• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modern has so many freaking cards. I'm too intimidated to dip my toes in because the power level seems so high.

I may or may not think Standard has slightly too many cards and too high a power level too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Huey is playing an almost identical deck to the B/W Midrange deck I was running before Journey into Nyx came out. Patrick Cox is playing the deck I'm playing now, although he's using Boros Reckoner rather than Brimaz.

f0rk

Huey is playing an almost identical deck to the B/W Midrange deck I was running before Journey into Nyx came out. Patrick Cox is playing the deck I'm playing now, although he's using Boros Reckoner rather than Brimaz.

Standard so fresh, glad we will get to watch it at every pro tour now!

Firemind

Boros Burn is not that fast unless you draw multiple pyromancers. Plus, Jund has 4 Coursers that he must kill and Scavenging Ooze out of the sideboard.

Lucario

I think Sperling is going to have some trouble if he's paired against Cunningham, but the rest of the matchups seem fine for him.

My money's still on Ichikawa, though. That Jund Walkers list is awesome.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think Sperling is going to have some trouble if he's paired against Cunningham, but the rest of the matchups seem fine for him.

My money's still on Ichikawa, though. That Jund Walkers list is awesome.

I sold all my Xenagos like three days ago for like $5. They are now selling for like $10 thanks to this Jund walker business. I personally find it funny when the MTGO monopoly price setters just double the price on any popular card right after the PT, despite the fact those prices won't stick for more than a week or so.

bigkrev

This is the most depressing match of Magic I've ever seen

That said, how was Ivan supposed to kill him G1? Jace Ultimate gets him Young Pyromancer?

Crocodile

I don't play Modern so I'm strongly considering trading/selling a lot of my extra Standard/Modern cards towards Revised Dual Lands (I specifically need one of each). Yeah or Nah?

ultron87

tumblr_l9xzj0pGCH1qztjn5o1_500.jpg

Make it end.

Angry Grimace

This is why cards like Sphinx's Revelation are a huge mistake. Should have just printed Stroke of Genius.

kirblar

This is why cards like Sphinx's Revelation are a huge mistake. Should have just printed Stroke of Genius.
I'd argue Elixir is the phantom menace. Rev is annoying, but its the recycling that makes it a nightmare.

Oh also on the LaPille hate train- has printed Divination in literally every set he's lead developed.

Another note: the sideboard win conditions in cleansing control can actually be a concession to the clock.

Also, Yuuki!

LETS GO YUUKI KING OF GAMES

alternade

No garruk in jund walkers? Seems like an auto include :/

BTW has anything shot up from M15 from this weekend? I traded away 1 garruk for 2 jaces hoping they saw play.

Nope. Too random. Yuuki's deck has a very tight and redundant plan. Opening hand with Garruk and no ramp is super awkward. Interestingly, the ratio of cards in his deck is almost exactly the same as mine in my BUG deck if you cut two thoughtseize and 2 garruk for 4 Elvish Mystic.

I just chose the wrong colors lol
Token generation is busted.

BTW has anything shot up from M15 from this weekend? I traded away 1 garruk for 2 jaces hoping they saw play.

Goblin Rabblemaster.

alternade

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";123848810]Nope. Too random. Yuuki's deck has a very tight and redundant plan. Opening hand with Garruk and no ramp is super awkward.[/QUOTE]

Even as a 1-of? Just seems like it could overtake the game

Angry Grimace

Jund Walkers loses game 1. God's Beard post if you're okay

kirblar

Oh, the biggest reason for the botched PT/PTQ thing re: Modern- WotC internally knows about MM2 despite the general public not, and they aren't noticing the information asymmetry.

Angry Grimace

Oh, the biggest reason for the botched PT/PTQ thing re: Modern- WotC internally knows about MM2 despite the general public not, and they aren't noticing the information asymmetry.

You mean the three days of mystery format?

Angry Grimace

Ichikawa brings Jund PW, casts no PW. I don't think he even drew any yet.

bigkrev

Ichikawa brings Jund PW, casts no PW. I don't think he even drew any yet.

He sided the the Chandras and Xenagos out according to commentary

Any chance they announce it in the next week or so to quell the outrage? I know they are probably saving it for PT Khans, but it would help....

bigkrev

Awwwwww!!! What did I miss!!?

Yukki had been playing around Selesnya Charm all game. He had a Scavenging Ooze with 2 counters, and 2 creatures in the graveyard. Cunningham attacks with a 5/5 Wurm token, and Yukki blocks. He then pumps his Ooze up to 5/5, and Cunningham plays Selesnya charm to exile it. He responds with Golgari Charm, shrinking his Ooze to 4/4 (meaning Selesnya charm doesn't exile it), making the Wurm 4/4, so when he activates his Ooze a second time up to 5/5, it kills the Wurm and sticks around. When the Wurm dies, it also kills Cunninghams Elemental token. He wen't from dominate board position, in full control of the game and about to win, to loosing 2 turns later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom