• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go, Red!

en_beGQBsb4S5.png

Also:

en_anBzntz4pq.png
en_hTrC99mCaH.png
en_6XFFrTaOe1.png
en_GQXuecbgSs.png
en_okAPlbfeou.png
en_5DxmiTZmlh.png
en_JIu6zy35q5.png
en_tqhcaPhCno.png

bigkrev

I'm expecting them to also run out of room at rare. I'm curious to see what gets downshifted to uncommon this time around. Last time we saw kind of a motley crew of downshifts: Auntie's Snitch, Epochrasite, Feudkiller's Verdict, Mad Auntie, Masked Admirers, Pardic Dragon, Reach of Branches, Take Possession, and Worm Harvest. This wasn't anything particularly important from the perspective of the Modern format - it was just a way to plug gaps in the limited format. I'm interested to see what happens this time around.

It will be cards to fill help the themes in limited. For example, with R/U being Elementals, I could see Elemental Appeal moved down to uncommon to give the deck a powerful, out of nowhere finisher

EDIT: Oooh, Eldrazi Temple and Eye of Ugin shifted down?!? Guess they want to make it possible to cast an Eldrazi in draft!

Also, Finkel keeping it real

Which is why we've gotten almost to the end of the article and I've talked almost no strategy. There is no strategy for Shadowmage Infiltrator. If you put it in a serious Constructed deck, you are wrong. If you take him highly in a Cube draft, you are also wrong. If you play him in a Cube draft, you are likely, but not definitely, wrong. I haven't seen the rest of Modern Masters 2015 Edition, but I suspect Shadowmage will be playable but unspectacular. Which is about the best he's been in a very long time.

red13th

He's unspectacular but definitely top 3 Dimir card for a modern cube. Certainly uncommon material though, it's an upgraded OPHIDIAN for crying out loud. Eh at least it has the little foil mark thingy, looks pretty.

OnPoint

It could, but the card isn't really in need of a reprint anymore- she's now only a one of in the super fringe G/W Hatebears, and the even more fringe/theoretical Death and Taxes.

That might factor in? But it's possible the FTV inclusion was set before the banning as well.

bigkrev

If we assume that Tezzeret Agent of Bolas is in (based on the MTGO avatar), we only have room for 3 mythic rares left. We still need a Red card and at least 1 more Planeswalker (They could do Koth and kill 2 birds with one stone). I'm guessing the Walker is Ajani Vengent, and the Red card is Kiki-Jiki, which just leaves one more hole, likely to be filled by either a White or Blue card.

OnPoint

If we assume that Tezzeret Agent of Bolas is in (based on the MTGO avatar), we only have room for 3 mythic rares left. We still need a Red card and at least 1 more Planeswalker (They could do Koth and kill 2 birds with one stone). I'm guessing the Walker is Ajani Vengent, and the Red card is Kiki-Jiki, which just leaves one more hole, likely to be filled by either a White or Blue card.
It makes me wonder... Elspeth and Sarkhan were in MM and were hugely central to the stories that followed. Will Tez and Karn be important at some point during the next few blocks?

OnPoint

I preordered my two boxes this weekend. One to open and one to sock away.

So now that we see a lot of what the set has to offer, what do we think this does to boxes of MM1 in terms of price?

Edit:

VVV I'm probably going to draft the box I open with friends. VVV

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";162783163]I like how nobody gives a shit about MM2015 for anything other than value. The whole thing is stupid.[/QUOTE]

This is a bad take and you should feel bad.

Yeef

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";162783163]I like how nobody gives a shit about MM2015 for anything other than value. The whole thing is stupid.[/QUOTE]I can't wait to draft it, along with a lot of other people in my area.

bigkrev

My playgroup has decided to preorder 2 boxes so we can do some drafts. A random LGS that I didn't even know existed until a month ago is offering a 10 dollar discount off each box you preorder after your first, so it's going to run us $470

Where's all the people saying, "yay I'm gonna enter $30 drafts twice a week!"

I'd do this in a heartbeat if any stores near me would offer it. So far, one store has a sealed MM2015 PPTQ on it's schedule, and another is doing a launch event with drafts, but that's about it so far.

I have zero desire to pay $30 to draft this set.

However, I will draft the shit out of it on MTGO with my phantom points. I'm actually super stoked that they're using the Cube prize structure for it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";162787882]"yay, this deck is cheaper"
"yay this card is at xxx rarity now"
"yay my lgs isn't fucking me"

edit
dammit yeef and bigkrev, I'm trying to establish a narrative here.[/QUOTE]

So basically all things that should make Magic players happy.

Except God's Beard. He's pissed off for no actual reason other than reasons.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why are PRM cards worth so much less than regular cards on MTGO? Was trying to move some Stoke the Flames last night and the PRM cards are not worth even half what the M15 Stokes are worth. Do people really care about art that much on MTGO? Just find it weird. Personally think the promo versions look much nicer too.

I get it in real life because I personally don't like foils in my deck and will never play with them outside of limited but just feel its weird online.

MjFrancis

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";162787882]"yay, this deck is cheaper"
"yay this card is at xxx rarity now"
"yay my lgs isn't fucking me"

[/QUOTE]Yay, I'm gonna enter a $40 MM2 draft!

At least the prize pool will have an MM2 pack for every entry. Bad news is that they will mix the pods together as always and the prize payout will likely only go to a top 4 of 24-32 players. At that rate I won't be able to afford to lose a game, let alone a match. I'll likely be happier drafting purchased boxes for no prizes at a friend's house later that weekend.

At least we have Origins to look forward to this summer, eh?

Angry Grimace

Then don't. Just buy singles.

He's full of shit anyways. He's going to just draft it repeatedly on MTGO.

Why are PRM cards worth so much less than regular cards on MTGO? Was trying to move some Stoke the Flames last night and the PRM cards are not worth even half what the M15 Stokes are worth. Do people really care about art that much on MTGO? Just find it weird. Personally think the promo versions look much nicer too.

I get it in real life because I personally don't like foils in my deck and will never play with them outside of limited but just feel its weird online.

They're not redeemable.

They're significantly less rare on MTGO than they are in real life. They're essentially participation promos (during the month that they're the promo, you automatically get one the first time you join an event or buy something from the store).

f0rk

Redrafting rares is really the best way to draft such expensive sets like MMA. I wonder how that will work out at the GPs.

Angry Grimace

They've been doing full reveals on Friday since at least Theros.

Spoiler season is normally longer, but my guess is that they don't have any reason to hype this set anyways. They're going to sell all of the product.

Wasteland Remastered and MMA2015 are coming at the perfect time. Dragons Standard is fucking awful and I'm super happy they've made something else for me to blow my money/time on while still playing the game.

Angry Grimace

I'm actually pretty glad I got a box. All the "jank" you guys hate are going into my casual EDH decks and anything good I'll probably try and flip for stuff I need for my pitiful BW Tokens deck.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Goddamn, this set is bonkers. DAT VALUE AMIRITE GB?

Besides Mr. Thrull Guy, everything we've seen has a spot somewhere. Most of them in actual, real life modern decks. That's all I every asked for out of a Masters set.

Sniff.

(Watch everything else be like, Thallids)

Angry Grimace

It's like they picked one junk rare and showed it on day one to throw everyone off.

There's going to be more junk. Its a large set so there's a ton of additional rares were aren't seeing.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";162772126]Ok, I figured it out.

Why not Dragonlord Kolaghan and Atarka FRF ? It doesn't require the Legendary rule and gives you Absurd Damage in the air

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Whatevs, any draft environment with Bolt, Daybreak and Emrakul is bound to be a ton of fun.

Bolt u guise!! I never got to draft a bolt.

Jhriad

Just saw that I can get boxes for $225 tax free. I'm now a roiling maelstrom of internal conflict as I contemplate whether or not to bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom