• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!! It's an untapped goldmine

"It seemed to be a sort of monster, or symbol representing a monster, of a form which only a diseased fancy could conceive. If I say that my somewhat extravagant imagination yielded simultaneous pictures of a goblin, a tree, and a human caricature, I shall not be unfaithful to the spirit of the thing. A pulpy, branching head surmounted a grotesque and wood-like body with rudimentary leaves; but it was the general outline of the whole which made it most shockingly frightful."
-H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Pre-Modern Design

imagezyufk.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
God Wood Elemental really might just have to be the worst fucking card of all time. Like, I feel like you can at least try to construct some stupid combo around Sorrow's Path. What the fuck do you do with a Wood Elemental? Is there something that might care about...lands hitting the graveyard?

God Wood Elemental really might just have to be the worst fucking card of all time. Like, I feel like you can at least try to construct some stupid combo around Sorrow's Path. What the fuck do you do with a Wood Elemental? Is there something that might care about...lands hitting the graveyard?

Ultimate Nissa, put 20 forests into play
sacrifice 80 power worth of forests to make a 20/20 wood elemental
cast fastbond
cast crucible of worlds
cast emrakul
win the game

EZPZ

What the fuck do you do with a Wood Elemental? Is there something that might care about...lands hitting the graveyard?

Double P/T combo with Forgotten Harvest! ...Next turn!

Yeah, this is the kind of card you only remember if you open it in a pack. And a reminder that as late as Prophecy they were still trying to push land sacrificing.

ultron87

The "untapped" part of Wood Elemental is my favorite. Can't even play it as a 4 mana 4/4 by saccing everything. Because that would be broken.

JulianImp

All this talk about old cards just reminded me of the Floral Spuzzem + R&D's Secret Lair "combo". I wish I had those two cards to fool around with every now and then.

Maybe then I could use the Spanish Meloku that puts 2/2 fliers into play, the Portuguese metalcraft counterspell that didn't even say "Counter target spell" on it and maybe the Jackal Familiar from M13/14 who couldn't attack or block altogether (they forgot the whole "alone" part).

Does anyone else remember other crazy translation errors which actually ended up making it to print in recent sets (as in Modern-legal ones)?

Arksy

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";161211979]the 4/4s don't have haste. Clearly my game plan is the only line to victory.[/QUOTE]

I'm still missing something, why not play 20 forests and just go on to cast Emrakul?

Kerrinck

Image.ashx

It's even on curve as well.

inthrall

This is my secret tech in Titania >.>

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SCG would probably buy at half the value so they'd need to be able to sell at least 1k rabblemasters in order to break even. They'd need to do it pretty soon because they'll rotate out in September and I don't think these cards are used in modern all that much.

So the question they'd ask is whether they could sell 1k rabblemasters in that time.

For the dude...he bought 2k rabblemasters at $2.50...meaning he spent 5k...he'd need to sell 325 in order to break even, and 650 at SCG buy prices to break even.

All in all it seems like an incredibly silly thing to do unless he has the market/selling power.

Of course this all goes out the window if it is actually modern playable, or if by some chance it is reprinted in Magic Origins.

There is a site that buys in bulk for a pretty good price.

lupin23rd

Yeah Wood Elemental is pretty garbage. Is there any removal in those first few sets? Maybe it's good in a pure Legends draft? lol

Sticking in Legends, Angelic Voices is trash as well. Never understood the idea of "let's take a staple (crusade in this case), make it worse, and increase the casting cost!"

One of my other all time fav trash cards though is Aysen Highway. No surprise it's from perhaps the most useless set of all time.

Maledict

The first few sets are full of well costed, efficient removal. For the first 6+ years of the game creatures were generally underpowered and spells were overpowered. Creatures that used to be viewed as overpowered are now not even playable as development have ramped creatures up.

For many years green was regarded as the trash colour because greens thing is creatures, and creatures weren't worth playing. How the times have changed...

Kerrinck

I was not aware there were other goyfs outside of Tarmo.

And almost all of them saw constructed play as well with the exception of the terrible Cantivore. Cognivore was played on Oath, Magnivore on Ponza, Terravore on Assault Loam, Detritivore on control mirrors and Mortivore saw some play out of SB's,

Karla Ortiz must be getting an insane amount of publicity compared to other magic artists by having the only spoiled card of a set for so long with her new Liliana.

OnPoint

I'm going to try this in my prelim Manifest deck builds. Can't wait to start smashing lists together for it, it's going to be fun.

Image.ashx

OnPoint

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";161274412]Are you already playing Halimar Depths?[/QUOTE]
Adding it to my list now! Thanks, I forgot about that card

God, Tarmogoyf is too fucking expensive. I wanna play BUG, but fuck goyfs.

Is it too much to ask to play a deck with Clique and Abrupt Decay and not have to cost two grand?

Yeef

FNM promos seem to always be uncommons these days. I'm going to guess the next one will be either Remand or Spell Snare.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I have to say, I don't know if its burnout or what, but this is one of the most boring Standard metas I can remember. Every time I play I get bored immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom