courage do you have? How much discipline?

Keep or mulligan:

isthiscube0fubm.png

Ask yourself, if you open a Gideon and a Drana, what will you pick?
Depends, is there an Enclave Cryptologist in the pack?

My mission now is to join a draft with you, draft kiln fiends and beat your face in. What's your MTGO handle again?

HeebyGB

Toxi

Banned
I'd mulligan that hand. It's absurdly risky because you're depending on a steady stream of lands to have any sort of presence beyond your 1-drop leveler.

red13th

which card to cut from my cube to fit Secure the Wastes, Martial Coup or Geist-Honored Monk? leaning towards Coup
because I love the Monk's artwork

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156635035]I have now opened Sphinx of Magosi in four out of my five ROE drafts.[/QUOTE]

This seems not-unrelated to your streak of success.

Angry Grimace

I can't wait to bolster 1 with two of these dudes in play:

gEIAPLU.jpg

Firemind

Haha I just got whooped by a vampire deck. Dude flipped three black cards in a row with Vampire Nocturnus. Then I sideboarded my removal in and I won. >.>

ultron87

I wish Duel Commander had become popular instead. I'd love to play with Commander style decks but not have to play games that take two hours.

red13th

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";156651637]Rafiq of the Many[/QUOTE]

idk I wanted something Timmier. Didn't someone here say that they have a Prime Speaker Zegana deck? She seems super Timmy. MagicGAF help me.

idk I wanted something Timmier. Didn't someone here say that they have a Prime Speaker Zegana deck? She seems super Timmy. MagicGAF help me.

193932_1c0kbi.jpg
186173_1tvugt.jpg

Or if you really wanna blow some minds:

21241_1g2uqo.jpg

Look at those stats. 4 goddamn power, 7 goddamn toughness. The same stats as Kruphix. Shandlar is equal to the gods themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom