• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

alternade

Yukki had been playing around Selesnya Charm all game. He had a Scavenging Ooze with 2 counters, and 2 creatures in the graveyard. Cunningham attacks with a 5/5 Wurm token, and Yukki blocks. He then pumps his Ooze up to 5/5, and Cunningham plays Selesnya charm to exile it. He responds with Golgari Charm, shrinking his Ooze to 4/4 (meaning Selesnya charm doesn't exile it), making the Wurm 4/4, so when he activates his Ooze a second time up to 5/5, it kills the Wurm and sticks around. When the Wurm dies, it also kills Cunninghams Elemental token. He wen't from dominate board position, in full control of the game and about to win, to loosing 2 turns later

Bless his light ;_;

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";123856160]Tournament's over now. :-([/QUOTE]

There's a second Jund walkers, but not as fun of a list.

bigkrev

Also, after the last modern GP was calling Jund "Rock with Red", i'm glad we are back to sensible naming conventions here.

Firemind

I might have to add more Magma Sprays in the sideboard. Can't board out Lightning Strikes because of Fleecemane Lion and Stoke the Flames because of Loxodon Smiter. Damn G/W!

Lucario

Elvish mystic is his only foil? I guess he's not as afraid of deck checks as I am, seems like they could get a little warped after two full days of magic.

It's also a card that you can get tons of advantage out of cutting to the top. Do FNM foils just not warp as much?

Yup, it's nothing but accellerants, removal, and high-impact bombs. It's designed specifically to blow up Thoughtseize decks.

The fact that they're bombs doesn't matter so much as incremental advantage. You can't beat the x-for-one deck when your deck is based on one-for-ones. It's the same reason mono black loses to the red aggro decks that play multiple creatures in early turns.

So yeah, when all your top decks generate advantage thoughtseize isn't as good. Avoiding creature removal is a nice bonus.

f0rk

Rich Hagon trying to damage control. Apparently the World Magic Cup and World Championship will involve modern

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why would you root for such a durdly deck my god.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";123864164]It has lots of ways to win.[/QUOTE]

Such as?

bigkrev

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";123864164]It has lots of ways to win.[/QUOTE]

It's only ways to win maindeck are Mutavaults, and decking from Elixer of Immortality. Jace is only a win condition if your opponent has something.

It's only ways to win maindeck are Mutavaults, and decking from Elixer of Immortality. Jace is only a win condition if your opponent has something.

There you go, three win conditions! That's enough when you need a certain control density while blanking your opponent's cards. The deck is pretty much perfect.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";123864542]There you go, three win conditions! That's enough when you need a certain control density while blanking your opponent's cards. The deck is pretty much perfect.[/QUOTE]

This is boring for everyone who isn't Ivan.

f0rk

Was debating whether I wanted to try and borrow a deck for Game Day next weekend, the chance this deck might be popular making it less likely.

bigkrev

I forgot the other method, just shown on stream "I'm going to discard these 7 spells you can never beat because the rest of my hand is better, inducing a concession.
Was debating whether I wanted to try and borrow a deck for Game Day next weekend, the chance this deck might be popular making it less likely.

This deck is worse in timed rounds unless you are REALLY good at it and can play it super quick

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I guess boring the other player to sleep counts as winning.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";123865991]I honestly believe that this is the best deck in the format if there wasn't a clock.[/QUOTE]

Its literally no different than it was when Theros came out. Did it win all of the other PTs?

Angry Grimace

If you can't understand why this is boring, then I don't know what to say.

Negator

Magic: Making Morridoom look entertaining.

I like watching Morridoom go off only because of how execution intensive it is and am always amazed when Chris G pilots it.

I feel like it's actually pretty similar though, when Chris G starts losing it's hype time. I feel people feel the same way watching these PT games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom