• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";159461182]It also impacts the board immediately which is a huge part in negating the cost.[/QUOTE]

I like telling people's Hornet Queen and its mates to fuck off. They usually will still have one left but Atarka just tramples through him and dies with 7 damage on its way out with no fucks given.

I've been doing really well with that dragons deck too. Profiting on MTGO just testing little changes here and there. Granted, that only works in the 2 and 8 mans when you can still sell DTK packs for over 3 tix.

There's hust something about Stubborn Denial that's super fun to cast. I guess it's just how much I like giving control decks a taste of their own medicine.

ultron87

Eew.

Mat_MTG_GP_LasVegas.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
MM2015 is likely to be a draft at the store once thing, or a "do entirely on modo where I can afford it" thing.

ultron87

Is affinity going to be a thing in MM2? I hope not, since, you know, Mirrodin.

Also 3D art is destroying Magic.

None of the cards with the actual Affinity mechanic are really in need of a reprint and it was a draft theme in MM1 so probably not? Metalcraft is in, of course.

ironmang

MM2015 is likely to be a draft at the store once thing, or a "do entirely on modo where I can afford it" thing.

I'll probably draft it a couple times to get the desire to open packs out of my system like I did with MM1. Is it going to be less expensive online or is your store just marking up the packs?

Angry Grimace

I'll probably draft it a couple times to get the desire to open packs out of my system like I did with MM1. Is it going to be less expensive online or is your store just marking up the packs?

It is in fact less expensive online (packs are 7 vs. 10 in paper). Not to mention, the supply is essentially is infinite on modo. Its just limited by the time its available (which is stupidly short, if I recall, I think MM1 was online for 2 weeks).

Is affinity going to be a thing in MM2? I hope not, since, you know, Mirrodin.

Also 3D art is destroying Magic.

Whether affinity itself is a mechanic that is in the set remains to be seen, but I'm relatively sure something along those lines will be a viable strategy given Champ. and the almost assured Mox Opal reprint.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Likely to happen at some point.

lol no. Unless they actually bring it back there is no oppressive infect deck messing up the game. It's a fringe, tier 1.5 deck at best, even with Glistener. Without it, it's simply unplayable tier F. There is nothing in the banlist logic that would show they'd even somewhat seriously consider a ban. It's basically Infect's Nacatl.

kirblar

lol no. Unless they actually bring it back there is no oppressive infect deck messing up the game. It's a fringe, tier 1.5 deck at best, even with Glistener. Without it, it's simply unplayable tier F. There is nothing in the banlist logic that would show they'd even somewhat seriously consider a ban. It's basically Infect's Nacatl.
I'm talking about Modern, not Legacy. Become Immense has caused some real issues w/ that deck's power level. At some point it's likely to tip over.

ultron87

So what would be the ideal 15 Mythics they could do? Something like...

Tarmogoyf
Karn, Liberated
Mox Opal
Vendilion Clique
Dark Confidant
Linvala, Keeper of Silence
Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
Wurmcoil Engine
Elesh Norn

+ 3

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm talking about Modern, not Legacy. Become Immense has caused some real issues w/ that deck's power level. At some point it's likely to tip over.

I don't know crap about legacy, tbh. I only speak about Modern and standard constructed, because I suck on toast at every other format.

Become Immense is sweet tech, but it only moved the deck up from tier 2 lulz time to actually viable. It's not even beginning to become a top played deck and it's so far away from being oppressive that any ban talk now is just out of the aether.

Unless they print something that breaks the deck completely (and it would have to be something utterly Treasure Cruise-y) Elf isn't getting banned. Whatever card that is, or even Inkmoth would get the schmammer first.

Ban Spellskite!

THIS MAN GETS IT

Angry Grimace

I don't know if I would be terribly excited with all three Eldrazi titans.

Also, lol just won a match with the dumbest ramp deck ever in DTK draft. It's Naya I-Can't-Commit-To-Bolster-Or-Formidable.

I don't know crap about legacy, tbh. I only speak about Modern and standard constructed, because I suck on toast at every other format.

Become Immense is sweet tech, but it only moved the deck up from tier 2 lulz time to actually viable. It's not even beginning to become a top played deck and it's so far away from being oppressive that any ban talk now is just out of the aether.

Unless they print something that breaks the deck completely (and it would have to be something utterly Treasure Cruise-y) Elf isn't getting banned. Whatever card that is, or even Inkmoth would get the schmammer first.

THIS MAN GETS IT

Glistener Elf gonna eat a ban. Maybe at the same time as Twin for the lulz

ultron87

Just saw a reprint in Commander 2014 so it probably won't be reprinted again.

Good point. Forgot about that.

I don't know if I would be terribly excited with all three Eldrazi titans.

I figured with their current prices they need printing, the non-Emrakul ones appeal to Commander players, and they won't be in Battle for Zendikar. They seem like a reasonable selection for big ass mythic instead of bad dragons.

bigkrev

So what would be the ideal 15 Mythics they could do? Something like...
+ 3

5 Colorless Cards (3 Eldrazi, Karn, Opal), Cycle of Preators (Elesh Norn, Sherhold, Urabrask, Jin-Gitaxias, Vorenclex), and 1 more Mythic in each color (Tarmogoyf, Vendilion Clique, Iona, Koth, Phyrexian Obliterator)

Jhriad

Still fairly new to format changes. Does the change to PTQs and whatnot mean that more stores will start doing Sealed & Modern for stuff like FNM? Since the old cards that I have from when I played in high school are all from pre-modern sets I don't really have a solid base to build a Modern deck from. What were the formats like before? Was it draft instead of sealed or was the only change the inclusion of Modern instead of Standard?

EDIT: I'm not opposed to building a Modern deck but I'd like to get the feel for a number of the mainstays before I go in on one and proxying several decks whole sounds obnoxious not to mention the number of folks that refuse to play with proxies.

Angry Grimace

I made it to the finals on the back of the dumbest card ever - Berserker's Onslaught
KuGsj.gif

Savage Ventmaw with Onslaught up into dropping 3 more dudes is kind of a fucking beating.

Angry Grimace

Lost in the final round. Because I didn't draw my Berserker's Onslaught
LLShC.gif

Angry Grimace

I don't think I drew my Flamerush Rider once, now that I think about it. That makes me a little sad.

Anyways, 2-1 isn't too bad. I just laugh when I play 4-color goodstuff decks. Get over KTK or go play it in the other room, that shit just makes you lose in DTK draft.

Someone please explain to me how in a 22 land deck, I am constantly drawing 10 land -- almost in a row -- on a regular basis by turn 12.

Extremely frustrating, come on mtgo. :(

[/vent]

Angry Grimace

Someone might be able to tell me what this is and who it was made by.

I'm looking for a deck box I used to own and seeing if they still make them now (or the same company). Basically, it was plastic, flip top, had velcro to hold it closed and came with a plastic deck divider inside. I don't think it was Ultra Pro. Also, I think it had an angel on the box.

Maybe Max Protection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom