• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Blocking a 2/2 Experiment One with one of our two Coursers when your opponent has 3 mana up is not the ideal play.

I'm going to squeal in delight if Pierre can end this game on Vraska's assassin tokens.

Edit: Golgari Charm doing it again

I love watching control decks do their thing...usually. This Standard's Sphinx's Rev decks are painful, obnoxious, and borderline offensive to the concept of timed tournament magic. Back when Drownyard was in Standard, at least the Esper decks had a maindeckable way to win the game.

But let's be honest - Sphinx's Revelation isn't the culprit. Neither is Elixir. It's actually Jace; without a 4-of Jace, these decks would have a much harder time surviving to the point where Sphinx's Rev actually matters.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Monstrous Fleecemane has no real answer, though.

An-Det

Just turned on the coverage for the finals. Does it look weird to anyone else, like everything is going slightly too fast?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I love watching control decks do their thing...usually. This Standard's Sphinx's Rev decks are painful, obnoxious, and borderline offensive to the concept of timed tournament magic. Back when Drownyard was in Standard, at least the Esper decks had a maindeckable way to win the game.

But let's be honest - Sphinx's Revelation isn't the culprit. Neither is Elixir. It's actually Jace; without a 4-of Jace, these decks would have a much harder time surviving to the point where Sphinx's Rev actually matters.

It turns out that its hard making repeatable blue effects that are powerful without being too powerful

lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
He looks ready to cry.

EDIT: Woooooooooooooooooow

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";123887423]You always play a ton of scry lands in control.[/QUOTE]

The color you pick is just to represent whatever you want. You typically see Silence to make them think its maybe Esper or something.

Firemind

Floch ram out of win conditions, so he goat an Archangel of Thune to silambs the non-believers.

Super Standard is sheeping up to be very interesting for WMCQ grinders. Who's going?

Angry Grimace

Floch ram out of win conditions, so he goat an Archangel of Thune to silambs the non-believers.

Super Standard is sheeping up to be very interesting for WMCQ grinders. Who's going?

So baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Didn't a top 4 finish mean that Owen would captain the U.S. team for the WMC?

So Reid Duke's miserable day one draft not only cost him PotY, but also the captain's chair? Is he still live for a berth at Champs?

Yeef

Even as someone who plays a very similar deck, that Blue-White control deck is so boring. Not only does it not use any new Standard cards, but it also takes like 15 minutes to actually win after it's already won.

ElyrionX

Disagree. Jace is a 4-mana 4-loyalty drop and in that deck, casting him against most of the field is tricky as he dies very easily. Might as well cast divination for 3 and not give your opponent any idea what cards you grabbed.

Disagree. Jace is a 4-mana 4-loyalty drop and in that deck, casting him against most of the field is tricky as he dies very easily. Might as well cast divination for 3 and not give your opponent any idea what cards you grabbed.

You dig one deeper, get to control what you take, and have the opportunity to do it again. And then there are his other abilities. I'd take resolving a Jace over Divination in so so many situations.

At FNM, I'm developing a mono-green Nissa/Garruk list. No BTE and I have a couple Sylvan Primordials and a couple Worldspine Worms. I was thinking about shaving some creatures here and there and splashing black for 4X Lotleth Troll, 1x Apex Predator, and 2x Golgari Charm in the main. I want to keep my Nissas relevant so I'm thinking about putting in 4x Overgrown Tomb and 2x Urborg. My current planeswalker suite is 3xGreen Garruk and 2x Nissa. With the amount of creatures I'm drawing with Garruk, Lotleth Troll felt like it would have been a good thing to have on board so many times.

ElyrionX

You dig one deeper, get to control what you take, and have the opportunity to do it again. And then there are his other abilities. I'd take resolving a Jace over Divination in so so many situations.

The problem is, many decks/opponents won't let you use his -2 more than once.

Angry Grimace

I think everyone is tired of post-Journey standard and is eagerly awaiting Khans. The biggest thing for me is that the key cards in the dominant decks are all rotating out (Sphinx's Rev, Pack Rat, Mutavault, Verdict, etc.). We actually get to see some other deck.

Angry Grimace

God's Beard!";123908843][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1ueErB8bms&list=UU8ZGymAvfP97qJabgqUkz4A#t=45m said:
For emphasis, the best play all weekend.[/URL]

Its even better you can't understand whatever he says in Japanese because it took everyone like 5 or 6 seconds to digest what he was doing.

God's Beard!";123908843][URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1ueErB8bms&list=UU8ZGymAvfP97qJabgqUkz4A#t=45m said:
For emphasis, the best play all weekend.[/URL]

I love that you can hear the crowd roar. Those moments make me wish there was a crowd-cam they could cut to so we could share their reactions.

Firemind

Ah, so that's what the sideboard looks like. Wow, looks so much better than mine. It makes sense to have the fourth Legion Loyalist and Rubblebelt Maaka 5-8, since they're so important in the creature matchups. Loyalist is especially brutal against Master of Waves. Shame it'll rotate soon. Gonna try and get the most out of it in this weekend's GP and WMCQs.

kirblar

I didn't even bother to raredraft. Would much rather sightsee Amsterdam. If I were a tourist. :p
I was in college and student loans hadn't hit bank account yet. :( Was cheapskating it, need to go back someday and relax/enjoy it.

I DID spot a wild gigolo on the tram though! Leather handbag, '80s suit - there was no mistaking it!

Firemind

May have just been an Italian magic player. ;)

I swear I've never seen so many tourists in Amsterdam every day apart from maybe Paris. Today I've seen a group of people riding Segways through the dam square. smh

Hey, if you happen to qualify for PT Brussels, let me know and we can maybe meet up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom